Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:43 AM

17,546 posts, read 9,351,864 times

Advertisements

To all those that think "any other" would have won against Hillary .....
Consider that the "any other" couldn't even beat Mr Trump.

YES - Trump was the choice of Candidate for Clinton INC and they miscalculated "Biggly".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 04:49 AM

2,530 posts, read 3,433,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
She lost because all her crooked secrets saw the light of day, with low energy, lightweight, little and lyin opposition, they would have just run a different campaign, they wouldnt' have screamed 'she's a crook' from the mountaintops like Trump did. He WILLED himself into the office, these other guys would'nt have been as forceful
Yes, I know *why* Clinton lost. My earlier post was for the link to communication leaks about what Clinton and her team believed and how Clinton schemed to ensure her 'sure' win if Trump was her opponent. The media and her supporters are still trying to figure out how they miscalculated so badly. It's impossible to find truth when one exists in an echo chamber of lies.

The point was, Clinton and her team had the media help manipulate the election. It backfired spectacularly. But it is important that people see how deceiving the news sources have been.

Eyes Wide Shut.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:05 AM

2,530 posts, read 3,433,838 times
Over in the Northern Virginia forum, there were comments back in March 2016 about Hillary supporters telling Democrats to vote for Trump in the Republican ballot. To 'mess with the results.' Comment #23.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...primary-3.html

So, it would seem that Clinton supporters were given instructions to meddle and manipulate. Win by any means necessary, etc. It backfired on her, but still....HIGHLY unethcial. The news groups refuse to acknowledge anything slimy the Democrats do.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:30 AM

5,298 posts, read 6,254,717 times
I think she would have lost to all except possibly Cruz or Bush. Too many traditional Ds stayed home. A different R candidate would have gotten less of the populist vote (especially Bush) but held more of their own base.

The truth is neither of these two exceeded 47% in a lower turnout election.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:35 AM

11,969 posts, read 25,563,870 times
4 Never Trump third party candidates got nearly 5 million votes, Hillary lost 1.2 million votes to Stein. Trump got fewer votes than McCain or Romney. This year I think the Republicans win with just about anyone. It was 1968 all over again.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:30 PM

485 posts, read 969,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
There's no chance in hell any of the other GOP primary candidates could have pulled together as much support as Trump did, he talked to people who haven't voted in decades and brought in support from people who have steered clear of politics for a long time.
I questioned a while ago if Trump was truly the candidate to throw at Hillary. However, after watching his rallies, his words, his effort, I REALLY doubt anyone else could have beat Hillary. She was the "annointed" one and that is a tough nut to crack. She had a decent economy (not great but not bad), no wars, full support from the media, a LOT of money, etc. Trump was raw, unfiltered, and plenty of skeletons to drag out. Don't kid yourself for a minute that the press didn't have skeletons-in-waiting for any of the other candidates had they have won the nomination. And none of the others had the guts to go full-bore after Hillary's "junk" like Trump did. They would have received the same skewering from the press for doing so and would have backed off in order to appear "polite" which would not have sat well with many Republican voters this year. Trump supporters loved his brash, go-for-broke style and it grew on enough other folks (like me) in the battleground states for us to go out and vote.

In the beginning, I liked the more conservative candidates, however, with Pence on the ticket and Hillary on the other side, I voted for him without hesitation. I believe a lot of others like me did as well.

One month after the election, I'm even more excited about him (and the fact that Hillary lost) and the direction of our country. Political correctness has not been wiped out but it's been dealt a good, healthy blow!

Old 12-16-2016, 01:36 PM

649 posts, read 317,951 times
NO ! Americans are sick of Obama's failed policies which Clinton ran on .

Old 12-16-2016, 02:35 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,860,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Like say, if Kasich or Cruz were the Republican nominees this election instead.
Donald Trump won partially because Hillary was such a bad candidate. There is no other reason any candidate should be able to run a campaign like Trump did and win, but Hillary was that bad and had so much baggage surrounding her. I think Kasich would have beat Hillary. Cruz probably would have lost as he would have been able to win the Blue Wall. Cruz's campaign would have likely focused on social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and non-discrimination laws, and that doesn't resonate with voters outside the Bible Belt.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:47 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,130,743 times
I think John Kasich, and Marco Rubio all could have won against Hillary and probably an even bigger margin than Trump. Ted Cruz is a problem because he is a religious wacko which would have hurt him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections