Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a sociopath?
Yes 66 66.00%
No 34 34.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:48 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,683,628 times

Advertisements

Sociopaths are chronically dishonest and lack empathy, even for family members. I don't think Donald Trump fits that mold. He does certainly fit many of the listed traits, but then again many traits and symptoms of different personality disorders or diseases.

Trump at least does have love for his I mediate family. My hunch is he is more of a megalomaniac or narcissist rather than a sociopath. Plus sociopaths lead mostly parasitic lifestyles, constantly changing jobs, borrowing money, using friends and family, constantly trying moving around, having no career plans, never committing to any plans.

Trump managed to build an empire and was dedicated to his career, so he does not fit.

Hillary Clinton is not a sociopath either, having committed a transgression does not make a person a sociopath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 08:48 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,380,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Common features of a sociopath:

Profile of the Sociopath
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Here are some additional traits (other related qualities of a sociopath). From the same site. Its pretty eerie:

Other Related Qualities:

-Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
-Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
-Authoritarian
-Secretive
-Paranoid
-Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
-Conventional appearance
-Incapable of real human attachment to another
-Unable to feel remorse or guilt
-Extreme narcissism and grandiose
-May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)
Yes.

You had me at "is".

Old 10-22-2016, 08:54 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,636,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't vote on stupid polls.
Awww.... if it was a poll about whether Hillary was possessed by demons, I bet you'd vote! Wouldn't you? Come on, admit it...

Old 10-22-2016, 09:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,476,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Sociopaths are chronically dishonest and lack empathy, even for family members. I don't think Donald Trump fits that mold. He does certainly fit many of the listed traits, but then again many traits and symptoms of different personality disorders or diseases.

Trump at least does have love for his I mediate family. My hunch is he is more of a megalomaniac or narcissist rather than a sociopath. Plus sociopaths lead mostly parasitic lifestyles, constantly changing jobs, borrowing money, using friends and family, constantly trying moving around, having no career plans, never committing to any plans.

Trump managed to build an empire and was dedicated to his career, so he does not fit.

Hillary Clinton is not a sociopath either, having committed a transgression does not make a person a sociopath.
Wait, what?! He's ALL of that and more:

Borrow money?! = WT???
Never committing to any plans = flip flop (see this election cycle)
Constantly moving around / constantly changing jobs = trump steaks, wine, water, etc. plus, hotel here, there and everywhere, and best of all THREE WIVES and many, many other women, or so he says/they say. It was a battlefield, believe me...
Having no career plans = he just walked into his father's, so...yeah, NO!

Oops! Forgot to address this:

Chronically dishonest = Again, see this election cycle, there's not enough space or time
Lack empathy even for family members = ask his brother about the insurance policy ...

He meets the criteria...

Old 10-22-2016, 09:06 PM

549 posts, read 292,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post

Trump at least does have love for his I mediate family.
My hunch is he is more of a megalomaniac or narcissist rather than a sociopath. Plus sociopaths lead mostly parasitic lifestyles, constantly changing jobs, borrowing money, using friends and family, constantly trying moving around, having no career plans, never committing to any plans.

He seems estranged from Tiffany trump, and he didn't seem to have much love for his brother or nephew:

SHOCK. Donald Trump Had Brother's Children Cut Out His Father's Will; Reneged On Promised Medical Help Of Child | RedState

Trump is a sociopath. He lies glibly & recklessly. That's one of the key traits. The lie is just a tool for him... nothing taboo about it, and since he has no respect for the people he lies to, he's not all that worried about the consequences of getting caught. They're nobodies. Just pawns in his game.

That's why he lies right on camera, then has the balls to simply declare "I never said that." Zero respect for his audience ... pure sociopath.

Regarding the part about moving around, borrowing money -- trump just happens to be a sociopath born into money. ... So he never had to take to the drifter, unreliable, bridge-burner lifestyle. Not being able to keep a life together is a consequence of sociopathy -- not a prerequisite. Trump was born with enough money to make that consequence moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections