Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:13 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Right now you wont find many Democrats under those sheets...
And all the Southern Democrats turned Republican right after LBJ forced the Civil Rights bill through Congress...

By thecwsy, Trump comes by his racism and KKK affection naturally---his dad Fred was arrested for marching in KKK parade in New Jersey in the '50's...
So it's not just a Southern affectation...
It wasn't in the 50s. It was in the 20s. You don't even have your facts right.

Here's an article about what happened---and it's from a website that you would like!

Trump Scour : snopes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Right now you wont find many Democrats under those sheets...
And all the Southern Democrats turned Republican right after LBJ forced the Civil Rights bill through Congress...

By thecwsy, Trump comes by his racism and KKK affection naturally---his dad Fred was arrested for marching in KKK parade in New Jersey in the '50's...
So it's not just a Southern affectation...
No proof he was connected to KKK . Ever heard of 'wrong place, wrong time'
It happens all the time even today.

WHAT'S TRUE: A 1 June 1927 New York Times article named Fred Trump among individuals arrested after a "near-riot" involving the KKK and New York City policemen at a "Memorial parade."

WHAT'S FALSE/UNDETERMINED: Fred Trump was a KKK member or supporter; Fred Trump was charged with a crime in connection with the KKK event.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:17 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It wasn't in the 50s. It was in the 20s. You don't even have your facts right.

Here's an article about what happened---and it's from a website that you would like!

It's not unusual for Hillary supporters to not do much research.
Also Obama is trying to desperately link Trump with the KKK , sad really.
Obama is worried about his legacy , but he's ruining it himself .

He was supposed to unite the country but can now only talk about 'racism' or 'sexism' .

Old 11-07-2016, 10:17 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

WHAT'S TRUE: A 1 June 1927 New York Times article named Fred Trump among individuals arrested after a "near-riot" involving the KKK and New York City policemen at a "Memorial parade."

WHAT'S FALSE/UNDETERMINED: Fred Trump was a KKK member or supporter; Fred Trump was charged with a crime in connection with the KKK event.

^^^^Thanks, jm.

They won't listen, however. They are too bigoted, too filled with hate and too narrow-minded.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^That is a despicable thing to write. Have you no shame?
Actually Trump has no shame...
Watch that video and if you can take pride in what you see, you are the enemy of democracy and America.
Those people spewing that hatred and acid really are deplorable...
They are not redeemable....they have no desire to embrace the true principles of America...
They just want to return to the America of the 1700s where white people and white religion ruled, where women were chattel all their lives, and minorities were treated worse than animals for the most part.

In truth, if those people DID return to the 1700s, most of them would feel just as ostracized and disenfranchised because they would still not qualify for the ruling class...
And if you think America of the Revolution was a pure brotherhood with no hierarchy of classes...
Read some history...

Those people would have been considered rabble in the 1700s just as now...

Old 11-08-2016, 05:17 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Ok --maybe he wasn't charged with a crime ... Probably because of who he was, his political connections...
But you can't claim Trump was an uninterested bystander...
He had a systematic history of taking government money for loans to build apt bldgs that were supposed to rent to ALL races...and he deliberately prevented any blacks or other minorities from getting apartments in his bldg... He and Donald were charged more than once by the federal gov't for that violation and found guilty...
Just another example of how Donald was a cheat...taking government low cost loans to build housing available to any qualified renter but making race the biggest hurdle of all...
Cheat then and cheat now...
Racist then and racist now...

Old 11-08-2016, 05:20 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Huge crowds at rallies mean nothing in the end. These are all the same people who voted against Obama in 2 elections.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
What a great crowd! I have friends in Michigan who are voting for TRUMP!

I have friends in Chicago who were part of a much larger crowd cheering the Cubs. If crowd size is the standard I guess we should think about voting for Joe Maddon.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:14 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, it looks like they switched teams... All that is missing are the white sheets and hoods....But they do have a leader..... Trump is the Imperial Wizard of this branch of the KKK.
Well, they're probably not the most sophisticated, intelligent bunch, that's for sure. But, unless you're voting in this election, I'm not sure why you care.

I can't help but notice, though, that you don't seem to know how to write without the overuse of ellipses (..........). Please learn how to use other punctuation.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:47 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
The rally is impressive, but rallies don't win elections.

Votes do.

I think it is too close to call at this time.

I think Hillary is going to win (unfortunately), but not by a huge margin.

However, Trump supporters are actually proud to be backing him and seem more energetic than Hillary supporters. Trump has also shown to be surprisingly competitive in states that heavily lean Democrat like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. He might have enough supporters to tip one or more of those states.

However, Trump is also very unpopular among many people. He is like Bush during his second term BEFORE ever running for office. While Hillary supporters are nowhere nearly as keen on their candidate; they have a burning hatred for Trump and that will get them out to vote. Will it be enough? Possibly. Also, Trump has alienated many Republicans which have either switched sides or are sitting this one out and waiting for 2020. As a friend once said, "Trump isn't sure if he is a moderate Democrat or a hard-right Republican". I think that is true. Trump has managed to **** off both many conservative Republicans and moderate Republicans by switching his stance more than Anderson Silva.

I think Hillary edges this out. I really hope that I am wrong. I say this not because I have any love for Trump (I disliked him before it was cool). I say this because I think he will do less long-term damage and because when one party is in office for too long they become arrogant and corrupt. A Trump Presidency will be a wakeup call to the Democrats that they need to get their s--t together and stop playing identity politics because it is a zero sum game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections