Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,558,664 times

Advertisements

My god, you people are unhinged. Seriously. Do you not see how this type of rhetoric is common, historically, to the mob mentality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times
While Donald Trump’s budding bromance with Vladimir Putin is well known — the two men have called for improved relations between Washington and Moscow — Putin’s hostility towards Clinton draws less attention.

Why Putin hates Hillary - POLITICO

Old 10-12-2016, 06:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times
This election's getting more and batcrap crazy every day. Yowza!

Old 10-12-2016, 06:20 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,868,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I've made no secret that I think Trump is a joke of a candidate and ridiculously unqualified to be POTUS.
I've also said that while I don't care for Hillary, I would vote for her as the lesser of two evils.

Hillary is starting to scare me with her hard line towards Russia!
With this train wreck of a presidential campaign, I've not noticed how much our relationship with Russia has deteriorated to where some say it's even worse than a new cold war and we are very close to a possible conflict. I blame the media for this as well for being so fixated on every damn thing Trump says or does that we don't get much reporting about this.

I really noticed her going after Russia in the last debate. She's known to be a hawk. I worry that if she gets in, she would spark a war with Russia. Trump is actually giving them the benefit of the doubt but then Trump would only be emotionally invested when someone insults him and so far, Russia hasn't, so that isn't really saying much.

I rcroy thought Hillary was the safe, sane choice here and now I'm beginning to wonder.
I hope I am wrong about her but I wish she'd tone it down, calm things down and try to make peace instead of escalating it.

Someone doesn't know who the real hawk is.

As much as I can't stand Hillary "then we should bomb them the hell away" Clinton, one thing I have ZERO concern about is her willingness to use military force, if necessary.

Which, given the current state of the race, is a good thing.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:21 PM

Why would Putin even want to influence the US presidential election? There are several reasons Russia might want stir up trouble in an already contentious campaign.

Putin thinks the US already did it to him first
As far as Putin and his inner circle are concerned, it was the United States that moved first to meddle in Russian politics when Putin decided to return for a third term. In 2011-’12, Russian demonstrators took to the streets to protest electoral violations in the parliamentary elections

Putin thinks and acts like a KGB operative
Putin also knows how to play the media. Russia already has a long tradition of propaganda and information warfare, but Putin is a master manipulator. Early in his presidency, Putin described the press as an instrument that he would deploy in the service of the state just like the Hillary operatives.

Does not fear weak leaders
There is much speculation that Putin may see Donald Trump as someone he can do business with, and that he has a grudge against Hillary Clinton. Trump’s praise of Putin as a “strong leader” is a notable break with the general trend of US politicians and opinion leaders castigating Putin and criticizing Russia, and Putin has made seemingly complimentary comments about Trump in return.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:22 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,921,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Nothing can top Trump's sociopathic behavior. He is so vindictive and thin skinned, anything can unleash his desire to use nukes.

We must keep him off the ability to use nukes at all costs. We can only imagine what disasters could happen if he is insulted and nukes are on the table.

Most people want peace and do not want to suffer a nuclear Holocaust because of Trump's hurt feelings.
With Trump, we have a 50/50 chance. With hillary, we have absolutely no chance.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:22 PM

11,380 posts, read 16,760,650 times
You do realize that no one person can push the button?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

Old 10-12-2016, 06:24 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,374,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This is ridiculous spin. Clinton is not interested in attacking Russia. Take a Xanax.
https://www.thenation.com/article/wa...war-in-moscow/

Old 10-12-2016, 06:24 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,921,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Hillary is a known quantity, very similar to Obama. Trump supported both the Iraq war and the Libya war, its on record, no matter how many times Trump wants to deny it (typical sociopathic behavior to deny reality even when presented with it). We know for a fact that Trump's mentality is the mentality of a pure sociopath. He's lashing out and trash talking anyone who even question anything he says.

Its bad enough that he wants to eliminate all restrictions on bribe money in politics by nominating clones of Justice Scalia to the supreme court. This will usher in 30 years of politics where the people would have essentially no say and the ultra rich donor class will ram policy down our throats whether we like it or not.

But even worse is his sociopathy. Thats the really scary part. We do not want to risk our lives for Trump's hurt feelings.
Give it up, it has been proven over and over again Don was against the Iraq war. Just stop with your lies... None of what you state as facts are true. You are a gullible sucker

Old 10-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Putin is expected to run for a fourth term. The Kremlin does not want a repeat of the protests of 2011-’12, and certainly no pronouncements from the US about whether the elections are free and fair or whether Putin has a genuine popular mandate for his next presidency.

Against this backdrop, the information from the DNC files underscores for the Russian public, and the outside world, that US party politics is just as dirty as in Russia or anywhere else.

Irrespective of whether Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton is elected, from Moscow’s perspective, at the end of this ruinous political campaign, the new US president will look as wounded as Putin did when he took office again in 2012.

putin-elections-dnc-hack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections