Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:42 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,556,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I am defining it by income. Look at the economic report released two weeks ago. Every single income bracket -- from those in poverty to the richest in society -- are seeing their incomes rise. The poor and middle class are making more than they have since 2000, and I believe the same is true for the top brackets.
Thanks. I guess it must be based on the distribution rather than absolute dollars. I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't another variable, since it seemed a little odd to state that the income for every income bracket has increased... kind of like saying that boxers in every weight class have gotten heavier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 PM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
my money market interest disappeared, now i keep my money in bank for free and these banks get free cash and aren't forced to pay regular citizens interest, think of the billions these banks are holding without paying out a single penny to anyone, they're borrowing money interest free.
There are always winners and losers when it comes to interest rates. The banks are happy to loan your money that they get for free to me at 2.75% for a 15 year mortgage. Right now borrowers are doing pretty good with the lower rates.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:07 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,237,827 times
Because four more years of the last eight years will be better than the hell Donald Trump would give us the next four years. Have you forgotten where we were when Obama took office? We were on the brink of another great depression after 8 years of republican failed trickle down economics.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:14 PM

5,867 posts, read 4,190,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Thanks. I guess it must be based on the distribution rather than absolute dollars. I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't another variable, since it seemed a little odd to state that the income for every income bracket has increased... kind of like saying that boxers in every weight class have gotten heavier.
It might seem odd, but that wouldn't actually be a nonsensical thing to say. It could actually be possible that boxers in every weight class have gotten heavier.

My assumption is the same as yours, however: people at every percentile are making more money in real dollars than they have in sixteen years.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:16 PM

609 posts, read 506,561 times
Obama's 8 years have been fantastic for me and my family.
401k doing fantastic after a massive depression in 2009.
Have not been laid off in 8 years.
Peace in the country.
New houses, new cars, ... etc.

Let's be honest. Look at the disarray in the Republican Party ... How can these people lead our country with so much hate among each other? Watching how the Republicans are talking about each other is seriously depressing.

Obama has been the bigger man, despite all the obstruction ...despite trying to call him "Kenyan" and Un-American.
The Democratic party is willing to lead, and compromise, do what's right for the country and move the country forward.

We need a functioning Republican party. But at this time, Obama and the democrats are simply the adults in the room.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:21 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,283,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Personally, we are doing great. Love that stock market.

But, the Congress will not be any different.

The Tea Party and the moderate Republicans will be having the standoff instead of the congress and the POTUS.

They will put their needs ahead of the country just like they always do.

Plus, POTUS Trump is going after all those congressmen who did not support him. Nothing will change.
True.

But the Fed had to inject a lot of stimulus money to fuel party.
Consequently doubling the debt, no choice really, had to done.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:29 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,674,826 times
The past eight years have been an amazing turnaround for the country, and there's still more work to be done. But you know the saying, you don't know what you have 'til it's gone.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:32 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,780,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Yes. Average household income is at a higher level than it has been since 2000.....in real dollars.
You lie, every single person I know I come has decreased. Nobody did better income wise except for the stock market which is inflated by the FED.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,832,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Let's see.

In the last 8 years my wife got a really good promotion (company expanding).
We bought a new house.
401k looking good.
We were finally able to get married.

Why wouldn't want four more good years?
You really believe Obama is a great president?

Old 10-11-2016, 08:33 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,832,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Obama's 8 years have been fantastic for me and my family.
401k doing fantastic after a massive depression in 2009.
Have not been laid off in 8 years.
Peace in the country.
New houses, new cars, ... etc.

Let's be honest. Look at the disarray in the Republican Party ... How can these people lead our country with so much hate among each other? Watching how the Republicans are talking about each other is seriously depressing.

Obama has been the bigger man, despite all the obstruction ...despite trying to call him "Kenyan" and Un-American.
The Democratic party is willing to lead, and compromise, do what's right for the country and move the country forward.

We need a functioning Republican party. But at this time, Obama and the democrats are simply the adults in the room.
Are you forgetting the debt and the division in our country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections