Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 10:03 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,117,029 times

Advertisements

Hillary said that America is a nation of immigrants. When in fact America is a nation of Americans. How many immigrants is Hillary expecting to follow freely across the free border?

If we took in 5x the number of immigrants each year to5 million, there still are 80 million new immigrants being born each year. America will never solve world poverty by taking in immigrants; illegally or legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 10:19 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,422,716 times
How many generations of Americans born in America does it take before one stops being an "immigrant"? My ancestors have been here since the 1600's and Native Americans have been here for 20,000 years.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,968,290 times
So Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley aren't real Americans?

Old 10-19-2016, 10:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,975,596 times
Liberals want open borders and the destruction of America as we know it. They hate people who disagree with them. Just read this forum.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:45 PM

3,339 posts, read 1,971,433 times
A nation of immigrants yes but that was then and this is now. Where has this pathetic delusional Clinton been?

Oh wait, that's right. She's been in politics for the last 30+ years.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:52 PM

15,880 posts, read 14,526,814 times
Both of my parents were immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
How many generations of Americans born in America does it take before one stops being an "immigrant"? My ancestors have been here since the 1600's and Native Americans have been here for 20,000 years.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:00 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,434,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Both of my parents were immigrants.
So were mine- 190 and 120 years ago, respectively on both sides.
Every person who's not a continental native is a child of immigrants. How long our ancestors have lived here is only a matter of blind chance that none of us had anything to do with.

So 'time in' counts for nothing. What matters, and the only thing that matters, is we are American. Through our birth or by our conscious choice.

Personally, I admire the person who risked all to come here and take his chances in a new land that's largely unknown to him and little understood. And stays. And becomes a new citizen.

That takes a lot more gumption, courage, and guts than simply being born here does.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,764,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Every person who's not a continental native is a child of immigrants. How long our ancestors have lived here is only a matter of blind chance that none of us had anything to do with.

So 'time in' counts for nothing. What matters, and the only thing that matters, is we are American. Through our birth or by our conscious choice.

Personally, I admire the person who risked all to come here and take his chances in a new land that's largely unknown to him and little understood. And stays. And becomes a new citizen.

That takes a lot more gumption, courage, and guts than simply being born here does.
I'm sure the drug lords in Mexico is thanking you for your support right now. Mexican drug lords love doing business with America. Hillary will make business a huge boom for them.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:03 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,967,082 times
Quote:

So you're for open borders? Let anyone walk in and give America a whirl?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,975,596 times
Quote:

Well, my parents are immigrants. Not hundreds of years ago like yours, but in the 1950s. My parents followed the law to get here. People like you disgust me. You have zero appreciation for the rule of law or what it means to be an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections