Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 07:43 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
dear liberals, please read.

Dear liberals: Start practicing the empathy you preach | New York Post

And walk the walk. Hypocrisy doesn't look pretty on you.
The funny part is, I don't think most of them even realize their extreme hypocrisy....well the sheeple that allow themselves to be manipulated don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 07:56 PM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There is no 'love' in the liberals love trumps hate meaningless statement. I temporarily forgot that liberals mean the opposite of what they say so I'll interpret for the rest of us....a liberal saying love trumps hate means their hatred will trump love.
Guess you aren't understanding it, I was at a protest yesterday and there was lots of love among the protesters. Maybe you should actually turn the tv off and see first hand what "love trumps hate" really means.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Guess you aren't understanding it, I was at a protest yesterday and there was lots of love among the protesters. Maybe you should actually turn the tv off and see first hand what "love trumps hate" really means.
Mike Pence went to see 'Hamilton' and got booed - Business Insider

Anti-Trump protests, some violent, erupt for 3rd night nationwide

Anti-Trump protests: Portland police call it 'riot' - CNN.com

"Love" in the boos and rioting/violence with love perhaps?

Guess I'm missing something. And certainly not "understanding it".

So no thanks, I have productive things to do in life as do many working people who have to earn a living. But enjoy your "love" fests.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Mike Pence went to see 'Hamilton' and got booed - Business Insider

Anti-Trump protests, some violent, erupt for 3rd night nationwide

Anti-Trump protests: Portland police call it 'riot' - CNN.com

"Love" in the boos and rioting/violence with love perhaps?

Guess I'm missing something. And certainly not "understanding it".

So no thanks, I have productive things to do in life as do many working people who have to earn a living. But enjoy your "love" fests.
Worse things have happened to officials in theaters, ask Lincoln. Plus, did Pence need a safe place to go where he was void of any criticism? Is he our Snowflake Vice President? Love doesn't mean people get a pass on criticism.

Oh, you assume people who protest don't work, that's cute. I will remember to tell my accountant that when I see him after Thanksgiving to go over how much I will have to pay in taxes this year. Heck, I am sure everyone who was at that protest would get a good laugh out of the notion that they are somehow not working because they are protesting on a Saturday afternoon.

I guess American Conservatives need a safe place they can go to hide from any form of protest or criticism....makes me wonder who the real snowflakes are.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:18 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Worse things have happened to officials in theaters, ask Lincoln. Plus, did Pence need a safe place to go where he was void of any criticism? Is he our Snowflake Vice President? Love doesn't mean people get a pass on criticism.

Oh, you assume people who protest don't work, that's cute. I will remember to tell my accountant that when I see him after Thanksgiving to go over how much I will have to pay in taxes this year. Heck, I am sure everyone who was at that protest would get a good laugh out of the notion that they are somehow not working because they are protesting on a Saturday afternoon.

I guess American Conservatives need a safe place they can go to hide from any form of protest or criticism....makes me wonder who the real snowflakes are.
You missed the point of my post and that was the protests you say are about love are anything but and I provided data where there was not widespread love but violence and rioting. And lots of whining with therapy dogs, coloring books, cry ins, etc.

And no, I didn't say people who protest don't work. My point was I have more important things to accomplish in my own life than "protesting" a valid election regardless who won or lost which includes earning a living/doing things I and perhaps others might enjoy more in life. The simple reality is the time to "protest" was at the voting booth which almost half the nation decided not to partake in. Missed opportunities for almost half the nation, many of whom are whining about trump getting elected.

But if it makes you feel better to protest, share "love", more power to you. You have a right to your freedom of speech as long as it's not violent, rioting, etc. And while booing isn't against one's rights, it is counterproductive to the goal at hand which is to persuade others to see another view point. Take it for what it's worth but I think a 2 way dialogue/no booing goes a bit further. Your love fest sure needs more buyers it appears on your side.

So enjoy your love fest. As I've stated earlier, IMHO, it's a waste of time as the time to "protest" was at the voting booth. I'd suggest a protest/love fest in teaching more than a few of those protestors who didn't vote yet complain over the results and get some of them registered to vote and actually follow through next time. And for those at the protest who did vote, protest a little louder and wake up the many who didn't vote beyond your love protest.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:08 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Quote:

American Conservatives might grouse and grumble but we don't indulge in rioting, looting, beating up people, arson, property damage, theft and things like that and don't try and pretend that such has not happened since the election. It has even infected our schools. Trump supporters have been beaten up by their own classmates for supporting Trump in mock school elections. My own granddaughter, who is 23, was de-friended by a friend she had had since elementary school for being a pro-life conservative She didn't like Trump but she refused to vote for Hillary and said as much on her FB page so her friend sent her an email telling her they couldn't be friends anymore because of their political differences. My granddaughter was crushed. (I see this as a fine example of liberal hate for anything "not liberal").

One of Hillary's big mistakes--and it's a mistake seen widely in the liberal community--is that she insulted those who were Trump supporters. Most people don't take kindly to a constant barrage of insults and if they were uncommitted to any particular candidate before, that kind of rhetoric, both from Hillary and from liberals everywhere, may have been enough to push them into the Trump camp. While Trump lobbed plenty of insults at Hillary he was not given to hurling constant insults at her supporters.

And then there is this appalling video of a mother throwing her 7 year old out of the house because he voted for Trump in his school's mock election. Her seven year old child!! For God's sake, what is wrong with some people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX3RWz-tK8g

Old 11-20-2016, 09:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The funny part is, I don't think most of them even realize their extreme hypocrisy....well the sheeple that allow themselves to be manipulated don't.
Conservatives, the most hypocritical people on the planet, whining about other people's hypocrisy. Oh the irony.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
American Conservatives might grouse and grumble but we don't indulge in rioting, looting, beating up people, arson, property damage, theft and things like that and don't try and pretend that such has not happened since the election.
I take it you didn't exist when Obama was elected with people rioting in the streets holding signs of nooses up calling for him to be executed or sent back to Kenya did you?

My how short a memory you people have.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:14 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I take it you didn't exist when Obama was elected with people rioting in the streets holding signs of nooses up calling for him to be executed or sent back to Kenya did you?

My how short a memory you people have.
Those were Democrats paid for by the DNC dirty tricks team.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You missed the point of my post and that was the protests you say are about love are anything but and I provided data where there was not widespread love but violence and rioting. And lots of whining with therapy dogs, coloring books, cry ins, etc.

And no, I didn't say people who protest don't work. My point was I have more important things to accomplish in my own life than "protesting" a valid election regardless who won or lost which includes earning a living/doing things I and perhaps others might enjoy more in life. The simple reality is the time to "protest" was at the voting booth which almost half the nation decided not to partake in. Missed opportunities for almost half the nation, many of whom are whining about trump getting elected.

But if it makes you feel better to protest, share "love", more power to you. You have a right to your freedom of speech as long as it's not violent, rioting, etc. And while booing isn't against one's rights, it is counterproductive to the goal at hand which is to persuade others to see another view point. Take it for what it's worth but I think a 2 way dialogue/no booing goes a bit further. Your love fest sure needs more buyers it appears on your side.

So enjoy your love fest. As I've stated earlier, IMHO, it's a waste of time as the time to "protest" was at the voting booth. I'd suggest a protest/love fest in teaching more than a few of those protestors who didn't vote yet complain over the results and get some of them registered to vote and actually follow through next time. And for those at the protest who did vote, protest a little louder and wake up the many who didn't vote beyond your love protest.
Well where I live, there is a big difference between those that are protesting and those that are causing violence. Also, just because that might be the message for some, it doesn't mean it is the message for all. The protest I was a part of yesterday involved no violence and didn't even require having police involved in it.

Also, I will state this again, protesting isn't a waste of time unless you are one who doesn't support freedom. Our country was founded on protest, so to say protesting is a waste of time is like saying the formation of this country was pointless.

As for the booing that Pence received at Hamilton, that was from the audience, not the cast. Which there is nothing wrong with people choosing to boo someone they don't like. I hear boos all the time when I go to basketball games where plays or players people don't like take it upon themselves to boo. If booing bothers someone, then that person might be a special snowflake in need of a safe place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections