Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 01:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Trump is an admitted sexual predator, how can anyone with a sister, mother or daughter vote for him.
where in the heck did you get the idea he is an admitted sexual predator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 01:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So you concede that she didn't intend to mishandle information. She had no criminal intent?
I didn't concede anything. She did have the intent. How could she not have the intent? She was told multiple times not to do it and she did it anyway.

I don't believe we need intent either unless someone could cite me a case.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I didn't concede anything. She did have the intent. How could she not have the intent? She was told multiple times not to do it and she did it anyway.

I don't believe we need intent either unless someone could cite me a case.
Oh, please. She intended to use her own server. She didn't intend to compromise national security.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:04 PM

4,259 posts, read 3,182,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Whitewater was a failed real estate development deal. The Clintons were thoroughly investigated and Starr couldn't find any evidence of wrongdoing. Hillary's trades on the futures market were guided by an expert, and she herself found it to be a harrowing experience, and has never been back.

The list of faux scandals may be endless, but the endless investigations still haven't turned up anything.

Are you saying the Republican-led (and taxpayer funded) investigations have been incompetent?

Let's get real! There is NO expert in the futures market that takes $1000 and turns it into $100,000. If you believe this I have this bridge for sale!

As far as Whitewater goes,

In 1996, after months of work, Comey came to some damning conclusions: Hillary Clinton was personally involved in mishandling documents and had ordered others to block investigators as they pursued their case. Worse, her behavior fit into a pattern of concealment: she and her husband had tried to hide their roles in two other matters under investigation by law enforcement.
Taken together, the interference by White House officials, which included destruction of documents, amounted to “far more than just aggressive lawyering or political naiveté,” Comey and his fellow investigators concluded. It constituted “a highly improper pattern of deliberate misconduct.”

Yeah, she did nothing wrong! She escaped jail but others did not!

Old 10-18-2016, 02:09 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That's true. Using FBI to prove a point is meaningless because they can arbitrarily choose to charge or not to charge.
Your response seems... illogical: "arbitrarily" is a pretty strong accusation. You seem to feel that the FBI just makes decisions will-nilly, with no regard to due process, rule or law, or any other regard. Just because it can? Bummer, if you ever get caught in the FBI's cross-hairs, then, you might end up as someone the FBI decides to 'arbitrarily' indict just because it can.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:10 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
HOw can trump be in court battles for all the illegal things he's done and still be in this election? Baffling, isn't it!
Because people file frivolous lawsuits against rich people, i'm pretty sure he would be in jail if he broke the law in any way.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:11 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Let's get real! There is NO expert in the futures market that takes $1000 and turns it into $100,000. If you believe this I have this bridge for sale!

In 1996, after months of work, Comey came to some damning conclusions: Hillary Clinton was personally involved in mishandling documents and had ordered others to block investigators as they pursued their case. Worse, her behavior fit into a pattern of concealment: she and her husband had tried to hide their roles in two other matters under investigation by law enforcement.
Taken together, the interference by White House officials, which included destruction of documents, amounted to “far more than just aggressive lawyering or political naiveté,” Comey and his fellow investigators concluded. It constituted “a highly improper pattern of deliberate misconduct.”

Got the link to the entire document you quoted?

Old 10-18-2016, 02:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:

There re experts in the futures market that can see an opportunity to make a quick buck. And that's what happened.

As far as Whitewater, it was a failed real estate development deal. Period.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:24 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Top Secret info stored where it did not belong and destroying supeaoned material after it was supeaoned for just a few things.
, as well as perjuring herself before Congress.

These are indisputable items.
The head of the FBI determined were was no ill intent, therefore decided not to persecute. You may not like it but it is what it is.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:27 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,851,318 times
Quote:
You guys sure get off topic quickly! Hillary has been embroiled in scandals for the last 30 years. For someone to say she has never done anything illegal is just absurd! Explain to me how someone "legally" turns $1000 into $100,000 in the futures market? The calculated odds against this are staggering! Does anyone really thing Whitewater was on the up and up...people did go to jail? Travelgate? Filegate? The recent email scandal (more info to come from Wiki). The list is damn near endless. I suppose you could give her credit for her ability to escape jail. She makes "slick willy" look like an amatuer!

PS: I have no use for Trump!
Have you ever traded futures? They are very volatile. She had some pretty severe losses during her trading. The fact that she came out ahead after of the ups and downs is pure luck.

There were multiple Congressional hearings, chaired by Republicans, about Whitewater. There was a special prosecutor appointed to investigate Whitewater. After all those investigations, the Clintons were never charged for their dealings involving Whitewater.

Where the Clinton's charged with a crime for Filegate or Travelgate? Just because you add the suffix gate to a word doesn't mean that something illegal occurred.

Yes, during the investigations other crimes not committed by the Clintons were discovered, including the Hubbell having ripped off the partners in the Rose Law firm; one of whom was Hillary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections