Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 04:12 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,126,933 times

Advertisements

“The DNC is gone”: Susan Sarandon defends vote for Green Party candidate Jill Stein

Sarandon slammed DNC corruption: “In bed with every superdelegate is a lobbyist.” VIDEO AT SOURCE

Actress, activist, and former Bern-feeler Susan Sarandon is now going Green in support of Jill Stein.

Sarandon appeared on CNN Thursday to discuss the Dakota Access Pipeline protests, and the corruption of both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. She also condemned the DNC.

“The DNC is gone and we need a progressive party,” Sarandon said in defense of her support for Jill Stein.

Sarandon talked to CNN’s Carol Costello as a representative on the side of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe pipeline protesters. She explained that the issue has been largely ignored because neither presidential nominee wants to talk about it.

“You’re not going to hear anything from her,” Saradon said about Clinton and the pipeline. “Because if you look at who supports their campaign and who’s contributed to Hillary’s campaign, it’s every single one of these corporations and banks.”

#ImNotWithHer because she’s not with Native Americans to protect their water… not a peep after counting their vote. #NoDAPL https://t.co/vNOCoMoQYf

— Susan Sarandon (@SusanSarandon) November 3, 2016

“It’s completely corrupt,” said Sarandon about the DNC, “In bed with every super delegate is a lobbyist.”

Her support of Bernie Sanders during the primaries and now Jill Stein proves that Sarandon is more accurately anti-Hillary than “pro-” any other candidate in the 2016 election. In June, she told MSNBC that Clinton’s indictment was “inevitable” and that the Democratic nominee for president was “more dangerous” than Donald Trump.

Sarandon said she is backing Stein because she wanted to vote for someone “who in some way is concerned with the things that concern me.”

Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein, unlike Clinton and Trump, does care about what Sarandon’s concerns. In early September, Stein was charged with criminal trespassing and criminal mischief, and was suspected of vandalizing construction vehicles in the pipeline protest.

“The DNC is gone”: Susan Sarandon defends vote for Green Party candidate Jill Stein - Salon.com

Old 11-05-2016, 04:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,608,341 times
I JUST saw a thread where every Trump supporter said celebrities don't matter.

Should I believe that Susan does?

She, also, supported Ralph Nader - therefore gracing us with Bush II.

I question her judgement.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:33 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,126,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Who said they do? Just wondered if people
Thought she had a point

Old 11-05-2016, 05:22 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,832,231 times
She's always been a bit of a nutcase commie.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:15 PM

15,566 posts, read 10,572,423 times
She's correct about the corruption, but I don't know very much about her. Does she really have communist leanings, or is that a joke.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:36 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,615,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Met her once. Nice and friendly to me a perfect stranger in Manhattan while I was walking with my daughter. I disagree with her ultra left views. Most dems like me are centrists or center left. She is not nuts but the US is no where close to being a European left leaning nation. Sarandon is firmly on a left purist level that most dems dont support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections