Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 05:39 PM

3,369 posts, read 1,988,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm honoring him by adhering to his policy of hate and division. He's such a fabulous con artist, that he convinced me that degrading, demeaning and insulting people is the way to go.

He said a judge couldn't do his job because of his Mexican heritage. He repeatedly insulted a gold star mother and father who lost their son. He said disgusting things about women.

He said Obama was an illegal president. He said the system is rigged and the results of the election cannot be trusted and the electoral college is a sham.

He said it is smart not to pay taxes.

He insulted and degraded anyone who did not agree with him.

He threw people out of his rallies who did not conform to his thought. He laughed when his cult punched them, shoved them and threw them into the freezing cold without coats.

He called people doing their jobs sleazebags and banned them in his zeal to suppress the free press.

He showed no respect for our current president, our past president or for his opposition. He lied and lied and lied to get votes.

He complimented thug dictators who murder people.

So Donny--you sold me. I'm going to act just like you did. I will treat you the way you treated everyone else. You tried to deligitimize our POTUS (who twice won both the EC and the popular vote, btw) and you demeaned and insulted a former president by dredging up pathetic old women and exploiting them. You have convinced me you are not legitimate.

Thing is--I'm not as gracious, forgiving or as a good a person as Obama and Bill Clinton. Now I feel as you did. You are an illegitimate president who I will insult and laugh at, because imitation is the greatest form of flattery right? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Wow that's some burden you are carrying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 05:44 PM

30,945 posts, read 19,549,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I've never been happier about an election outcome either and I've been voting since the 60's. I think we really dodged a bullet by defeating Hillary Clinton. Not saying that I think Trump is going to be a great president - I just think it's time to break up the political elitist establishment and get some fresh blood in the arena.
Many people, including me, felt the exact same way.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:44 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,957,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm honoring him by adhering to his policy of hate and division. He's such a fabulous con artist, that he convinced me that degrading, demeaning and insulting people is the way to go.

He said a judge couldn't do his job because of his Mexican heritage. He repeatedly insulted a gold star mother and father who lost their son. He said disgusting things about women.

He said Obama was an illegal president. He said the system is rigged and the results of the election cannot be trusted and the electoral college is a sham.

He said it is smart not to pay taxes.

He insulted and degraded anyone who did not agree with him.

He threw people out of his rallies who did not conform to his thought. He laughed when his cult punched them, shoved them and threw them into the freezing cold without coats.

He called people doing their jobs sleazebags and banned them in his zeal to suppress the free press.

He showed no respect for our current president, our past president or for his opposition. He lied and lied and lied to get votes.

He complimented thug dictators who murder people.

So Donny--you sold me. I'm going to act just like you did. I will treat you the way you treated everyone else. You tried to deligitimize our POTUS (who twice won both the EC and the popular vote, btw) and you demeaned and insulted a former president by dredging up pathetic old women and exploiting them. You have convinced me you are not legitimate.

Thing is--I'm not as gracious, forgiving or as a good a person as Obama and Bill Clinton. Now I feel as you did. You are an illegitimate president who I will insult and laugh at, because imitation is the greatest form of flattery right? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
or you could be more mature and take the high road.

oh, wait.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That is a strange question to ask, why exactly would you expect people to just love Trump because of a slogan like "love trumps hate?" Love trumps hate doesn't mean love everyone, including those that are hateful to others. When our Orange Clown Monster decided to stop pushing the White Nationalist agenda, then maybe people would be more willing to accept him, but since we are talking about Trump, he will continue to be the same person he has always been and we will continue to fight against him and his agenda.
Trying to understand the liberals meaning behind 'love trumps hate.' Does that mean by hating Trump and the 150 million basket of Deplorables you are showing love....confused by liberals irrationality....I haven't learned to love by hating concept.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Liberals have never embraced hate, Trump has.
Who do you think Trump hates and why?

Old 11-20-2016, 05:56 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,218,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
or you could be more mature and take the high road.

oh, wait.
This poster actually thinks his/her Trump insults on C-D will reverberate around the world.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,319,534 times
Everyone is waiting for him to do something lovable.

Considering he's spent pretty much his entire adult life being a jerk it's not looking good.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:22 PM

979 posts, read 493,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trying to understand the liberals meaning behind 'love trumps hate.' Does that mean by hating Trump and the 150 million basket of Deplorables you are showing love....confused by liberals irrationality....I haven't learned to love by hating concept.
Not sure what is confusing you about this....Trump represents hatred with what he vomits onto society. I guess for you to better understand it, it should read "love trumps hate, but it is okay to hate trump because there is no love for him." That could work, but it is a bit too wordy.

Did you expect liberals just to start loving Trump and all his hateful things he says? Fat chance.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Not sure what is confusing you about this....Trump represents hatred with what he vomits onto society. I guess for you to better understand it, it should read "love trumps hate, but it is okay to hate trump because there is no love for him." That could work, but it is a bit too wordy.

Did you expect liberals just to start loving Trump and all his hateful things he says? Fat chance.
There is no 'love' in the liberals love trumps hate meaningless statement. I temporarily forgot that liberals mean the opposite of what they say so I'll interpret for the rest of us....a liberal saying love trumps hate means their hatred will trump love.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,508,563 times
dear liberals, please read.

Dear liberals: Start practicing the empathy you preach | New York Post

And walk the walk. Hypocrisy doesn't look pretty on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections