Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,822,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

He denounced them, what more do you want? One can't control the world around them 100%. That's reality.
Uh no, he put one in the highest position in the White House. That isn't denouncing, that's embracing.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:24 AM

35,851 posts, read 21,265,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
I'm a Mexican too, and voted Trump. I guess i hate myself according to these leftists

Apparently to the left/media minority Trump supporters simply "don't exist" and "all" Trump voters are these racist white red-neck types

I don't care what color anyone is or from what country their roots are- I think some people just have NO clue who our elected are- and unless you really are up close--- most have just NO idea and go by what the media tells them - Hillary was no saint- but just wait- until some one shows you their hoofs....

Old 11-14-2016, 10:25 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,822,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don't care what color anyone is or from what country their roots are- I think some people just have NO clue who our elected are- and unless you really are up close--- most have just NO idea and go by what the media tells them - Hillary was no saint- but just wait- until some one shows you their hoofs....
Their lives are going to get much worse, and they're too clueless to realize it or care.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:27 AM

6,179 posts, read 7,294,178 times
Well people with less education are more vulnerable to get suckered

Old 11-14-2016, 10:30 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,512,524 times
You lost libs/team dem. The country doesn't want you in charge of congress or the presidency. Fail. And the endless playing of the race card didn't help your team. And it didn't help many in the media who played it over and over and over again ad nauseam yet many of you double/triple down on the same game. Keep playing that game and your party will continue to be irrelevant.

When will the "Educated" one's wake up I wonder to reality?

Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,395,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Oh, FFS.

There is a difference between saying that all Trump voters are racists and saying that racists tend to be attracted to Trumpian rhetoric.
And those that love their victim status (ie some blacks and lesbians) are attracted to Clintonian rhetoric.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,492,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It's OK you don't have to apologize or explain. Lots of people that aren't overtly racist (or think that they aren't) voted for Donald Trump. A lot of different reasons for that decision, but in the end it does not matter. You get the whole package with Trump, both the parts you like, and that parts that promote a white nationalist like Stephen Bannon to be the "chief strategist". Whether you like it or not, you are standing shoulder to shoulder with Trump's xenophobes. And that's OK - because for now it's a free country with free elections and you are welcome to vote for or against your own interests.
No different than Liberals who are standing shoulder to shoulder with anarchists on the streets destroying property and worse.

Both parties have undesirable elements. They are allowed to vote. Both parties need to keep their fringe lunatics under some sort of control.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,488,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
That's right.

Oh, and I'm Latino by the way, which means I apparently hate most of my friends and family (who also voted Trump, by the way).

And I especially don't like my wife, who is Chinese (and voted Trump). I forgot to mention, my wife currently works for the family and I'm a stay-at-home dad, so that makes me a sexist too.

Yep. we're all typical racist Trump voters.
I'm a bigoted black Trump voter.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:34 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,627,176 times
Okay, here's the thing. Let's give Trump the benefit of the doubt for sake of argument, and say maybe he really isn't a racist. But surely at some point he must have realized that his campaign was attracting a rather high number of people who are. Wouldn't that have been a good point to take a look at his rhetoric, and alter it to avoid drawing support from people with whom he claimed to disagree?

I mean, seriously, if you discovered that the things you were saying were encouraging behavior you found loathsome, wouldn't you thing about maybe not saying them anymore?

Old 11-14-2016, 10:36 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,395,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You may not be, but you propped up a man who is and who is followed by extremist racists. Maybe you're not concerned, but those of us who are minorities who will suffer under this administration are scared. Your lack of empathy is obvious.

What did Trump promise you that you actually think will happen?
Hispanics are more interested in the economy and much less interested in race politics. Sure, many Hispanics were infected by AAs and the LGBTQ philosophy of victimization after the words of Trump, but in the end most want a decent economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections