Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 06:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,296,648 times

Advertisements

The future of course. That is why Trump should not be allowed anywhere near the nukes, or a twitter feed, or any international diplomats' wives, or a budget to bankrupt, or the Mideast....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:55 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,211,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The future of course. That is why Trump should not be allowed anywhere near the nukes, or a twitter feed, or any international diplomats' wives, or a budget to bankrupt, or the Mideast....
That's why he wants peace and Hillary wants war.

Okay, if you say so.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,261,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post

I'll address the first one though and if it's the "6" number: When one invests in a business it's called a "business venture" meaning no guarantee on a positive $ return. Now Mr. Trump has invested in very many "outlets" so it means his success percentage is very high. The high success percentage is something most business people wish they could have guaranteed for themselves.

The rest
People who have had actual business success and know what they are talking about like Warren Buffet and Mark Cuban disagree with you that Trump's business success percentage is very high. He's had far more failures than normal particularly for someone who claims to be a business genius. His "genius" such as it is lies in marketing his name and his persona, not from actual deals like the brand new Washington DC hotel that is already losing money hand over fist.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:07 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,722,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, so yes, it matters.
Unless you make the case that Trump has no 'past performances' to go on as an elected official. You also don't know how a person will react once they morph from a businessman to president while bypassing being a senator or some other elected official. Past behavior can be used to predict future behavior, but only if you're really good at taking things from the past and interpreting them correctly.

Also, in this election, Hillary has much more past behavior and past performances to use, if you were making a prediction model, it would be easier to make a Hillary model since she's had plenty of years as an actual politician. I don't know if her past behavior and political past performances would suggest she will be a 'winner' as a President, only model makers would know that.

Lastly, since there are only 2 candidates and we are comparing them to each other, any model that was trying to predict Trump's behavior where it compared him to a 'mythical perfect ideal of a president' would make Trump not look so great, he wouldn't necessarily look bad, but if you're comparing him to an unattainable standard, he's going to fall short. Now, if you're just comparing him to HER, the prediction business gets a little tricky, you can say he's talked naughty about women or called them miss piggy, but how do you compare that to, i don't know, lets say laughing about a child being raped? Which holds more weight? Sure, neither is 'presidential' but then we're not shooting for presidential here, all you have to do is beat the other candidate, you don't have to beat the 'ideal' of what presidential should mean.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:08 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,656,476 times
America's future. That is why I've decided to vote for Hillary even though I have a lot of problems with her. But the fact that Putin, who longs for the good old days of the Cold War, prefers Trump tells me all I need to know.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:10 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,987,172 times
Trump's past. The future is unpredictable.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:17 PM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, so yes, it matters.
But the RW hypocrites will tell you only Donny's past doesn't matter while Hillary's spouse's past means everything.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,239,243 times
Quote:
That's why he wants peace and Hillary wants war.

Okay, if you say so.
You must have missed him saying that he would blow Iranian ships out of the water for making gestures.
Or when he said I love war, or when he said he would "bomb the **** out of them"?

Sounds peaceful to me.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:26 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,238,545 times
Quote:

I'll address the first one though and if it's the "6" number: When one invests in a business it's called a "business venture" meaning no guarantee on a positive $ return. Now Mr. Trump has invested in very many "outlets" so it means his success percentage is very high. The high success percentage is something most business people wish they could have guaranteed for themselves.

The rest
Really nice to claim bankruptcy when you steal from you sub contractors, your employees. He is typical of GOP failed business owners who run for office so as to work for the Govt. Nutty Don is being kept afloat by the campaign contributions he is able to bill from all his failing business.

Nutty Don owes so much money to Russian Banks he is afraid to show his tax returns.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:34 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,023,608 times
Quote:

The rest
"Bloomberg puts Trump’s current net worth at $2.9 billion, Forbes at $4.1 billion. The National Journal has worked out that if Trump had just put his father’s money in a mutual fund that tracked the S&P 500 and spent his career finger-painting, he’d have $8 billion."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections