Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 01:37 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times

Advertisements

I thank the initial posters for their thoughtful essays. This American appreciates their opinions.

I believe the Clinton Cabal of the Democratic Party lost the election because they ignored the people that should be voting for the principals of the Democratic Party because the Clinton's forgot those principals. I believe The Donald sold his flim-flam because he promised everything without being bothered by telling the gullible how he was going to "make America Great (or white) Again.

Well we shall se what actually happens. Please wish us good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 01:41 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,309,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Donald sold his flim-flam because he promised everything without being bothered by telling the gullible how he was going to "make America Great (or white) Again.

I do not agree with the racial interpretation is this election...actually Trump got more black and Latino vote than Romney did in 2012....

Illegal immigration control is just common sense that should not be up to discussion between left and right....a good example of this is Australia...they take illegal immigration very seriously no matter who is in charge.

You get stopped in Australia by the Police for any reason, even a traffic stop and they figure out you are an illegal immigrant?? You are going to a detention center and then deported, period...is not up for discussion.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:42 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,073,628 times
I'm willing to bet that many of the people who voted for Trump voted for the first time in twenty five years.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:44 PM

The failure of the Democratic Party is in full display with the crumbling of the famous electoral "blue wall".

Old 11-14-2016, 01:17 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,737,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The failure of the Democratic Party is in full display with the crumbling of the famous electoral "blue wall".
I don't dislike the democrats. It is just they play this race card way too much even when it makes no sense, and even lead to discrimination. For example, the Affirmative Action proposal angered many Asian parents - they are not even the majority, but have to suffer from the democrats' farce because all of a sudden a Chinese kid would have to score 30 points higher than a latino kid in order to get into UCLA, despite the fact the political status of Asians are close to zero and no politician ever care about them.

And may I repeat it again, the fact Hilary Clinton is even considered a left/liberal is a gigantic joke.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't dislike the democrats. It is just they play this race card way too much even when it makes no sense, and even lead to discrimination. For example, the Affirmative Action proposal angered many Asian parents - they are not even the majority, but have to suffer from the democrats' farce because all of a sudden a Chinese kid would have to score 30 points higher than a latino kid in order to get into UCLA, despite the fact the political status of Asians are close to zero and no politician ever care about them.
I dislike both the GOP and Democrats...they are both a joke.

Quote:
And may I repeat it again, the fact Hilary Clinton is even considered a left/liberal is a gigantic joke.

I absolutely agree.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
Jessie Jacksons take on the election=
Jesse Jackson: The right to vote in America has been fractured | Chicago Sun-Times

Old 11-15-2016, 08:48 AM

295 posts, read 264,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
When Jessie Jackson doesn't get what he wants, he complains about rigged system. Electoral college exists for more than 200 years and everyone knows the rules.

Since we are in Canada, I would like to remind about the past Canadian general elections - liberals got only 39.47% of popular vote, yet got 184 seats at the House of Commons - absolute majority, thus they were able to form a majority government. We can also say here that our right to vote has been fractured. But we don't - these are the rules and there were no protests of conservatives / NDP about unfair elections...

Old 11-15-2016, 09:05 AM

295 posts, read 264,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
When Jessie Jackson doesn't get what he wants, he complains about rigged system. Electoral college exists for more than 200 years and everyone knows the rules.

Since we are in Canada, I would like to remind about the past Canadian general elections - liberals got only 39.47% of popular vote, yet got 184 seats at the House of Commons - absolute majority, thus they were able to form a majority government. We can also say here that our right to vote has been fractured. But we don't - these are the rules and there were no protests of conservatives / NDP about unfair elections...

Also in 1979 general elections in Canada the liberals received 40% of popular vote, while got only 114 seats. On the other hand conservatives received less than 36% of the popular vote, yet won 136 seats. So, despite receiving 4% less popular vote, conservatives were the winning party and formed the government.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:11 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,335,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

True, Asians usally never make an issue out of something, they just do their work, pay their taxes and contribute to society. They have more than average income and education. I guess that is similar in Canada, with large Asian communities for example in Vancouver. It is also similar in Germany, with large Japanese communities in Düsseldorf. They are usually not involved in all the crime in the streets (certainly exceptions apply). Now giving them a useless barrier to score 30 points higher just to support other minorities is racism too, just reversed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections