Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 02:50 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,324,828 times

Advertisements

It's getting quite old listening to the Clinton supporters bashing Trump supporters for wanting to vote for someone they describe as a sociopath or bigot or woman hater, etc. It's equally tiring hearing Trump supporters calling Clinton supporters corrupt like the person they want to vote for, etc.

It's your right to vote for whomever you choose, and it really isn't right that you should be chastised for your decision. It's the fault of humans in general. It's the fault of the media. It's the fault of the candidates themselves. All fuel for hatred and divide.

Last edited by metalmancpa; 11-05-2016 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 02:56 PM

27,811 posts, read 16,324,812 times
It's also your right to be informed.. I would go a step further and call it a responsibility.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It's also your right to be informed.. I would go a step further and call it a responsibility.
I agree. Information to make an informed decision is very important especially when voting for a president. But blindly assuming someone is or isn't informed based on who they are voting for is just another example of the hate. It's the people's fault for having these two candidates as choices, and at this point there's nothing else we can do about it except to vote.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:11 PM

35,851 posts, read 21,265,020 times
I'm ok with an honest debate and fact search and find, the belittling and name calling, that started from the top contender, is what I think is 5th grade level and I do not think it's helpful in anyway.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,825,997 times
I know it may not seem like it but I get tired of this whole thing. Part of me wishes this election was over. As much as I bash Trump, it's not like I want to. Before he became a candidate I still didn't like him but I didn't feel the need to talk about him. I could just ignore him.
I wish he'd never ran so I could just ignore him because I'd rather focus on what I am interested in but when it's the face of America it's pretty difficult to ignore. Politics were always brutal but I don't remember it being this bad before. It just angers me because I know there are plenty of people in America who think like him and you can talk about his policies all day long but that's not the only reason. Maybe some of them are about his policies but as a very observant person, I know there are also many people out there who are bigots like he is and this election just reminds me of it so it makes me more depressed.

Most of me doesn't care on a personal level anymore. There's some part of me that wants to fight for what I believe in but it's hanging by a thread so I'm mostly only voting against him for the rest of the disabled people and women out there. I have to stay true to the group. While I don't want it to get any worse for myself I've been through the worst and I have lost hope so if he was going to try and be president of "the Nickchick island" I would be less likely to vote.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:13 PM

143 posts, read 78,800 times
It's hard to understand how we got two horribly bad candidates for president.

Then I read through the Politics forum for a few minutes, and the answer becomes quite obvious.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylos View Post
It's hard to understand how we got two horribly bad candidates for president.

Then I read through the Politics forum for a few minutes, and the answer becomes quite obvious.
"We The People" got us to this point.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:33 PM

21,557 posts, read 10,681,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I agree. Information to make an informed decision is very important especially when voting for a president. But blindly assuming someone is or isn't informed based on who they are voting for is just another example of the hate. It's the people's fault for having these two candidates as choices, and at this point there's nothing else we can do about it except to vote.
It's not my fault. I didn't vote in the primaries because by the time they rolled around to my area it was only Ted Cruz and Donald Trump. I wanted Rand Paul. However, when it came time to vote in the general, I still don't like Trump but voted for him because I like Clinton even less. Also, can't let Texas go blue yet. Once that happens, there will be a Chicago style machine politics all over the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections