Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:46 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times

Advertisements

Nate Silver: Hillary Clinton is 'one state away' from losing Electoral College

Statistician Nate Silver warned on Sunday that Hillary Clinton's path to capturing the 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House now appears narrower than President Barack Obama's path at this point in 2012.

Polls show Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump with a slight edge in electoral college-heavy states like Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina.

Nate Silver warns Clinton is 'one state away' from losing Electoral College - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 12:49 PM

71 posts, read 61,095 times
Good, I would love to see Trump Win tomorrow.

I have educated several of my friends in Florida who are monitories like myself to vote Trump.

Trump will end the establishment. Trump will run the GOP into the ground .

Old 11-07-2016, 12:50 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Fox News (not the Clinton News Network) just also came out that Clinton's EC numbers are not looking as rosy as they did just a few days ago despite having a lead in the popular vote.

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

Old 11-07-2016, 12:58 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
I just checked & this doesn't jibe with his current map. He has her winning with New Hampshire and running up the score with Nevada, Florida and North Carolina. Unless the 'one state' is California I do not see her as that precarious.

I think he is over-cooking his poll adjustments to suit national trends. I think this is off because some states have more/less diverse populations than the nation as a whole and assuming Florida, Arizona and Ohio will act in the same manner is a stretch.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:59 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Hillary needs 271 electoral votes... one of the Washington state Democrat electors will not vote for Hillary.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I just checked & this doesn't jibe with his current map. He has her winning with New Hampshire and running up the score with Nevada, Florida and North Carolina. Unless the 'one state' is California I do not see her as that precarious.

I think he is over-cooking his poll adjustments to suit national trends. I think this is off because some states have more/less diverse populations than the nation as a whole and assuming Florida, Arizona and Ohio will act in the same manner is a stretch.
As much as I tend to like Silver and usually consider him rational, I think this is the same phenomenon going on in the rest of the media. The longer the horse race goes on and the more uncertain things seem, the more traffic and $$ flow to these media outlets in the final hours.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:04 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
The way people here admire and even worship Nate Silver and what he thinks is going to happen, I don't know why we even have to have an election. Just let Nate tell you how it's going to be. Think of the money and time this would save the country by not needing to have an election.
Nate knows everything and is never wrong.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As much as I tend to like Silver and usually consider him rational, I think this is the same phenomenon going on in the rest of the media. The longer the horse race goes on and the more uncertain things seem, the more traffic and $$ flow to these media outlets in the final hours.
well we only have 24 hours to wait and wonder: BTW what does his prediction have to do with money flowing to the media outlets at the last minute?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
I think ALT means that the polling overall is spurring political campaigns to dump more late $ into 'tight' races. And mysteriously everything has tightened at the very end.

If I had to bet I think HRC pulls it out in NC but not Ohio with Florida falling somewhere between the two.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The way people here admire and even worship Nate Silver and what he thinks is going to happen, I don't know why we even have to have an election. Just let Nate tell you how it's going to be. Think of the money and time this would save the country by not needing to have an election.
Nate knows everything and is never wrong.
No kidding. A goofball who came from nowhere, guessed correctly a couple of times, and became the left's guide to the galaxy.

Talk about a nutty-looking guy. And to think they make fun of Trump's hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well we only have 24 hours to wait and wonder: BTW what does his prediction have to do with money flowing to the media outlets at the last minute?
The person you quoted said "the same as", which is not "the same". S/he is making a comparison.

It's all about traffic, be it TV airwaves, internet bandwidth, whatever. The more traffic, the more hits, the more advertising revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections