Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:43 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,029,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I know! Walking is a tricky thing, isn't it? I can't believe more deaths don't happen from walking. It really is a dangerous thing to do.
You know, you need to quit because you are making a fool of yourself.

I asked you more than once if you ever walked along a rural road where there are no street lights, sidewalks or even a shoulder on the road with it being pitch dark, all the while having to worry about a steady stream of cars along side you.

You've refused to answer and instead come back with more nastiness.

In other words, you've never done such a walk and have no idea as to what it is like. Just admit it.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
Flashlights, we managed Halloween just fine too.
So, do you live in a rural area with no street lights, no sidewalks and no shoulders along the road? Lots of people manage just fine on Halloween as long as they are in residential neighborhoods where there are porch lights.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I asked you more than once if you ever walked along a rural road where there are no street lights, sidewalks or even a shoulder on the road with it being pitch dark, all the while having to worry about a steady stream of cars along side you.

In other words, you've never done such a walk and have no idea as to what it is like. Just admit it.
Yes, as has almost every single other person on the planet. It's not that hard. It's called.....putting one foot in front of the other. A magnificent feat I tell ya, magnificent. Maybe we should all get trophies?

Old 11-07-2016, 05:53 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,295,808 times
Quote:

It's Loudoun County (DC Metro), not Podunk, U.S.A.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:56 PM

305 posts, read 180,333 times
Quote:
So, do you live in a rural area with no street lights, no sidewalks and no shoulders along the road? Lots of people manage just fine on Halloween as long as they are in residential neighborhoods where there are porch lights.
Why yes, actually. A lot of western WA is rural where the sidewalks are a small strip of gravel between the road and the ditch. I've walked in conditions such as those with rain, and once in the snow. It's not my preferred method of transport, but I did it when I had to and it wasn't that hard. On a nice day or evening, it's even somewhat enjoyable.

A car is a necessity here, if you don't have one you walk far more than 2.5 miles since everything is pretty spaced out.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, as has almost every single other person on the planet. It's not that hard. It's called.....putting one foot in front of the other. A magnificent feat I tell ya, magnificent. Maybe we should all get trophies?
So, you've never done such a walk. Got it. If you had done so, you would know that it isn't the same as walking along a well-lighted sidewalk at night. No wonder you have no clue.

Try doing so---best when you're sober See how well you fare.

Stop making yourself look foolish. Go clear your head. Yet I know you will come back with another clueless remark. You can't help yourself. If I were a betting person, I would bet money that you will be back here---and I would win

Old 11-07-2016, 06:02 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
Why yes, actually. A lot of western WA is rural where the sidewalks are a small strip of gravel between the road and the ditch. I've walked in conditions such as those with rain, and once in the snow. It's not my preferred method of transport, but I did it when I had to and it wasn't that hard. On a nice day or evening, it's even somewhat enjoyable.

A car is a necessity here, if you don't have one you walk far more than 2.5 miles since everything is pretty spaced out.
Apparently for a certain segment of the population, it's unfathomable. I mean, walking down a street at night with cars & no sidewalks?? The very thought is simply exhausting.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I saw Trump speak at a rally last year. I spent $800 on gas for my spouse and I to drive cross country to our polling site. I could have just sent in an absentee but it's that important to us. I wonder how many Clinton supporters are doing that.
I can honestly say I've never spent $800 to vote for a guy who dissed POW's, mocked the disabled and bragged about leering at naked teenage beauty pageant contestants. And, with the grace of God, I never will.

But thanks for sharing your priorities.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Apparently for a certain segment of the population, it's unfathomable. I mean, walking down a street at night with cars & no sidewalks?? The very thought is simply exhausting.
Thank you for making yourself once again look foolish!

You've never done such a walk. Go drive to the nearest rural area where there are no streetlights, no shoulders on the road and go for a walk. Be very careful. Even with a flashlight, it's hard to see that ditch or hole alongside the road. So, if you take a tumble, well...good luck.

As I said, you can't let go, can you? You enjoy making yourself look foolish. Next time, make sure your head is clear before posting.

Now either let it go or keep coming back here and embarrassing yourself. Your choice.

I done with you. Do you know it's never good to pui?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:07 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,611,587 times
My prediction is that Trump supporters with be upset sometime around 5pm (my time). It will be over early
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections