Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:13 PM

405 posts, read 325,068 times

Advertisements

It seems a lot of people don't agree with talking about their past relationships or sexual history. But what if they happened to cheat in the past a few times or something of that nature. Isn't it fair to know about their past instead of just saying it doesn't matter & none of your business. I mean who would want to marry someone that cheated a bunch of times on their previous partner/partners? That would tell me that they would have a very high chance of doing it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 06:16 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
People can change but not usually on that subject.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:21 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Yes and no.

The past does matter to a certain extent, but it needs to be taken in context of who the person is now.

Do I know how many sexual partners my husband had in the past? No, because to me it doesn't matter. Do I know whether he has been faithful? Yes, and that would have mattered to me. Any explanation for that probably wouldn't hold water for me.

I was a party girl growing up. Did that matter to my husband? No, because it is not who I am now and wouldn't affect our marriage.

Things depend on who long ago it was also.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-23-2015, 06:30 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Most, if not all cheaters, will NOT openly admit to their infidelities, or reveal other sexual skeletons in the closet.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 09-23-2015 at 06:39 PM..

Old 09-23-2015, 06:32 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Most, if not all cheaters will openly admit to their infidelities , or reveal other sexual skeletons in the closet.
True. But couples usually start talking about their past, just in conversation..... I would like to say you get an idea, but everyone can be fooled.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-23-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Most, if not all cheaters, will openly admit to their infidelities, or reveal other sexual skeletons in the closet.
Honestly, I highly doubt that. Some who cheated would probably say they cheated only once if they really did it more than once. Since most cheaters cheat more than once. If they do it once, they definitely are capable of doing it again & likely do. And no guy is going to admit he went to a bar every weekend in his college years/20s & had sex with a different woman each time. Or if a woman has had a lot of sexual partners & done some really kinky stuff, some lie or get offended if asked.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Honestly, I highly doubt that. Some who cheated would probably say they cheated only once if they really did it more than once. Since most cheaters cheat more than once. If they do it once, they definitely are capable of doing it again & likely do. And no guy is going to admit he went to a bar every weekend in his college years/20s & had sex with a different woman each time. Or if a woman has had a lot of sexual partners & done some really kinky stuff, some lie or get offended if asked.
Ops....what I meant was that cheaters "would not" openly admit.....

Old 09-23-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Ops....what I meant was that cheaters "would not" openly admit.....
lol makes more sense. That's the problem though & it's scary that most would lie but I guess they know no one would want them if they did unless it's with another cheater. But I'm sure as you're with them for awhile more & more things would come out as in to what type of person they really are.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:51 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
It seems a lot of people don't agree with talking about their past relationships or sexual history. But what if they happened to cheat in the past a few times or something of that nature. Isn't it fair to know about their past instead of just saying it doesn't matter & none of your business. I mean who would want to marry someone that cheated a bunch of times on their previous partner/partners? That would tell me that they would have a very high chance of doing it again.
People spin the past to what they think others want to hear.

Ongoing, current behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
lol makes more sense. That's the problem though & it's scary that most would lie but I guess they know no one would want them if they did unless it's with another cheater. But I'm sure as you're with them for awhile more & more things would come out as in to what type of person they really are.
Unfortunately, its not till after you've gotten to know that person better do you see their true colors

And in most cases, by then, its too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships