Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 04:52 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,466,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What are you doing Tuesday night? Staying up getting a pizza and wine? Or be in line to vote. Sleep ? I heard some news today that California has like a 6 pager and they are a very large state, so might be a very long night. Thoughts ?
As a Californian who reads everything carefully (and yes, this ballot is painfully long, seems the longest ever), so I make sure I vote early by absentee ballot and mail it in early, too.

So the voting part is over is over in this household. There is literally nothing that could change my mind this late in the game with regards to major issues in California and elections of national officials. I don't think you will find many Californians who haven't been working on their ballot, are finished with it, and might just drop it off on election night, as every city hall has a box out front to drop the ballots as well as the polling places themselves.

We will be watching the election coverage carefully, long into the night, if need be, at least down to the major issues and people in major positions on the ballot. The results will matter a great deal to the United States and our perception overseas as rational and temperamentally adult (Clinton) or as a bunch of rabid and nutty Brexit-type dingbats (Trump).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 04:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If one partisan word comes out of her mouth, I won't pay to see her perform again....ever. I love her music and seeing her live, but I don't pay entertainers to hear their personal political views. I've seen dozens of musical performers during this election season and none have broached the subject of politics or attempted to push their politics on the crowd.
I feel the same. Saw Santana a year or so ago and wasn't happy when he got political. Not what I want to hear.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:59 PM

381 posts, read 177,488 times
Going early to the polls with my family and then off to work. Election night with my family and we're all hoping Trump wins. I haven't been very vocal about politics with people I interact with, but will be wearing red on Tuesday

Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,622 times
probably play some video games and go to bed; since we already know who's gonna win.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:10 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,976 times
Between keeping an eye on the election results and working on my list of project's I've given myself a deadline of the 20th to get done, I hope to be getting some sleep because, well insomnia sucks.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:12 PM

524 posts, read 362,345 times
I'm going to go purchase a gun.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:14 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
joining the militia?

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
I have already voted for Hillary so I am going to watch Faux News on election night for all of the drama, tears and hysterics LOL

1,029 posts, read 2,484,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post

Old 11-06-2016, 05:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If one partisan word comes out of her mouth, I won't pay to see her perform again....ever. I love her music and seeing her live, but I don't pay entertainers to hear their personal political views. I've seen dozens of musical performers during this election season and none have broached the subject of politics or attempted to push their politics on the crowd.
You'll have to give us a report.

She's personally a lefty, but I wasn't thinking of her "pushing" anything, just a status announcement.

Love seeing her, such chops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections