Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 07:18 PM

245 posts, read 318,243 times

Advertisements

What is your main voting issue?

Vote here
What is your main voting issue?

I can add more issues on that voting list

If someone like to dispute Climate-change/Greenhouse Warming, do it there
https://www.city-data.com/forum/scien...l#post45758492
or there
https://aeternums.wordpress.com/2016/10/09/gw/
but please not here again.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:57 AM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
To me, the election comes down to nationalism versus globalism. Losing nationalism is losing everything our ancestors worked and/or died for and giving up who we are as a nation and a people. Nothing means more to me than saving who we are.

Everyone should educate themselves on nationalism and globalism:

Trump vs. Hillary Is Nationalism vs. Globalism, 2016 | The National Interest

When and Why Nationalism Beats Globalism - The American Interest

All of the important issues, the economy, jobs, security and healthcare, are dependent on our continuing to embrace and support nationalism.

While social issues are important those can be addressed after we take care of the immediate needs that our country has. Make this election about saving our country because those looking to dominate us care nothing about the social issues especially of women and the LGBT community.

This is the most important election in my long lifetime. We can't mess up.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:04 AM

Its a good feeling but we must we have global trades, think global and act local. Also avoid wars as leads to migrants.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:06 AM

599 posts, read 693,257 times
National security

Old 10-09-2016, 07:08 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
I'm a gay man partnered to another gay man. We live in our own home that we own, have 2 cars, 2 dogs, garage, grass lawn, etc. In other words, a piece of the American Dream. I vote to prevent a nazi germany happening here.

From what I have seen so far, the Trump phenomenon looks very similar to the precursor of nazi germany. And I don't care if you guys accuse me of violating godwin's law. When we have a candidate that demonizes entire groups of people, encourages his fans to disenfranchise minority groups, and students holding hateful signs to disenfranchise the other team in a game who were made up of mostly hispanic students, I know we are heading toward the nazi germany direction if ilks like Trump are given a voice. I absolutely don't believe it is a coincidence that every white nationalist group out there have rallied to support Trump. That should give you a clue to what kind of message Trump is pushing.

My partner and I are not activists. We don't get in people's faces. And actually, I'm deep in the closet at work as not to offend people who might be offended by how I live my life. We just want to be left alone. Letting Trump take a hold of power might as well be letting the religious freaks have free reign over our lives. No thanks.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
National security
Added

Old 10-09-2016, 07:20 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
Supreme court. The right gave us Citizens United. No more of that. Supreme court has made some bad decisions recently with policing as well and imminent domain. Also regulation on commerce and the epa and fda needs responsible democratic stewardship. Oboma care needs to be expanded not eliminated for millions of Americans. Hey Rubio and Cruz signed up.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:35 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Ability to purchase health insurance without pre-existing condition . In other words, continue Obamacare and improve it rather than repeal it. Hillary will improve it. There are ways to make it better without repealing it.

The GOP wants to get rid of Obamacare. They say they will replace it but they don't have any ideas/plans on what to replace it with. This is because they really don't plan to replace it with anything. They would say they are evaluating a replacement for 20 years while people die because they cannot get insurance due to preexisting conditions.

Environment is another important issue to me. Not just global warming, but clean air and clean water, sustainable practices, environmental protection. The GOP is generally anti-environment and would rather allow businesses to dump toxins. These are some of the regulations that Trump would get rid of and allow toxic waste to spew.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:44 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Ability to purchase health insurance without pre-existing condition . In other words, continue Obamacare and improve it rather than repeal it. Hillary will improve it. There are ways to make it better without repealing it.

The GOP wants to get rid of Obamacare. They say they will replace it but they don't have any ideas/plans on what to replace it with. This is because they really don't plan to replace it with anything. They would say they are evaluating a replacement for 20 years while people die because they cannot get insurance due to preexisting conditions.

Environment is another important issue to me. Not just global warming, but clean air and clean water, sustainable practices, environmental protection. The GOP is generally anti-environment and would rather allow businesses to dump toxins. These are some of the regulations that Trump would get rid of and allow toxic waste to spew.
This is life or death for millions of Americans. Millions of Americans have diabetes, hypertension, depression, anxiety, heart diesease, sciatica, cancer, chronic allergies who need treatment. Particularly people in red states. Their lives are in the balance.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:44 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Americas Jobs trade and borders.

Typical white racist concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections