Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 07:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Manipulation, hate and divisiveness must not have been very effective because the Democrats still lost. The only dynasty disintegrating is the Democratic Party.
Black Lives Matter
KKK
Occupy Wall Street
Black Pathers
etc..

All Democratic groups.. all based on hate..
They hate religion
hate businesses
hate successful individuals
hate hate hate.. Is what makes Democrats so powerful..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 07:30 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
Quote:
Trump didn't count on the fact that while he handily manipulated his way to a victory based on his campaign of hate and divisiveness
Trumps message was about bringing Americans together for the common good. Hillary's was hate and divisiveness. Her media manipulated followers are proving that right now.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:40 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
As usual, I can not join the boycott (not that I want to anyway).
I looked at the list, and there are very few things there that I use on a regular basis. In fact, out of some 27 items, I think there were two that I use at all, and then not often.
It has been that way for nearly every boycott I have seen for at least five years!
All they are is futile posturing.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:47 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
I looked at the list - most of us could not afford Trump products to begin with. Those boycotting Celebrity Apprentice sponsors are only hurting themselves not Trump - he's no longer affiliated with The Apprentice.

There's a call to boycott Fox - how many actually watch Fox that are boycotting - not too many.

Even people I'm friends with on Ebay are whining like 2 yr olds - please people this is not the end of the world - there are those of us that survived Obama - you all will survive Trump!.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:51 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Trump didn't count on the fact that while he handily manipulated his way to a victory based on his campaign of hate and divisiveness (which was admittedly very effective) - he was effectively setting up half the American population, and others opponents all over the world, to vote with their wallets.

Not sure that Trump really had any idea how damaging becoming President would be to his businesses, and his brands. All he was thinking about (assuming he was thinking at all) was how fantastic it would be to win, at any cost.

And so it begins. Trump's will watch his dynasty disintegrate under his feet, because the boycott of his brands has begun in earnest.

Any quick google search will find convenient lists of his brands, should anyone feel the desire to vote with their wallet. Here are a few.

A Boycott on Trump Brands Urges Consumers to Hit Ivanka, Retailers in the Wallet

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ryan-...0222197459365/
Ivanka too. Stores are pulling her clothing line because of sales down and customer complaints.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:09 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Most hated man in the world. Hmm. Nope.

He was just elected President of the USA.
He was elected by some haters - some scary- and people who were ignorant of is divisiveness. The FBI maliciously stabbed people's last hope for Hilly-- and thus is was so-

I want to see the connection of the FBI- Juliani and TRUMP.
notice NOBODY is asking--

Old 11-12-2016, 08:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Trumps message was about bringing Americans together for the common good. Hillary's was hate and divisiveness. Her media manipulated followers are proving that right now.
WTF ??

Old 11-12-2016, 08:10 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I looked at the list - most of us could not afford Trump products to begin with. Those boycotting Celebrity Apprentice sponsors are only hurting themselves not Trump - he's no longer affiliated with The Apprentice.

There's a call to boycott Fox - how many actually watch Fox that are boycotting - not too many.

Even people I'm friends with on Ebay are whining like 2 yr olds - please people this is not the end of the world - there are those of us that survived Obama - you all will survive Trump!.
You underestimate how violent some Trump supporters are. Before the election we were almost run off the road by Trump supporters because we had a BERNIE sticker on the cars. My SIL had one throw a bottle into his windshield. Not violence?

My daughter is gay and married to a woman. Besides all her rights be taken away during a Trump Presidency, she is also very afraid of being attacked now.

We now not only have Trump, but we have Paul Ryan agenda on the table. Pocket book issues. Seniors are now worried (did not know this?) about their "government dole" Social Security and Medicare.

Besides all the hate crimes starting against Minorities and LGTB, there will be a lot pocketbook issues, in my case SS and Medicare. SS will die a sooner death when younger people take a portion out to put in private retirement funds. I do not want some voucher instead of Medicare to give to any insurance company to make them richer. Yes, financial issues with a Republican controlled congress and President.

You have to look at the big picture. If everything happens as planned, you will not recognize this country in 4 years. As an old person, let me say this. You cannot relive the past. The Happy Days 1950's America are never coming back.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
I've never bought a Trump product or patronized a Trump business so I'll just continue to do what I've been doing....not spending a dime on anything associated with that name.

Easy peasy.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:04 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Aww, that's so cute. Like the whiny little children protesting Trump were ever going to buy a suit or nice dress anyway. Unless Ivanka's like specializes in tie dye and burlap sacks I don't think she will notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections