Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM

1,640 posts, read 801,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I will answer that, I want the least likely person to raise my federal income tax so it can be used to subsidize those too cheap to pay for their own college...
There are many benefits living in a well skilled and well educated society. If you're not interested in that then I challenge you to take residence in one of the many nations in the worl that do not value education. Go ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Hillary =/= Obama

Hillary is to the right of Obama for sure.

And she's got the best President in the last 35 years on her couch.

Mick

Old 10-12-2016, 06:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Oh I'd really like to hear what issues you base this upon...
Quote:
Is this the same one who wined that the policies he was forced to sign into law, would result in exploding numbers of people on welfare, massive deficits and a crashing economy, none of which took place?

Old 10-12-2016, 06:44 PM

120 posts, read 91,208 times
I'll be voting for Hillary Clinton because she has amazing head on her shoulders. She brings tremendous experience, stamina, ideas, and has a true understanding of how to work with many different types of people. I admire and respect those qualities so much, and look forward to her presidency, which was absolutely meant to be!

Last edited by sidewalker; 10-12-2016 at 07:00 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 06:47 PM

33,635 posts, read 12,825,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Great economy
Obama has presided over the longest period of sub 3% year over year real GDP growth (his entire presidency) in the entire history of the country. What....specifically...will Hillary do to change this?

Barack Obama's Sad Record on Economic Growth | RealClearMarkets

Old 10-12-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Just curious...by what measure? And I don't mean by what happened to occur while Bill Clinton was president. I mean measured by what HE did....specifically.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:02 PM

37,602 posts, read 19,463,704 times
In 2008 my 401k and my IRA had dropped so much I didn't know if I would ever be able to retire. Wih Obama at the helm both accounts recovered and made up almost everything I calculated I would have lost, and I retired two years ago. Since then, with the market over 18,000, I have made almost as much money on my investments as I did when I was working. I have been able to travel quite a bit (just got back from an 8,600 mile loop through the West, planning to visit Cuba and the UK next year). Life is good!

If FDR hadn't screwed things up I'd vote Obama for a third term.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:05 PM

25,608 posts, read 56,706,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Obama has presided over the longest period of sub 3% year over year real GDP growth (his entire presidency) in the entire history of the country. What....specifically...will Hillary do to change this?

Barack Obama's Sad Record on Economic Growth | RealClearMarkets
Why do the Obama haters consistently let ideology overrule facts and consistently ignore:
  • THE GREAT RECESSION, the resultant hole out of which it took six years to dig.
  • GLOBALIZATION AND TECHNOLOGY.
There was NO previous period anywhere near like the one we are experiencing. There was NO GLOBALIZATION in 1980s during the sainted Reagan years. And, Reagan certainly didn't experience anything but a normal short-term recession.

It's a miracle this country is still standing given the conditions when Obama took office in 2009.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:14 PM

37,602 posts, read 19,463,704 times
Quote:
Hillary =/= Obama

Mick
Actually, according to Political Compass, Barry has swung far right and passed her in the last four years.
Attached Thumbnails
Hillary Supporters Why You Want Four More Years Of The Last Eight?-83447393.jpg  

Old 10-12-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
There are many benefits living in a well skilled and well educated society. If you're not interested in that then I challenge you to take residence in one of the many nations in the worl that do not value education. Go ahead.
Typical 'start right in with demonization' leftist response.

So...being against free college means that someone doesn't care about living in a well skilled and well educated society? How so? There are a number of colleges that provide great value re tuition, and a number of students work in paid jobs while they are going to college.

Many would agree that unpaid internships benefit skill level. Why not encourage as many internships as possible so that skill levels are as high as possible? Because in Obama's world leaving this unfettered is 'not fair' . Mean old companies take advantage of poor little students . One of my little relatives went through her 'It's not fair' phase when she was probably four years old, not as a forty some odd year old POTUS. In 2010 Obama tasked his Department of Labor with imposing regulations re these arrangements....and regulate they did. Will Hillary reverse the regulations the DOL imposed in 2010? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections