Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:55 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Seems if a person can get out to vote they could get out to get an ID.
But that's not the point, is it? The point is whether the state law requires a photo ID.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 10:03 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
But they check your signature on file against what you signed when you sent the ballot in.
do it for those without photo IDs at the polling station

Old 11-08-2016, 10:05 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,220,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
But that's not the point, is it? The point is whether the state law requires a photo ID.

Mick
Now I am curious. They always ask for picture ID when I vote. I will question that today and see what they say.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:09 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,219,108 times
picture id should be required - how else would you know the person voting is really who they say they are?

this is all about getting the illegal vote... nothing to do with blacks.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:13 AM

13,623 posts, read 4,943,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
They can ask for it. and they were truthful when you asked if it was required. what's the issue?
According to the OP, it is not required under certain circumstances. So no, they were not truthful.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:33 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,711,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I voted in SC today. When asked for Picture ID I asked if it was required. I was told it is. It is not.

In SC, if you do not have a picture ID you can substitute another form of id...

In person ID requirements
You must bring one of the following photo IDs with you to vote early in person or on Election Day:
  • South Carolina driver’s license
  • South Carolina ID card with a photo
  • US Armed Forces ID with a photo
  • US passport
If you can’t get an ID for one of the following reasons, you can bring your non-photo voter registration card and certify that you can’t get an ID:
  • Disability or illness
  • Lack of transportation
  • Lack of birth certificate
  • Family responsibilities or a conflict with work schedule
  • A religious objection to being photographed
  • Any other obstacle that the voter determines is a “reasonable” obstacle to obtaining a photo ID
Same with my State voting laws. Like if the State could use something similar with where I work. We have to use our badge to consent to having the flu shot.

Should be some type of RFID. Where either they could put it in a Drivers License or State ID or mail them to the individuals with a voting ID #. So that way say if you do vote cam bring the voting ID badge and a envelope mailed to you with your address. If mailing in a ballot can write your ID number down, send a copy of your voting ID card, and copy of a envelope mailed to you.

Same applies to State ID or Driver's ID as above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections