Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:33 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

Getting by in Trump's America?
I rather imagine we (I can't speak for anybody else) will "get by" just as we did in obama's America, and bush's America, etc. all the way back to Eisenhower and Truman (I don't remember much about FDR, I was WAY too young then).
I really don't believe Washington, D.C. politics has all that much effect on the average hourly wage earner. Some of their stupid laws and regulations do, yes, but the politics doesn't, IMO
I sure never noticed it all during my working life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 07:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Haha. We can revisit this in four years. Who knows, he may well prove me wrong. He's certainly proven a lot of people wrong. But as it stands I don't see him ever appealing to the millennial generation.

Yes, Trump beat the weakest democratic candidate in recent history.

You all are missing the point of the post... even in four years he will have a lasting effect on politics and policy in America. I'm appealing to people who are concerned about human rights issues to forward those interests in the most effective way possible under the future administration.
You're missing the point, the biggest human rights issue to be addressed is jobs for as many people as possible that provide a decent standard of living.

If he comes anywhere close to accomplishing that, all the rest is a moot point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections