Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 10:39 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,397,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Okay, here's the thing. Let's give Trump the benefit of the doubt for sake of argument, and say maybe he really isn't a racist. But surely at some point he must have realized that his campaign was attracting a rather high number of people who are. Wouldn't that have been a good point to take a look at his rhetoric, and alter it to avoid drawing support from people with whom he claimed to disagree?

I mean, seriously, if you discovered that the things you were saying were encouraging behavior you found loathsome, wouldn't you thing about maybe not saying them anymore?
The racist vote was negligible. The reason Trump won is that Hillary did not talk to the folks in rural areas. And Hillary would have lost to anyone including Mickey Mouse.

7,068 posts, read 6,516,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Hispanics are more interested in the economy and much less interested in race politics. Sure, many Hispanics were infected by AAs and the LGBTQ philosophy of victimization after the words of Trump, but in the end most want a decent economy.
yep, in the end, "it's the economy, stupid".

More than a few libs/team dem seem to be controlling freaks and are obsessed with "ist"....racist, sexist, etc. They seem to want to control everyone, thinking in the fantasy world that everyone will agree/accept everyone else. Sure would be nice but that's not reality. That kind of thinking/beliefs usually comes from parents. Perhaps the controlling one's should start trying to control parents and how they bring up their kids. Good luck with that in a free society.

35,856 posts, read 21,273,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm a bigoted black Trump voter.

well at least you are clear of who you are- good for you!!-- you know the dislike for others is cut 1000 ways- I have seen racism in Latin American countries- Asian countries, Mexico- Europe- Africa- what not- some just hate people-- enjoy--each other company.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:49 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,494,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Okay, here's the thing. Let's give Trump the benefit of the doubt for sake of argument, and say maybe he really isn't a racist. But surely at some point he must have realized that his campaign was attracting a rather high number of people who are. Wouldn't that have been a good point to take a look at his rhetoric, and alter it to avoid drawing support from people with whom he claimed to disagree?

I mean, seriously, if you discovered that the things you were saying were encouraging behavior you found loathsome, wouldn't you thing about maybe not saying them anymore?

No. Majority of Americans see securing the border as in our economic or national security interests.

We should stop talking about it and demanding our govt do something about it because some small group of racists agrees with the position only because they don't want more people of different races/ethnicities in the country? That makes no sense.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:49 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,299,603 times
Quote:
Come sit by me....I'm a white, educated female Trump voter.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:50 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,795,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
That's right.

Oh, and I'm Latino by the way, which means I apparently hate most of my friends and family (who also voted Trump, by the way).

And I especially don't like my wife, who is Chinese (and voted Trump). I forgot to mention, my wife currently works for the family and I'm a stay-at-home dad, so that makes me a sexist too.

Yep. we're all typical racist Trump voters.
Get over yourself, please.

If you're justified with the way you voted, then you wouldn't need to waste time attempting to prove yourself or some silly point.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,823,804 times
Quote:
Fortunately, your vote was meaningless in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections