Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:09 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,086,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Seacove is having a really rough day. It's like finding out Santa isn't real.
It's like being the last kid in school to find out that Santa isn't real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:20 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,449,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Newsflash, I understand how they feel. And if it becomes clear that Hillary won the popular vote, all the more so. The West Coast, the Northeast, those areas are strong, educated, they think middle America is ridiculous and backward. I think it too. At this point, with this country this polarized, I would prefer the country split. I don't want to subsidize red states anymore. Blue states always give more federal dollars than they receive while red states take more than they contribute. So split the country. I have no use for rural America.
Except for food, water, and energy, rural America is worthless to most elitist ****s like you.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:47 PM

31,338 posts, read 14,435,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
As if Middle America thinks highly of the coastal areas. And if we're being sincere, what does Middle America have to offer other than farms, religiousness, racism, drug addiction and rampant poverty? They don't call it "flyover country" for nothing. Like it or not, there really are people (lots?) with a low level of intelligence in that part of the country.
You do realize that Trump won a lot more states than Hillary, right?
That's a good portion of this country's people that you just insulted.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:50 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,587,371 times
Because there is no racism, religion, drug addiction or poverty in big cities on the coasts like L.A or NYC.. LOL..

Old 11-09-2016, 02:22 PM

25,604 posts, read 56,690,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You do realize that Trump won a lot more states than Hillary, right?
So far, Hillary is ahead in the popular vote by 200k, projecting in the end Two Million or more. Last I saw on CNN a few minutes ago is Hillary 58,890,000 v. POS Trump 58,790,000. Chances are she will have won by an even wider margin when all is said and done.

That said - if Trump were a decent, intellectually energetic, nonarrogant man, instead of the vindictive, self-centered, mentally lazy pervert a**** he is, I would have voted for him. Trade and immigration are my top issues. This dirtbag is just the WRONG MESSENGER. A despicable person. I disliked GW, but I could put up with him. I am positively repelled by this smarmy cretin. It is unbelievable an intellectually deficient, morally depraved, narcisistic, lying, thieving, charlatan such as this can be elected as 'our' leader. A sad and revelatory commentary on the electorate, and an even sadder devolvement into the gutter for this country.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-09-2016 at 03:26 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,293,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
You are drawing this conclusion from one person somewhere in America? I saw a poster on this forum earlier tonight suggest that no one who didn't have all four grandparents born in this country should get to vote. Should I draw conclusions about the right based on that comment?
Geez, that leaves me out. I am only 2nd generation Norwegian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What an elitist snob! Good gravy. This is why the majority of the American people voted for Trump. They were tired of coastal elites constantly running their lives and grinding them at every turn. I mean you are the epitome of this ridiculous mentality of coastal people who think that middle America is some yee haw country. Well the rest of the country has developed. It's no longer NYC or LA or bust. Several states in the middle of the country aren't backwoods.

Do you not get that the coastal liberal elite ARE the establishment. That you support it and your views are gross to the people of America?

This is a result because of YOU.
I was brought up a bleeding heart Dem liberal Ma$$hole. I had "the attitude". I lived in Nebraska for a while and was totally blown away by the sincere, friendly people there! Went back home to my coastal town and have been an independent leaning towards the right in a blue state since! Now I live in Florida. East coast of Florida has an East Coast attitude, so I moved again to SW Florida. Much nicer people. Some ARE real "rednecks" that I can't even understand but they seem to be in the minority.

The elites need to get their noses out of the clouds. We are ALL Americans. Our "people" sweat their butts off to build this country. Elite attitudes tear it down. Sure, the middle of the country used to be "just" farms but things have changed. Get with the program.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:25 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,017,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
So far, Hillary is ahead in the popular vote by 100k. Last I saw on CNN a few minutes ago is Hillary 58,890,000 v. POS Trump 58,790,000. Chances are she will have won by an even wider margin when all is said and done.

That said - if Trump were a decent, intellectually energetic, nonarrogant man, instead of the vindictive, self-centered, mentally lazy pervert a**** he is, I would have voted for him. Trade and immigration are my top issues. This dirtbag is just the WRONG MESSENGER. A despicable person. I disliked GW, but I could put up with him. I am positively repelled by this smarmy cretin. It is unbelievable a mentally deficient, morally depraved, narcisistic lying, thieving, charlatan such as this can be elected as 'our' leader. A sad and revelatory commentary on the electorate, and an even sadder devolvement into the gutter for this country.
What does popular vote have to do with anything? If popular vote were the way to win an election, both candidates would have run very different campaigns, and you still could have easily ended with a Trump victory.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,492,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yah. I've known a few New Yorkers who viewed most of the rest of the country as existing to serve NYC. Insular, narrow-minded "elites."
The irony is that NYC and surrounding area is one of the most provincial places in the country.

And there is certainly no shortage of uneducated and not so bright people living there.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:31 PM

25,604 posts, read 56,690,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What does popular vote have to do with anything? If popular vote were the way to win an election, both candidates would have run very different campaigns, and you still could have easily ended with a Trump victory.
Reread the quote to which I responded. It said this:
Quote:
He may have insulted a "good portion" of the country, but that "good portion" is not the majority. And, yes, I know all about EVs.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:35 PM

1,553 posts, read 931,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Newsflash, I understand how they feel. And if it becomes clear that Hillary won the popular vote, all the more so. The West Coast, the Northeast, those areas are strong, educated, they think middle America is ridiculous and backward. I think it too. At this point, with this country this polarized, I would prefer the country split. I don't want to subsidize red states anymore. Blue states always give more federal dollars than they receive while red states take more than they contribute. So split the country. I have no use for rural America.

Great post.

Couldn't agree more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections