Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:39 PM

13,636 posts, read 21,465,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yah. I've known a few New Yorkers who viewed most of the rest of the country as existing to serve NYC. Insular, narrow-minded "elites."
sounds like the hunger games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:45 PM

73,193 posts, read 63,056,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What amazes me is that media are actually admitting that they were biased for Clinton and lived in a bubble and believed their own rhetoric. They know this was a vote against them!
Alot of people on both sides are biased for their candidate. Period. I see it where I live in Georgia. One reason I don't discuss politics face to face with someone unless I trust them.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yah. I've known a few New Yorkers who viewed most of the rest of the country as existing to serve NYC. Insular, narrow-minded "elites."
I've met southerners who are insular like that. I grew up around those types. This is all over the USA. As a nation, we are not really as united as we say we are. Better go ahead and admit that.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:04 PM

465 posts, read 306,508 times
I work in Boston but grew up in a very rural part of Rhode Island. Despite it still being New England, the demographics are still night and day. Working in Boston, I do work among a contingent that barely steps foot outside of Cambridge and have no clue about the rest of the country where they depict them as a bunch of poor gun loving conservatives that have an axe to grind with the government (like everybody is the Bundy family from Oregon). There does exist this type of geographical racism (Coastal elites vs Middle America).

Old 11-09-2016, 03:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,587,371 times
I remember reading that people in big cities in the US have more in common with people in other big cities around the world versus those in small towns in the US . It does make sense .

Old 11-09-2016, 03:35 PM

26,216 posts, read 22,387,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Newsflash, I understand how they feel. And if it becomes clear that Hillary won the popular vote, all the more so. The West Coast, the Northeast, those areas are strong, educated, they think middle America is ridiculous and backward. I think it too. At this point, with this country this polarized, I would prefer the country split. I don't want to subsidize red states anymore. Blue states always give more federal dollars than they receive while red states take more than they contribute. So split the country. I have no use for rural America.
Got news for you, many of us don't think much of The West Coast or the Northeast either. Here, illegal aliens and dead people don't vote. We have that covered. We don't hide criminals in sanctuary cities. We believe in the Constitution and law enforcement.

I am sure once you get over your candidate getting kicked to the curb, you'll feel better. The "wound" is new.

No use for rural America? So, you are vegetarian and probably gluten-free?

Funny isn't it that Hillary's supporters were wondering if Trump would throw a tantrum when he lost! Who is throwing the tantrum?

Tantrums do no good. A great day for America! Trump/Pence to the White House. The White Trash go home!

Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
I work in Boston but grew up in a very rural part of Rhode Island. Despite it still being New England, the demographics are still night and day. Working in Boston, I do work among a contingent that barely steps foot outside of Cambridge and have no clue about the rest of the country where they depict them as a bunch of poor gun loving conservatives that have an axe to grind with the government (like everybody is the Bundy family from Oregon). There does exist this type of geographical racism (Coastal elites vs Middle America).
I work in Atlanta but I live out in the exurbs(still living with the folks). Personally, if it was up to my finances(Atlanta is gentrifying fast), I would be in Atlanta proper. I live around the rural/exurban types. I've never seen eye to eye with alot of them when it comes to politics. Now, you live in New England, so I would gather that the politics/mentality that is there might differ from where I live. Where I live, Confederate flags can still be found.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 PM

9,613 posts, read 7,016,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Got news for you, many of us don't think much of The West Coast or the Northeast either. Here, illegal aliens and dead people don't vote. We have that covered. We don't hide criminals in sanctuary cities. We believe in the Constitution and law enforcement.

I am sure once you get over your candidate getting kicked to the curb, you'll feel better. The "wound" is new.

No use for rural America? So, you are vegetarian and probably gluten-free?

Funny isn't it that Hillary's supporters were wondering if Trump would throw a tantrum when he lost! Who is throwing the tantrum?

Tantrums do no good. A great day for America! Trump/Pence to the White House. The White Trash go home!
I think it's Seacove's first loss. How cute.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,641,657 times
Quote:
What an elitist snob! Good gravy. This is why the majority of the American people voted for Trump. They were tired of coastal elites constantly running their lives and grinding them at every turn. I mean you are the epitome of this ridiculous mentality of coastal people who think that middle America is some yee haw country. Well the rest of the country has developed. It's no longer NYC or LA or bust. Several states in the middle of the country aren't backwoods.

Do you not get that the coastal liberal elite ARE the establishment. That you support it and your views are gross to the people of America?

This is a result because of YOU.
Nope. The MAJORITY of American people voted for Clinton. Let that sink in.

Quote:
No, I am gathering this from not just their supporters but the entire media who constantly belittled Trump supporters and claimed that anyone who voted for him was a dolt. These few supporters I cited are just representative of the base voters who really believe that elitist drivel they listened to everyday in the mainstream media.
Well, if the shoe fits. Anyone that voted for Trump IS a dolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've met southerners who are insular like that. I grew up around those types. This is all over the USA. As a nation, we are not really as united as we say we are. Better go ahead and admit that.
Boy - that is something we have learned over the past 8 years and driven home yesterday. Maybe we should just divide our country because each wants little to do with the other.

I just can't decide about the divide. Urban vs Rural? North v south?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:08 PM

9,613 posts, read 7,016,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nope. The MAJORITY of American people voted for Clinton. Let that sink in.

Well, if the shoe fits. Anyone that voted for Trump IS a dolt.

Boy - that is something we have learned over the past 8 years and driven home yesterday. Maybe we should just divide our country because each wants little to do with the other.

I just can't decide about the divide. Urban vs Rural? North v south?
Lol, "the majority" is like less than 1 % more people...about the same difference as Romney 4 years ago.
The division thing is broken up by states. Weird how each one kinda acts like it's own country isn't? Hmmm, I wonder why that is? It's as if the country is actually a bunch of independant states. Funny how states rights becomes important when you're not running the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections