Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 09:52 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,849 times

Advertisements

Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:55 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,393,913 times
It's been going on for far too long. Have we really learned anything new since Trump declared? My only consolation is that no matter who is in the White House, my daily life won't change. This is all entertainment, like watching sports. Somebody wins, somebody loses then everybody goes home.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,468,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Why is ticking people off a good thing? A better strategy is the old Roosevelt approach; walk softly and carry a big stick. If you are a Conservative, you might hearken back to the Reagan days. The guy was waaaay off to the Right and the ultimate Hawk, but his soft manner of spinning his trickle down fairy tale got him elected for two terms. So I don't understand why you'd want a rabble rouser like Trump.
I'm an anarchist. Apolitical. Don't vote.

That explains my madness.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 AM
mlb

4,964 posts, read 4,476,923 times
It is over for me. I just voted by mail.

Hallelujah!

Old 10-13-2016, 12:19 PM

776 posts, read 585,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
The word circus comes to mind. I'm well ready to be done with it. I will go and vote for the person I think will be less harmful to the country and the issues that concern me, but what does that say about the whole mess, voting for the least damaging candidate as there is no good option...
I understand what you are getting at, but I won't insult circus entertainers by calling them politicians. That and the circus is much more affordable than the elections.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:29 PM

8,765 posts, read 11,177,048 times
Does it matter? Whoever wins, one side....Hillary fans or Donald fans will be whining for the next 4 years.

One thing I can say for sure, if Donald wins..... SNL, Fallon, etc will have a lot of skits

Old 10-13-2016, 12:35 PM

776 posts, read 585,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not sure how old you are and I am not asking. But, for better or worse I am old enough to remember when the election process was a lot more reasonable, even fun in some cases. Sure there was nastiness during some campaigns, but overall nothing like we see today. The national conversation has descended into childish mudslinging as you say, which to be fair matches the level of integrity and critical thinking skills of the American electorate. What can you expect when you have a populace that is largely devoid of any notion of civic responsibility, that spends their days and nights self-absorbed with electronic devices, continuously eroding their ability to discern between propaganda and fact? As unpalatable as it seems we have to keep participating, because to "drop out" of the process will surely lead to a far worse situation than mere mudlinging.
I understand and agree. I remember election years when the canidates would actually answer the questions they were asked and not just give the same answers for every question. So I don't want to "drop out", I really just don't see the point of having more than one debate if this is the future of politics. Also, I though our electronic devices would actually make our democratic system stronger and more efficient, but with all the false websites spring up, I realized I was dead wrong.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,526,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
so many people pushing their political views on me.
It's not just election years, although more seemingly normal people do start to act like crazy people during one.

All you have to do is look at the thread starters in this forum and the POC and you get to know the kind of people who stay in there 24/7.

And it won't stop after the election; the same types will be here long afterwards either gloating or crying over their candidates and their parties.

It's actually kind of sad if you consider the time wasted on arguing, when people could be outside enjoying the weather or inside enjoying a cold one.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 382 times
I am sick to death of the whole mess. After Bernie Sanders lost, the whole election and debates went down the drain. I'm still not sure who I will vote for. Right now I just don't care which candidate wins. They are both terrible. How the American people ended up with these two is beyond me. It is the first time in my life where I did not like either candidate.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:31 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,747,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
......I know being in the election section this will get some negative feed back. I was just wandering how many people out there hate election years?
......Every four years it seems like the same things are being said so I don't get that excited. Hillary is going to change America, Trump is going to change America; it all sounds like the last four years and the previous, etc., etc.... The annoying part is I have so many people pushing their political views on me. I really don't think I'm alone. The political section have somehow spilled over into other sections that it clearly doesn't belong in.
......Further more the debates and political commercials, which all sound the same. Not to mention are just lying, mud slinging, examples of how or morals in this country are going out the window. Are cutting into my favorite shows, which IMO, are more witty and educational than the debates. I am young, but I remember past election debates where they focused a little more on the work and ideas of the people than the people's lives. Not only that, but they had some respectable boundaries. It also seems like it starts earlier and earlier every year. Making it that much harder to bare.
......I'm not trying to say lets not have an election every four years and do away with the democratic process. I'm just saying I really hate election years. They do a good job of p***ing in my Cheerios.
I'm in no rush to elect a candidate, however long it takes to make sure we have the right person, i'm for that approach. if this election got postponed till next year, i'd be fine with that, it will give the public more time to figure out what's really going on, they're just getting a first glimpse of all this dirt and corruption, they can't believe their eyes and ears, we need more time for this to sink in.

If Trump loses, hopefully he's on twitter day and night 'commenting' on the presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections