Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:47 AM

1,640 posts, read 796,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes, she did. But still, each time she answered, she spent a lot of time talking to Trump, rather than to the person in front of her.

Yes, she did better than Trump at this, but her mind was still too focussed on him.
Hillary was able to manage Trump while answering questions, and her composure. Trump on the other hand did the best he could do. The best any republican can muster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 07:48 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
It does take a village because we are not living on islands. The whole of society, like it or not, raises children; contributes to what and who influences them, their opportunities, and what they will contribute. Get your head out of the sand.

With that said, you, me and everyone else is also entirely dependent of that village. The vast majority couldn't survive a week without plumbing and supermarkets.
The quote was about raising your children, not about your plumbing. While society has an influence on how children grow up, it takes two dedicated and loving parents to raise a child, not a village. Divorce and or not being married is not an excuse for not to be a good parent and not being there for your child.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:50 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,646 times
The only thing that Sniffles proved last night was that the mic at the last debate was most definitely not broken!

Old 10-10-2016, 07:51 AM

1,640 posts, read 796,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The quote was about raising your children, not about your plumbing. While society has an influence on how children grow up, it takes two dedicated and loving parents to raise a child, not a village.
It's all interconnected. We are all dependent on each other. It's mind numbing how anyone cannot grasp this. People want a successful, thriving society that will provide them with their technology, their medications, their security, but don't think they have to contribute to it as a society. It's irrational.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Johnson has said it should be "as easy as possible" for people to come into the country and work. (As if we have jobs for everyone that wants to come here, and as if they'll all have jobs that they can sustain their entire families on.) In fact Johnson doesn't even recognize such as a thing as illegal immigration.
He's a libertarian. I don't know why people keep missing this point. Libertarians are not some midway point between Rs and Ds - if they were, they'd be happy being either conservative Ds or liberal Rs. Like true Marxists, they ideally want the state to wither away, and that includes border control.

Do libertarians love this country? I'm sure they do. But they are not nationalistic flag-wavers.

Last edited by jacqueg; 10-10-2016 at 08:13 AM..

Old 10-10-2016, 07:52 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,339,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think Trump did much better and was good style wise, I voted 'tie' in the poll because Hillary because her positions in the debate are more mainstream. I was very happy with the two moderators for asking both candidates tough questions and not letting them go rogue and over time as much.
It was a clear, blatant WIN for Trump, he mopped the floor with her

You should be ashamed of yourself
You will go to jail
Etc...

Priceless!

Clinton reply: Silly, embarrassed grins!

I think Hillary is finished!

That people can vote that Hillary won is beyond my comprehension.

'I think the "booze" is talking with those people, delusional.

TRUMP 2016.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:52 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,164,069 times
The way I look at it, it doesn't matter what Hillary says, remember that she will only be giving her "public opinion" not the "private opinion" that she and her huge donors have regarding the direction THEY want to take OUR country in.

No wonder she wears such a hefty diaper, she is so full of "it" that has to drip out! Boy, Bill looked like "death warmed over". And, Hillary and the constant "peeved" look on her crooked face.

Glad to see Trump bring it altogether.

I didn't care for either moderator.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 AM

6,753 posts, read 3,376,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
You watch these late night shows like Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel, and their ENTIRE monologue consists of demeaning trump, with MAYBE one token reference to Hillary's misgivings.
Colbert is absolutely the worst of the lot. Besides being the worst liberal weenie of late-night TV, he isn't in the least bit funny or entertaining.

All of these TV talk show hosts think their opinions are much more important than they are.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,102,173 times
Exclamation Hillary bombed in 2nd debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
what the heck is going on, cooper and this woman i've never seen, heard of or don't know her name is battling with the candidate. Incredible what's going on.
As with the first debate, interruptions by both moderators were twice as frequent with Trump than Hillary. At least they could admit bias and feign helplessness.

The fact that CNN said Hillary won the second debate when over 90% of the American public agrees that Trump won hands down demonstrates that CNN can't be neutral.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:55 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Even Jimmy Carter admitted he lusted after women.

(Of course, Jimmy Carter never was caught on tape saying the vlle stuff Trump said).
He only did it with his heart. A better man then either Donald or Bill.
(But Bill is not the one running today)

" I try not to commit a deliberate sin. I recognize that I'm going to do it anyhow, because I'm human and I'm tempted. And Christ set some almost impossible standards for us. Christ said, 'I tell you that anyone who looks on a woman with lust has in his heart already committed adultery. I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. This is something that God recognizes I will do--and I have done it--and God forgives me for it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections