Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:37 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,249,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t-live-stream/

Live stream. People in VA up past midnight to hear Trump, walked 2.5 to get there.

Years ago, I was going with my buddies to a ski resort in Lake Tahoe. Little did we know, Julia Mancuso, the silver medalist who just competed in the Winter Olympic days ago, was making an appearance somewhere along our route.

We got stuck in the biggest traffic hell jam ever with what seemed like the entire population in Lake Tahoe heading to see her. I have never ever seen so many cars and so many people in Lake Tahoe ever, and never since. We were stuck at least 15 miles from where Mancuso would be and didn't move for almost two hours. Some people parked their cars at the side of the road and just trekked.

We finally threw in the towel and headed back. As we left, we saw that the traffic backup had extended to the freeway and some people were eating in their cars (how'd they know to bring food?), hell bent on meeting the famed athlete if it meant spending the entire day. I am pretty sure many just ended up sitting in traffic the whole day.

Now, Julia Mancuso is a good athlete, to be sure. But is she the best and most popular athlete in the world?? Even she will say no.

What I've learned is that if you put the right person in the right spot, you can generate a huge crowd. That doesn't mean the same response applies everywhere.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:01 PM

800 posts, read 509,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Walked 2 1/2 miles? Big freakin' deal! My god, you people actually think that's newsworthy? Most people rack up that many steps simply at work. And you're FAWNING over it? Lol, wow, you people must be seriously out of shape if you think 2 1/2 miles is something to applaud. Damn.
Agreed. I'm glad to see enthusiasm but unless you're old and frail or really out of shape 2.5 isnt that much. When I backpack I often walk over 20 miles a day, with 30+ lbs on my back.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:04 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,495,443 times
Meanwhile people only show up to see Hillary if she has superstars performing lol

Old 11-07-2016, 12:18 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,087,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Enthusiasm is no replacement for numbers.

Have you even see pictures of the entire crowd at Clinton rallies? They are a joke! Barely a couple hundred people show up to these things and the media frames the camera just right to make it look like the crowds are somehow comparable to Trump's massive crowds.

She even has had to hold rallies in hallways because so few people show up to them. Kaine has had to repeatedly cancel his rallies because no one shows up at all!

And somehow the media really wants to make everyone think that this election is close... We are living in 1984 right now folks.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:24 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t-live-stream/

Live stream. People in VA up past midnight to hear Trump, walked 2.5 to get there.
Oh damn , now I am worried. Lol

Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,134,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I saw Trump speak at a rally last year. I spent $800 on gas for my spouse and I to drive cross country to our polling site. I could have just sent in an absentee but it's that important to us. I wonder how many Clinton supporters are doing that.
Most Clinton supporters I know have already voted.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 PM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
I hear a lot of them talking about voting 3rd party and Green Party.

Breitbart has summarized a fair number of high profile liberals who have full out said they are not voting Clinton... they don't think she's the lesser of two evils.

Hillary Loses the Left - Breitbart
Only five living people on this planet have served as POTUS. All five of them don't think Trump is qualified. Two of them are having to hold their nose and jump party lines to protect our nation from the Trump Follies. The other three are predicable.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:29 PM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Have you even see pictures of the entire crowd at Clinton rallies? They are a joke! Barely a couple hundred people show up to these things and the media frames the camera just right to make it look like the crowds are somehow comparable to Trump's massive crowds.

She even has had to hold rallies in hallways because so few people show up to them. Kaine has had to repeatedly cancel his rallies because no one shows up at all!

And somehow the media really wants to make everyone think that this election is close... We are living in 1984 right now folks.
The media has done everything they can to make it close.
  • They give trump free airtime
  • they propogate the lies against hillary
  • they report non-facts from Comey
  • They continue to let Trump tell lies without calling him out
  • They report what Trump says (even if he complains that his own words are bias against him)
  • it goes on and on and on

The media needs a story, and Trump is the best thing that happened to them since Micheal Jackson's death. They have, and will do anything to prop this baffoon up, for their own ratings.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Did they Goose step the whole way?

^^^ Haha, I see what you did there ! If they didn't get to goose step to the rally, if he were elected we ALL would be goose stepping before too long !

But those of us who are sane came to the rescue. Hillary is going to make a great President. I'm one man who isn't afraid to let a woman run this country........we guys haven't exactly done the best job ourselves.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:28 PM

19,858 posts, read 12,136,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Only five living people on this planet have served as POTUS. All five of them don't think Trump is qualified. Two of them are having to hold their nose and jump party lines to protect our nation from the Trump Follies. The other three are predicable.
The two holding their noses are good buddies with the Clintons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections