Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 06:05 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,307,663 times

Advertisements

Several news stations tried very hard to send the message that by Trump using the word Hombre, several Mexicans were horrified by his derogatory use of the word and said, that many Mexicans were tweeting and horrified by the expression.

How deliberate, and how stupid do they think America is?

Hombre means MAN!!! Nothing More, nothing less!!!!

Matter of fact, there was a movie made Entitled Hombre, with Paul Newman?????

It is so obvious, what the media is trying to pull.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 06:20 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,164,069 times
The media, Clinton and her supporters are all making fools of themselves at this point. I guess if you can't win fairly.............

"It" (not to be offensive to Hillary by calling her "she") is the poorest excuse for a human being on the planet at this point.

I think most have seen and become concerned about the desperation from the Democratic party. Who wouldn't be desperate with all the dirty laundry they have?

Old 10-20-2016, 06:26 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,780,928 times
He used it as a derogatory term, when you say hombre you don't mean anything but the Hispanics and Latinos.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The media, Clinton and her supporters are all making fools of themselves at this point. I guess if you can't win fairly.............

"It" (not to be offensive to Hillary by calling her "she") is the poorest excuse for a human being on the planet at this point.

I think most have seen and become concerned about the desperation from the Democratic party. Who wouldn't be desperate with all the dirty laundry they have?
well, they're going to win, if they do what they did the last election, believe me.

There is voter fraud and it's big. Take a look at how many liberals are in power over states and communities.

and why in the world the last two elections was Florida unable to come up with an accurate total?

Old 10-20-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
He used it as a derogatory term, when you say hombre you don't mean anything but the Hispanics and Latinos.
He did not....there are Hispanics and Latinos, who use that word, Paul Newman made a movie called HOMBRE, I suppose that was derogatory as well...are you kidding me....??????

Old 10-20-2016, 06:50 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,588,316 times
I just had to laugh when looking at the media try to spin this into some horrible word/statement by Trump. When he mentioned it, he was speaking of drug cartels who bring drugs across our border and illegal immigrants from south of the border who come to this country ILLEGALLY and commit heinous crimes. Instead of saying "men" he used the latin translation of "hombre" which is man in spanish. Why such hysteria?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:23 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,380,898 times
Using the term hombre was a poor choice for the tone of the discussion.

I still shake my head when he refers to Black Americans as "The Blacks".

Old 10-20-2016, 07:35 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,502,751 times
Hombre means man in Spanish so to me when he was referring to the drug lords and the like from Mexico it did not come off as derogatory at all as much as fact. Of course I don't get PC and in a tiff over such words, that's something others can harp on. If it wanted to be newsworthy then it should have been him saying the derogatory "S" word or something similar.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:38 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,487,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Using the term hombre was a poor choice for the tone of the discussion.

I still shake my head when he refers to Black Americans as "The Blacks".
he's Archie Bunker personified.....word salad, circular reasoning, appeal to popularity/Argumentum ad populum and other obvious logical fallacies......all eaten up by the poorly educated.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:41 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,036,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Several news stations tried very hard to send the message that by Trump using the word Hombre, several Mexicans were horrified by his derogatory use of the word and said, that many Mexicans were tweeting and horrified by the expression.

How deliberate, and how stupid do they think America is?

Hombre means MAN!!! Nothing More, nothing less!!!!

Matter of fact, there was a movie made Entitled Hombre, with Paul Newman?????

It is so obvious, what the media is trying to pull.....
I actually missed his comment last night, but heard CBS blathering on and on about it. And they wonder why we and Trump know, without question, that the idiotic media is trying it's best to stack the deck against Trump.

This, my friends, is the media corruption of which we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections