Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 04:37 PM

31,028 posts, read 19,620,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Nonsense. You're not "trying to understand" anything, and you know it. You're just trolling, but you don't have the intellectual honesty to admit it - so you hide behind this silly "oh, help me understand!" smokescreen.

"Love Trumps hate" was never anything more than a catchy bumpersticker, and everyone always knew it. The point of the slogan is that a worldview which is rooted more in love and acceptance for humanity in general is healthier, more mature, and more suited for a national leader than one that is based upon a hatred and hostility for anyone who is different or wants different things than you want.

This is a relatively simple concept, but - as is always the case when attempting to have a serious discussion with a Trumpling - it's difficult to tell whether you're simply pretending to be intellectually incapable of comprehending it, so that you can do that cutesy, coy thing you like to do, or if it genuinely is too complex for you to grasp. Doesn't really matter that much, though, because either way the response is pretty much the same - bottom line is that your cultmaster is such a despicable, revolting, loathsome puddle of skunk vomit that hating everything about the vile POS really is the only socially acceptable and emotionally healthy response to him.
How many times are you going to post this? Your microaggression has caused me to require a safe space to color and drink hot cocoa.

The hatred by the Left has caused Americans to vote Republicans to control the House, Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court, and virtually every state. If in fact Liberals employed love to trump hate, the opposite would be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 05:36 PM

7,587 posts, read 6,678,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How many times are you going to post this? Your microaggression has caused me to require a safe space to color and drink hot cocoa.
I assumed that was a given. Seeing a lot of that from Trumplings the last few days. At first I thought they figured they were just being devastatingly witty and clever and all that, but more and more I'm starting to realize they're actually telling the truth.

Quote:
The hatred by the Left has caused Americans to vote Republicans to control the House, Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court, and virtually every state. If in fact Liberals employed love to trump hate, the opposite would be the case.
More nonsense, but if it makes you feel better to believe it by all means keep telling yourself whatever you have to hear. The Democrats lost primarily because Hillary was an absolutely horrible candidate, and no matter how many times the voters tried to bring that to the attention of the DNC, they ignored them and kept pressing forward.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:30 PM

31,028 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I assumed that was a given. Seeing a lot of that from Trumplings the last few days. At first I thought they figured they were just being devastatingly witty and clever and all that, but more and more I'm starting to realize they're actually telling the truth.

More nonsense, but if it makes you feel better to believe it by all means keep telling yourself whatever you have to hear. The Democrats lost primarily because Hillary was an absolutely horrible candidate, and no matter how many times the voters tried to bring that to the attention of the DNC, they ignored them and kept pressing forward.
Lovin the denial....keep it up and it will seal the 60+ Republicans Senators needed in 2018 (early prediction is 62 Republicans Senators in 2019)....looking forward to great times for America.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:58 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,467,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I'll care as much about your dislike for Trump as liberals cared about my dislike for Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
....So you can see why it is funny for Trump supporters to expect liberals to not hate Trump, and to give him a chance.
I don't expect liberals not to hate Trump and give him a chance.

I'm saying that I don't care any more about their feelings than they care about mine.

It seems that THEY are the ones complaining that Trump won't do things their way.

Obama didn't do things my way, so I'd say we're even.

You can stop complaining now, libs.

It's not going to get you anywhere.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:03 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,467,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I take it you didn't exist when Obama was elected with people rioting in the streets holding signs of nooses up calling for him to be executed or sent back to Kenya did you?
Didn't happen.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:37 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,053,291 times
Quote:

I'm saying that I don't care any more about their feelings than they care about mine.

It seems that THEY are the ones complaining that Trump won't do things their way.

I actually cannot wait for January 2017. Since Republicans claim to be so superior in policies and governing to Democrats, with a Republican majority in all three branches of government, they have to put their money where their mouth is and show us. After all, they now have 0 excuses why their policies/bills/laws won't be 100% successful. I'll be eating lots of popcorn until 2020, that's for sure

Old 11-22-2016, 11:26 AM

979 posts, read 493,980 times
Quote:
From what I've seen of Liberals, the phrase 'love trumps hate' means you should form gangs of young black men and attack older white men (gang against white man) that may have voted for Trump and shoot cops.
Ah, so you are only seeing what you want to see....that makes more sense, you should have said that in the beginning.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:29 AM

7,760 posts, read 5,585,000 times
As evident by the comments in this thread. The Alt Right is full of extremely hateful confused people.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:42 PM

979 posts, read 493,980 times
Quote:

Why should liberals give him a chance? What chance was given to Obama? Besides, he is currently filling his cabinet, so the chances have already been given and he is responding poorly. This is politics, not your sister's new boyfriend, people are going to react the way they react regardless if you like it or not.

This isn't about which way Trump will do things, it is about serious things, like potentially wanting to bring back waterboarding, registering people due to their religious beliefs, massive conflicts of interest, and so on. If none of this bothers you, then it is probably be because he had an R after his name. I am sure if Hillary won, your reaction would be much different and you wouldn't be wanting to just "give her a chance."

In case you are wondering, no, I didn't vote for Hillary, I expected her to get the presidential win and be a horrible one term president. So, I wasn't planning on giving her a chance either, but for some reason you think we have to give Trump a chance....

Old 11-22-2016, 04:56 PM

16,952 posts, read 16,836,358 times
Actually love and hate are similar emotions.

Like love, hate is often seemingly irrational and can lead to similar acts of extreme behavior - both heroic and evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections