Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 03:38 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,908,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Nobody cares about the establishment. How many times do we have to tell you this?
Obviously Trump cares. He picked an establishment Republican for VP in Mike Pence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 03:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
In my opinion, Republican voters who are planning on staying home on November 8th will only be helping Clinton get elected. I'm not a big fan of Trump but I'll vote for him to keep Clinton out of the White House. Yes, Trump has a few flaws, but in comparison to his opponent, he's a Sunday school teacher.

A lot of people can't seem to realize that an 11-year old audio clip that showed up all of the sudden just a month before election day is just another ploy by the Democrats to turn voters away from Trump and divide the Republican party, and such tactics happen in both parties, and when Republicans turn away from Trump, they're doing exactly what the Democrats want them to do.
As a registered Democrat I can assure you that the "Pussghazi" tape has nothing to do with how I will vote. I was against Trump in 2015, against him in early 2016, against him now.

Trump has "a few flaws" you say ??? Trump doesn't have a few flaws ... he is a walking TRAIN WRECK .

In over 40 years of voting in presidential elections I have never seen a campaign like this: an unqualified man who never held any kind of public office nor at least served honorably in the military, someone who has a court date before a Federal judge before this year is over, a candidate whose own political party has put a sudden stop to funding and elected members of his own party are refusing to endorse him, a candidate who has not even earned a single endorsement from any major newspaper in the country.

This election is WEIRD. However, I confess it is entertaining!

Old 10-12-2016, 03:44 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The GOP is amidst a civil war right now. Every major conservative newspaper has come out and support Clinton. Republican officials are either denouncing Trump or won't defend him. And yet, somehow, Trump is suppose to unite the country all the while the Republican party is split like never before?
Oh cool a cliche. Policies that work unite people.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:53 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,908,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
Tell me when Trump talked about uniting the country. He didn't.
You're correct. Trump is a con artist who only cares about inflating his own ego.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:30 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,073,379 times
Yep. Fourth estate is now the Filth estate. The fifth estate is often shouted down, denigrated, denied, unless it is progressive. Then it lifted up as a paramour of wisdom. There is currently not much of a sixth estate movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And in studying government systems and civilizations over the centuries they understood that the source of information MUST be geared toward being a watchdog over those in power, not a political arm of those in power.

When the media becomes a political arm and will not hold those in power accountable it is a "very" dangerous time for the people.

The problem is that people didn't learn the history of nations of brutal regimes and how they came into power. And because they are ignorant of history, they don't understand you don't need a military take over when you have a media willing to do their bidding. At first the power will do things people like but give anyone too much power they will abuse it.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:34 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,073,379 times
Can't rep you at the moment. That is the big blind spot for many against Trump. They do not realize, This is an election between the people and the status quo.

I remember the many Democrat comments against McCain in 2007 who insisted they were voting against a statist and the status quo. How quickly they forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You don't get it obviously.

The people voted Obama in... remember "HOPE & CHANGE"?.. and nothing changed. This gave birth the the tea party and still nothing changed. Bernie Sanders and Trump rose both of these candidates representing the people.

Trump is the only one left standing against the status quo, do nothing estabilshment and by fighting he is showing he is not just another politician he's fighting for that change you hoped Obama would accomplish.

This is an election between the people and the status quo.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:30 PM

285 posts, read 198,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You're correct. Trump is a con artist who only cares about inflating his own ego.
Typical lib move #1. Quote one line of a paragraph so you can take it out of context to "prove your point".

Typical lib move #2. Make accusation and insult but have zero points to make.

Typical lib move #3. State opinion as a fact.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:38 PM

88,654 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She has already done what I fear. I fear more useless unjustified wars killing hundreds of thousands more innocent individuals and she has already taken us there.

I fear an ever growing banking industry and she has shown she is willing and will continue to take us in that direction.

"What we fear from Trump, we have already seen in Clinton".

Jill Stein.

We have better choices.
But how do you blame Hillary Clinton for the wars? That's ALL of them, regardless of party.

January 16, 1991. I'd just discovered I was pregnant, and there we sat watching TV seeing the US bombing Iraq and I'm wondering what kind of world I was bringing this child into. We haven't really stopped for long since then, and it's been the work of both parties.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
These are all reasonable points of discussion. I'm no tax-expert, but from what I've been able to glean, neither Trump nor Clinton offer a tax-package that’s particularly favorable to the upper middle class. Indeed, it could be argued that it is precisely the upper middle class that's been the pawn and punching-bag (choose your favorite metaphor) in the much-ballyhooed class warfare. The real upper class (by whatever definition) doesn't want these upper-middle-class interlopers yapping at their heels, while the working class resents being outstripped by the nerds who got stuffed into locker-rooms in high-school, who went on to get engineering PhDs.

But the real question that we're debating isn't tax-policy. It's whether the middle class has suffered or gained, and the extent to which politicians – any politicians – have much influence on this. By my reckoning, the middle class, or at least the upper middle class, has indeed done well. It's entirely possible that the next administration will levy stupid and draconian taxes; I don't know. But that's not what this election is about. This election is about whether "the middle class" is really hurting – meaning, that some radical innovation or policy-reversal is needed – or on the contrary, whether the middle class is doing just fine.
Excellent post, it's nice when someone actually understands what is really going on.

Hillary wants to increase SS taxes and that will hit people not just the 1% of income earners, she will hurt the top 8% of income earners and small business. The top %'s of income earners are the targets for fleecing. At first it's the 1% and with Hillary it will be the top 10% so instead of spending I hoarded and invested.

Some radical policy reversal? Yes, there is as a matter of fact.... let people keep more of their money i.e... reduce taxes.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But how do you blame Hillary Clinton for the wars? That's ALL of them, regardless of party.
It's well documented that she argued to get us involved in Libya and Syria. No, Obama the war monger didn't have to but Hillary did push for it. Screwed it up also.

Quote:
January 16, 1991. I'd just discovered I was pregnant, and there we sat watching TV seeing the US bombing Iraq and I'm wondering what kind of world I was bringing this child into. We haven't really stopped for long since then, and it's been the work of both parties.
Bush, Cheney, Obama, Hillary and a host of others all deserve to burn in Hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections