Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 05:29 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,404,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Nope, they're voting for what they perceive is a ban on brown people, nothing more.

They want this so bad, they're willing to vote for a human punchline like Donald Trump to get it.
Simply not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 06:55 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,709,432 times
Does the trump page administrator go through and scrub the bad comments? Betcha!

Old 10-13-2016, 06:57 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,709,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryParks View Post
What kind of grown man supports Hillary Clinton?
As opposed to "what kind of grown man supports trump?"?

Old 10-13-2016, 06:58 AM

39,884 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Nope, they're voting for what they perceive is a ban on brown people, nothing more.

They want this so bad, they're willing to vote for a human punchline like Donald Trump to get it.
You're really not THAT dumb, are you?

Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,134,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Also, most of the Bernie supporters now support Jill Stein.
If that were true, she'd be polling at more than 4%. Think about it. Moreover, every poll on this topic that I have seen has at least 70% of former Bernie supporters voting for Hillary. Some were into the 80's.

It's dangerous to look at FB page to draw any conclusions about level of support. . . . . apparently, "all positive" comments on the Trump page do not translate anywhere close in polling since Hillary is crushing Trump in every existing professional scientific poll.

Mick

Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 AM

107 posts, read 180,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryParks View Post
What kind of grown man supports Hillary Clinton?
Men who respect women.

Men who wouldn't tolerate a Presidential candidate behaving like a 10-year old. A few examples of the ways Trump behaves like a 10-year old: 99% of his tweets sound like they're written by a 10-year old; boasting about the unthinkable with Billy Bush; actually doing those things he bragged about; interrupting countless times during both debates -- "Wrong.. Wrong.. That makes me smart"; walking around in circles during the 2nd debate and stalking Clinton's space. If I saw a 70 year old man doing that at a bus stop, behaving creepily and walking around in circles like that, I'd assume he was coked up. Everything he's said and done over the past year and a half would make any grown man concerned.

If he was applying for a position as a Sunday school teacher or a pastor, it would make sense to me why people would accept him.. From my standpoint, he exemplifies the bizarre and suspicious behavior I've come to expect of many pastors as I grew up in a very conservative evangelical family and visited many churches. But this dude's running for the highest office in the world. Is he really the role model your kids want to look up to for the next 4 years as the President of the United States? Any self respecting grown man who has any ounce of dignity would never support a con like Trump.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:33 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,516,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Interesting, I think I will..but who's page should I visit first? Probably commie Bernie to see how many of his "basment dweller" supporters will NOT be voting for Hitlery...
While I don't mind the thought of that. Honestly I think enough Bernie supporters will vote for her to put her over. If fact quote me at 60% to 70% of them will vote for her. You can flog me later if I'm wrong. Really could careless.

I've already explained Ad nauseam why the will already.

P.S. Bernie supporters aren't all millennial "basement dwellers".

Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,722,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
While I don't mind the thought of that. Honestly I think enough Bernie supporters will vote for her to put her over. If fact quote me at 60% to 70% of them will vote for her. You can flog me later if I'm wrong. Really could careless.

I've already explained Ad nauseam why the will already.

P.S. Bernie supporters aren't all millennial "basement dwellers".
Darth Maul/Ashoka Tani always a third option

Old 10-13-2016, 09:23 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,516,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Darth Maul/Ashoka Tani always a third option
Ashoka...no. Granted I really haven't watched rebels all that much....I don't see Ashoka ever reaching or ever wanting to reach the level needed with in politics to achieve the goal of being president/Supreme Chancellor. Honestly not many Jedi would probably make good/effective political leaders in general. At least from my point of you most of them want to be teachers, scholars, or warriors. I mean Kenobi could possibly be a canidate Since he is the "negotiator". But I don't think he would enjoy being stuck in Congress and or the White House. Some others maybe you could consider from the Jedi order. Maybe dooku (before he fell to the Darkside), Thome, and Valenthyne Farfalla. other than that off the top of my head I can't think of anybody from the order that would thrive in the position of president or even as a representative or senator.

As to maul. It's a little confusing to me. I really took his attempt to grab for power in the clone wars As more as creating a criminal syndicate as opposed to raising a actually political rival to both the Republic and trade Federation. Maybe eventually he would've created a real political dynamo on Mandalore. But sidious cut maul reign short. So will never really know how good of a political leader he could have been.

Honestly though with dark Vader....joking aside about the election....which deserves to be mocked......Vader would've made a terrible president. he might've passed as a despot dictator. But even still.....he only a warrior at heart. It has very little in the way of wide scoping politics. I mean really....even Sidious as a ruler after the "grand plan" was executed. Was not much of a ruler as emperor. He basically worked on becoming more powerful in the force and pretty much nothing else. A lot of the ruling came from Mas Amedda, Wilhuff Tarkin and the other Moffs. So perhaps Tarkin signs should be placed in yards instead of Vader ones. But let face Vader icon and Tarkin.....not so much. Oh and just throw it out there...darth plagueis "the wise" would've made a much better Emperor than Palpatine.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 AM

22,488 posts, read 12,039,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Does the trump page administrator go through and scrub the bad comments? Betcha!
Good thing you didn't bet actual money or you would have lost. All you had to do is take the time to look through the comments. You would have seen that he does have his detractors. However, the numbers are much, much smaller than Hillary's FB page detractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections