Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 11:42 AM

78 posts, read 86,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Hillary, she's the only qualified candidate with a chance to win.
Suppose I were an undecided voter. Convince me to vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,708,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You're kidding right?

Nope, dead serious.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:45 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,708,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMurph View Post

That isn't our job to do. If you haven't made up your mind by now, ain't gonna happen.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:47 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,903,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Trade
Jobs
Security
ISIS
Immigration
Supreme Court
And the best of all.... Drain the Swamp.
Ditto and to the point.

Clinton will sell off America piece by piece!

Old 11-06-2016, 12:14 PM

78 posts, read 86,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
That isn't our job to do. If you haven't made up your mind by now, ain't gonna happen.

I understand that, but I figure if someone believes in her (or any candidate) enough to vote for them, then they'd want to campaign/get out the vote for that person so they'd get more votes and win.. Since that was they whole point of this thread, I thought he may offer up his reasons for voting for her and to convince others to, as well. If you believe in your candidate enough, you should be able to and want to explain your position to others.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:04 PM

13,700 posts, read 9,798,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMurph View Post
Hillary offers continuity. A Clinton administration would be continuation of the post-war consensus between Western Europe, the US, and America's allies around the world. A Clinton administration would continue making the trade and cultural exchange making possible pluralism and interconnectedness. Such an administration would make reasonable response to the inevitable changes sweeping the world, instead of cowering from them, or building walls.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:34 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,312,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Hillary offers continuity. A Clinton administration would be continuation of the post-war consensus between Western Europe, the US, and America's allies around the world. A Clinton administration would continue making the trade and cultural exchange making possible pluralism and interconnectedness. Such an administration would make reasonable response to the inevitable changes sweeping the world, instead of cowering from them, or building walls.
That's a good perspective considering we have just recently entered the age of global terrorism, and it's currently escalating at an alarming rate. A physical wall will not deter technology, a technology which is how terrorism spreads like a virus. Is there a cost to having allies? A conspiracy theorist would think palms are greased between allies. Although I don't necessarily like Clinton's aggressive war attitude, I believe she is better equipped to deal with the terror threat than her opponents. She's quite far from perfect though.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,821,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I know comparisons happen in every election. But this election cycle I feel the message of the individual candidates platforms have been lost in the muck of one camp simply stating they dislike the other more. Any reason IMO is a valid reason to vote, but from a deeper perspective I feel when a vote is cast for one candidate only for the reason not to give the other candidate a vote, I truly wonder what it is you believe? Whomever gets in will at a minimum have the inside track to push legislation through despite the obvious battles that will rage in congress.

I'm going to answer based on what I believe the candidate stands for. I personally dislike both candidates, and I personally choose to limit my vote to one or the other, and not for a 3rd party candidate or none of the above or a write in. I also realize that regardless what a candidate states they want to do doesn't mean action will actually occur, and as with politics a lot of what is said is smoke and mirrors and not reality. And both candidates have their pros and cons in my eyes.

We all have issues that mean more to us than to others. Despite so many important issues facing America today, we tend to hone in on certain ones as more important than others.

My vote begrudgingly will be going to Clinton.
  • I believe in a woman's right to choose, and Clinton leans this way.
  • I feel more work needs to be done with the whole gun issue, and do not believe that Hillary's stance is to rid everyone with guns but to continue to find ways to reduce injury risk to the innocent.
  • I think Hillary has a stronger stance on the push for continued increases in green energy.
  • I'm on the fence with her belief in legally requiring the hiring of woman & minorities which will affect business, but am aware of how unfairly these groups of people are treated in the marketplace.

There are many things I disagree with her. I do not agree with her stances on Obamacare, a simple higher tax on the wealthy, her seemingly willingness to be at war to defend he feelings about what America stands for. I don't feel she will do enough to focus on America's poor, sick, etc, but instead will continue to send money to other countries.

If you can, just state the reason you are voting for whomever it is you will be voting for, and restrict your comment to that candidate only without pointing the finger at the other(s). There are numerous other threads that pit one against the other.

That's a little difficult considering I'm more against Trump and not really excited about her but doable.

I think there should be more restrictions on guns. To me they only cause problems.

I also believe in a woman's right to choose as a woman. It's really none of our business.

I wasn't aware that she is actually legally requiring minorities and women to be hired but if she's telling the truth (which I know she could be lying politicians do lie but trying to have hope that maybe it will happen) being mentally disabled and a woman it's a given that this needs to happen. Or by minorities do you just mean ethnic? We are unfairly treated and it's time more people recognize this.

Well I guess I can see why you would be against Obamacare but without Obamacare I'm not sure I'd have any coverage at all because before that they billed me that time I went to the hospital. They were supposed to take care of it but every now and then they still call.

Don't get me wrong there is something I disagree with her on too. She seems to be very pro drug and I'm anti Big Pharma but I'm not sure any politician ever has believed in natural healling because doctors have been pushing those synthetic chemicals for as long as I can remember so I can't expect anything more.

I'm on the fence about higher tax to the wealthy. On the one hand I would love that because I would love to see Comcast have to pay more taxes (is this attacking you said candidates and Comcast is just a company). On the other hand, there are innocent wealthy people that I wouldn't like to see this happen too. A few are even musicians I admire. People don't think so but I know some of them work too hard for their money and used to be like us poor people. Some of them also give back to the community like Bill Gates.

Last edited by Nickchick; 11-06-2016 at 03:19 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 03:16 PM

689 posts, read 512,321 times
Because I ma voting Third Party

Old 11-06-2016, 03:44 PM

35,803 posts, read 21,195,544 times
I see how they attack Hillary, over and over and nothing sticks, year after year. I think she knows too much and she is not in the ole boys club. A knowing hard nose female as president makes them all look like the little boys they are. I know 90% of the accusations are smoke and no fire. I know what she has done, they are guilty of the same.
This last week will tell you what I just claimed, Juliani ? FBI? Leaks? Assange ? What else you need?
I don't dislike trump, but just don't think qualified, because of his personality and big mouth. I also do not think he is such a solid businessman . Luck and a good start set him in a good direction. He is not dumb, but this is not his gig. The look Melania gives, let's me know she praying to God quietly he loses. She is very afraid of all this. So as his partner in the WH. Things will not be happy in the homestead. The voters will decide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections