Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 10:14 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,711,701 times

Advertisements

Hillary:

Experience
Worked hard for other people
Never complains
Tough negotiator
Knows DC and how to get around in it
Smart
And mainly, she is SANE !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 10:14 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,234,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMurph View Post
I'll play, and without bashing the other candidate.

I voted for Donald Trump because for at least two decades I've been screaming from the rooftops that we need a successful businessman to be our president. He has grown his fortune from very little into a multi-billion dollar empire and has created tens of thousands of jobs here and around the world. He knows trade and taxes and knows what it takes to get our jobs back and to make the United States prosperous again.

He has an amazing family and their love and respect for each other is undeniable. He loves people in general and treats his employees, from the highest CEO to the lowest janitor, with respect and dignity. He is happy, friendly and positive. He loves America and our people enough to give up his cushy lifestyle and hand the reigns of his empire over to his employees while he takes a huge step down to help straighten this mess of a country out and bring us back to prosperity and regain the respect we used to have from other countries and world leaders.

He understands and despises the corruption that is rampant in our country and wants just as much as we do for those responsible to be held accountable. He owes no one and cannot be bought. With just a couple minor and mostly debunked exceptions, he is scandal free. He has a long history of working with and fighting for the rights of Black and Jewish Americans and has been publicly praised by Black leaders for his loyalty and friendship to the Black community.

Everything I wrote is truthful and easily verifiable. I think that's a good start and per the rules, no bashing of the other candidate.

And by the way, my first choice was Carly Fiorina, but she dropped out the week before my state's primary.
till imo the last sentence.

Carly Fiorina the former head-honcho of HP laid people off while on their lunch break!

Old 11-06-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Hillary:

Experience
Worked hard for other people
Never complains
Tough negotiator
Knows DC and how to get around in it
Smart
And mainly, she is SANE !
You're kidding right?

Old 11-06-2016, 10:21 AM

33,387 posts, read 35,000,404 times
OP, sometimes when you look at two candidates for a particular office, both are awful enough that the only reasont o vote for your choice is to prevent the other from winning because they are worse than your choice.

you can vote for whomever you choose, but for me i cannot vote for someone like hillary. she is a proven thief and liar who should be in jail fighting criminal charges right now, instead of running for president. she will also continue the erosion of our constitutional rights.

you claim she wants only to reduce gun violence, but the reality is that if she told america what she really wanted to do, she would NEVER win an election. she sides with diane feinstein, and wants to ban guns COMPLETELY.

trump wants to do things to improve things in the economy, and improve relations around the world with the people that matter to our country. since obama has been in office, our allies have been questioning our resolve, as have our enemies.

trump may be rude, crude, and a general jackass, but he does seem to be loyal to his friends. hillary has shown no such loyalty to anyone, except those that will help her get what she wants, power.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:27 AM

13,757 posts, read 9,845,258 times
I am on the whole satisfied with what's been accomplished during the Obama administration, and would be pleased to see a continuation. I am a fervent believer in NATO, in the United Nations, in international treaties and international law. I would like to see an America that's engaged in the world, not via a strident "American Exceptionalism", but through humble yet sustained world-citizenship. I find that immigrants ennoble and enrich a society, far more than they dilute or derail it. Though my investments include oil-companies, I place great importance on alternative energy, from nuclear to solar, and am sensitive to environmental concerns. I prefer the invoking of "soft power", rather than military confrontation (or threats). And I regard Antonin Scalia as a retrograde abomination, and not as an example of the sort of person who belongs in legal disputations, let alone the Supreme Court.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:55 AM

15,924 posts, read 14,626,268 times
I decided I wasn't voting for the Hildabeast for president (and I know she'd be running for it some day) when she waltzed into NY in 2000 and was handed a Senate seat she had no right to. She been nothing but a f_uck-up since then. She was a nothing senator. She got people killed as SecState. Her and her boss's incompetence handed a large hunk of the middle east to islamic extremists and Russia, and is largely responsible for the rise of Isis.

Not to mention the fact that she's bought and paid for, and we can only guess by whom (although we do have a good idea.) Her and her POS husband were dead broke and in big debt when they left the White House. Now they're worth hundreds of millions. How'd they get that way. It wasn't from her work as a "public servant".

I don't care who's running against her, anyone who votes for her is an idiot.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:03 AM

9,920 posts, read 7,788,229 times
Johnson
Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right
Legally require hiring women & minorities (That no gender or minority group should have any special classification by Government). All are equal in the eyes of the Government defined by experience and knowledge.
Supports same-sex marriage
Supports 2nd Ammendment
Expand ObamaCare Strongly Disagrees
Stop Energy subsidies
Legalize Marijuana
Criminal Justice System reform
Supporta a market-led recovery and against stimulus recovery
Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens
Privatize Social Security
Support & expand free trade
Expand the military
Strongly Disagrees
Support American Exceptionalism
Disagrees
Avoid foreign entanglements
Consumption Tax

Old 11-06-2016, 11:10 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,462,244 times
Hillary, she's the only qualified candidate with a chance to win.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Hillary, she's the only qualified candidate with a chance to win.
Hillary, she's the only qualified POTUS candidate with a chance to win prisonstay and prisonwear. FIXED!

Old 11-06-2016, 11:30 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,463,477 times
I am voting for Hillary because although she has been accused by the right of malicious wrongdoing she has been investigated and SO FAR has not been indicted for any possible crimes.
So IMO she is innocent of any malicious wrongdoing until convicted of any crimes.
Using the wrong e-mail service might be stupid and careless but we have not heard of any crime being committed while stupidly using wrong e-mail server.

She is for equal rights for women.
She is Pro Choice, which BTW is not Pro Abortion
She is for higher minimum wages.
She knows that she is NOT smarter than the generals.
She knows when you have the bad guy in your sites you pull the trigger.
She knows who the smart people in Washington are and will appoint them to the right jobs.
She knows the ACA needs work and will try to make it better. Tossing it out is stupidity.

Unlike her opponent she does not have all the answers but she knows where to go to get the answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections