Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:25 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times

Advertisements

Clinton worked plenty hard, she simply dismissed half the country as "deplorables". Gee, wonder what happened
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 11:02 AM

8,692 posts, read 11,078,805 times
I remember watching the news the day before the election. It was reported Trump went to 5 cities in one day. Obama went to pitch for Hillary in 4 different cities. Hillary only did 3 cities. We all know the turnout at these rallies. That says a lot

Old 11-15-2016, 12:51 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Even Obama threw some serious shade at HRC today ...

"I won Iowa not because demographics dictated that I would win, it was because I spent 87 days going to every small town (in Iowa)."

Well, it's a caucus, and he bused people in from all over the state.....

Nonetheless, Iowa stunned Hillary. So much so, two people even wrote a book about it: Game Change. That's right. The "game change" wasn't Sarah Palin, it was Obama's win in Iowa. Sure, the media made it about Palin, and the authors even changed the book's intro to reflect that (I have the original), but she was not the game change. She and McCain are IN there, yes, as is Elizabeth Edwards accosting her philandering, distant husband at an airport terminal, ripping open her blouse to reveal her cancer-scarred chest, and screaming Look at me! But they're merely asides. The game change was Obama, and Hillary didn't see it coming.

Hillary's reaction to the game change was priceless--storming out of the hotel bedroom with her bathrobe flapping after she heard her husband and team reacting to Obama's Iowa win. Uh-oh. I can only imagine what her reaction was last Tuesday.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:02 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, it wasn't the fire in the belly. It was the electoral college. Hillary won the popular vote by millions. So that means the people wanted her not trump.
Someone's not aware of how presidents are elected. The EC was established by the founders, in their wisdom, for a reason. I suggest you learn what that is.

It's a big country from the east coast to CA. And the voters in those states are just as important as those on the west coast, who have 3 hours to respond to the voting trend they see splashed on TV on election night.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:21 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, it wasn't the fire in the belly. It was the electoral college. Hillary won the popular vote by millions. So that means the people wanted her not trump.
No, it means the people of New York and the "left coast" wanted her in much larger numbers. Look at the precinct by precinct map and it is easy to see that geographically, the majority wanted Trump.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:48 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,078,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
No, it means the people of New York and the "left coast" wanted her in much larger numbers. Look at the precinct by precinct map and it is easy to see that geographically, the majority wanted Trump.
you mean NYC. NYS not incl NYC is pretty red. If its NYC and California, the rest of the country will have very little say.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:50 PM

52 posts, read 97,472 times
make Kissimmee great again !!!! 4 years of real hope and change .. !!!! lovin every minute .

Old 12-07-2016, 04:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Even Obama threw some serious shade at HRC today ...

"I won Iowa not because demographics dictated that I would win, it was because I spent 87 days going to every small town (in Iowa)."
Yes indeedie. Hillary was lazy or drunk.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:51 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Anyone watching how differently these two campaigned should not be shocked at the results. Trump went everywhere. Even if odds stacked against him in a particular State, he still went. He spoke his message directly to the people. HRC sporadically did a 20 minute "rally". She was very good at fundraising. She was not very good at getting her message directly to the voters.
I talked about this extensively in plenty of my pre election posts, Trump is a builder and creater of tangible things, Hillary is a 'paper' candidate, she wasn't going to have hard hat in hand on ground floors building and creating physical things, Trump will be doing that, he's done it all his life and so have his kids, there's going to be a lot of buildings built and a lot of infrastructure fixed in the next 4 years, i told a person i know the other day, if you're an out of work construction worker, you might not be out of work for long, the jobs that will be created just on construction projects alone will be in the hundreds of thousands, america is going to get built back brick by brick by ameican hands......and there were still people who voted for hillary because trump MIGHT HAVE SAID Miss Piggy.

Incredible how close we came to having the worst candidate any party has ever run in this country, hillary wasn't going to make anything or build anything, she was going to sit around shuffling papers and transferring pay for play money from bank to bank.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:35 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
People also forget Hillary's health is questionable. She's on lots of meds to get her through the debates after a collapse in NYC in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections