Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 11:36 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I guess we should have seen this coming. Perhaps we thought too highly of people, maybe Donald Trump is more like the average American than we wanted to believe. America is very strange right now, and very divided.

I learned a long time ago , that if you just sit back and wait , things have a way of correcting themselves. His supporters wanted change, and I wonder if the change they get is what they were hoping for.

The one saving grace is that he will not be able to do the things he wants all on his own. We are still a nation of checks and balances, and he will need the support of his own party and the Democrats. As we have seen, he can't even get his own people to like him, so that will be interesting.

Hang in there, all of you who felt like I do. Sit back, enjoy the show, and just go on with your lives. I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about in the coming months and years. In the meantime, the Trumpees will be pounding their chests and making snide remarks. Let them have their fun, we might have the last laugh yet. In fact, I'm betting on it.

On the bright side, Alec Baldwin will have a permanent job on SNL for a while. They are going to have a lot of material each week for sure.
Yes, That's how it normally works but we will be dealing with Trump. He does what he wants - he's like a naughty child. He'll do things behind everyone's back. It will be his way or the highway. Wait and see how many people he fires or leave on their own steam. Not a team player. The #s guy said if Hillary won the market would go up - if Trump wins the market will plunge (it already has) so he is already costing us major $$.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:41 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Yes, That's how it normally works but we will be dealing with Trump. He does what he wants - he's like a naughty child. He'll do things behind everyone's back. It will be his way or the highway. Wait and see how many people he fires or leave on their own steam. Not a team player. The #s guy said if Hillary won the market would go up - if Trump wins the market will plunge (it already has) so he is already costing us major $$.
Then he will be impeached and/or the CIA will step in (behind the scenes, of course).

Old 11-08-2016, 11:44 PM

3,827 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post

I think a REPUBLICAN who doesn't support Trump said it best . Per Frank Lutz, GOP strategist

"The greatest country in the history of civilization has become dangerously uncivilized ".

You can see that in this forum from Trump supporters . I fear for our country .
We are a very divided country right now, its concerning.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:53 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
The Democratic party was divided. There were too many unhappy Bernie supporters who wrote in names instead of holding their noses and voting for Hillary. If they had given her four years, they could have worked to get someone really good next time.

The Republican party was divided too. But their candidate is so loud and provides such an outlet for anger and hatred that he attracted people like flies. Those people will probably be sorry once the excitement dies down. He doesn't care about them. Neither one of them cares about the people but Trump is authoritarian. With Hillary the people might have stood a chance but not with Trump. Fiddling while Rome burns.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:14 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default What?

What's all this crap about 'fearing for our country' about? Did you fear for the country when a deal was made in the dead of night, where Senate rules were changed to garner a majority to force legislation down the throat of Americans that now is 17% of the GDP of the United States. The Affordable Care Act. All LIES.

Did you fear for the country when the President went around the world and kissed the asses of the world leaders?

Did you fear for the country when the President put troops in harms way, then told them not to defend themselves?

Did you fear for the country when the President went down the slippery slope of issuing Executive Orders to circumvent the constitutional mandated balance of power between the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of government?

Did you fear for the country when the President created executive orders for DACA and DAPA, and ignore the laws of the United States?

The President swore, took an oath to ' faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States'. He's violated it, purposely ignored the laws he's supposed to make sure are executed. He ignored the spirit of the constitution, and tested the balance of power.

And you say you are afraid of a potential President Trump for adhering to the oath, and following the laws of the United States?

Unreal.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:24 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just my opinion - All the Hillary voters (of which I was one) just need to take a deep breath. The sun will still rise in a few hours and life will go on. The people voted and more voted for Trump than for Hillary. He is going to be the next President (barring some sort of fantastic change of events in the next few hours) and we all need to give him a chance to govern before we get into the "It's the end of the country" funk.

Very well said!

I wish everyone could have this attitude regardless of who you're voting for. It's ok to have our differences but when it comes down to it neither party give a @#!& about any of us. We need to give him a chance and just like all through this crazy race the media will have him under a microscope. Maybe Trump will fail, but I'm hoping he can surround himself with good people and stop some of this political corruption that's been going on by BOTH parties for years. He's not my ideal candidate but like most Americans I'm sick of both political machines taking advantage of us,the American People, for their own personal gains!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:31 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
All the negative and dark responses to the OP's original comments only serve to illustrate why a maniac loser like Trump is in the lead: he appeals to hate-mongers that love to feel superior to others.
OP, I totally agree with you.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
fox news has called the election for trump.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:14 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
We need to give him a chance and just like all through this crazy race the media will have him under a microscope. Maybe Trump will fail, but I'm hoping he can surround himself with good people and stop some of this political corruption that's been going on by BOTH parties for years. He's not my ideal candidate but like most Americans I'm sick of both political machines taking advantage of us,the American People, for their own personal gains!
When I have given people a chance, they walk all over me..almost everytime. At the very least, the few that cares about me can't do anything about what I need help with.
Why should a man who seems to have nothing but filth come out of his mouth be any different?

Why would good people want to be around him though?

I'll give him a chance to willingly drop out though and wait and see if that happens because it does seem likely.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:45 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think just the opposite. for the last eight years the division between the races has increased substantially. but it goes deeper than that. the people have distrusted washington elites for years now, and trump ran as an outsider, and showed an uplifting vision for america, much like reagan did in 1980.

but now it is on us, we the people, to hold our elected leaders feet to the fire, and tell them what WE want them to do, not have them tell us what they are going to do.
A Wall Street billionaire outsider? Can such a creature exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections