Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:34 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,070,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm from the Rust Belt now living in L.A.

Many natives here consider Fort Wayne, Indiana and Erie, Pennsylvania to be third world countries. Not that they have ever been there or would consider it.
I live in L.A. and I hear it all the time too. They're ridiculous. Some of them are dirt poor living in LA, cramped three to a two bedroom yet they think they're better than someone who owns their own home and is building a nest egg in Iowa. They don't get that huge swaths of the country has developed. It's no longer LA NYC or bust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 AM

16,223 posts, read 11,422,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And hopefully, those of us who see the Democrats for what they are will broadcast that little tantrum at every opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What amazes me is that media are actually admitting that they were biased for Clinton and lived in a bubble and believed their own rhetoric. They know this was a vote against them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump has promised no more elections and he is president for life. Medicare and social security gone. Welfare gone. The Republicans think we are all takers. No more EPA. Strict limits on peoples rights. Corporations can now feel free to polute our air and water.

And thank you, Master Tominftl, for the proof of further detachment from reality among the Democrats' Kiddie Korps.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:05 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,305,373 times
Quote:

Many natives here consider Fort Wayne, Indiana and Erie, Pennsylvania to be third world countries. Not that they have ever been there or would consider it.
Yah. I've known a few New Yorkers who viewed most of the rest of the country as existing to serve NYC. Insular, narrow-minded "elites."

Old 11-09-2016, 02:08 AM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
What an elitist snob! Good gravy. This is why the majority of the American people voted for Trump. They were tired of coastal elites constantly running their lives and grinding them at every turn. I mean you are the epitome of this ridiculous mentality of coastal people who think that middle America is some yee haw country. Well the rest of the country has developed. It's no longer NYC or LA or bust. Several states in the middle of the country aren't backwoods.

Do you not get that the coastal liberal elite ARE the establishment. That you support it and your views are gross to the people of America?

This is a result because of YOU.
You can do whatever you want if you stop telling the coast how to live and stop taking out tax dollars. We contribute more than we get back. Blue states contribute more tax dollars than they receive. Red states take more than they contribute. We are tired of paying for you. Go to school, get a job and support yourselves and stop telling coastal people how to live their lives. Go to church seven days a week, we don't care, just leave us alone.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:35 AM

30,567 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Newsflash, I understand how they feel. And if it becomes clear that Hillary won the popular vote, all the more so. The West Coast, the Northeast, those areas are strong, educated, they think middle America is ridiculous and backward. I think it too. At this point, with this country this polarized, I would prefer the country split. I don't want to subsidize red states anymore. Blue states always give more federal dollars than they receive while red states take more than they contribute. So split the country. I have no use for rural America.
Except she didn't win the popular vote. Per CNN: Election Results 2016

trump - 289
47.8%
votes - 58,207,475

clinton -218
47.4%
votes - 57,750,863

Old 11-09-2016, 02:49 AM

7,978 posts, read 7,392,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yah. I've known a few New Yorkers who viewed most of the rest of the country as existing to serve NYC. Insular, narrow-minded "elites."
I knew a New York transplant who moved to small town Pennsylvania and sneered at us...called us "ignorant fahmah's". No "thee-AY-tuh". No "deli-KA-tessen". Where does the food in the "deli-KA-tessen" come from?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:38 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,817,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You can do whatever you want if you stop telling the coast how to live and stop taking out tax dollars. We contribute more than we get back. Blue states contribute more tax dollars than they receive. Red states take more than they contribute. We are tired of paying for you. Go to school, get a job and support yourselves and stop telling coastal people how to live their lives. Go to church seven days a week, we don't care, just leave us alone.
How silly.

North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, alone have far more coast than California.

And people are moving to these places from the the places you mention because of the great quality of life.

This speaks for itself.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:39 AM

17,436 posts, read 11,461,263 times
Quote:

This is why I'm so happy CA got neutered last night. Many libs and illegals there think they can run the country through intimidation and threats and are learning that doesn't work with Americans. Elitists in San Francisco are in a daze. Living in this ultra liberal state, I'm loving this.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:56 AM

19,907 posts, read 12,430,161 times
Quote:
I live in L.A. and I hear it all the time too. They're ridiculous. Some of them are dirt poor living in LA, cramped three to a two bedroom yet they think they're better than someone who owns their own home and is building a nest egg in Iowa. They don't get that huge swaths of the country has developed. It's no longer LA NYC or bust.
Exactly. They live in bad neighborhoods and talk down to people who have nice homes, property and families. They are taught this by liberal elites who want to herd them into the cities to live like in Brazil. You do this by telling them they are hip and special like Beyoncé if they live in a certain area. But they live more like third world than anyone in Iowa. Some even look down on people who DRIVE - those rednecks and their cars. Unreal anyone would buy into this.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:00 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,595,595 times
Quote:

Lots of people on the coasts are out of touch with the rest of America.

They are more likely to visit France or England than those American cities

People also aren't aware how other cities have developed .

I was born in LA but have an open mind and have travelled to other cities , not just New York or San Francisco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections