Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 05:52 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times

Advertisements

For the record, I think people who didn't vote at all have no right to complain and no reason to be protesting. Go register to vote. Read up on the issues.

This stupidity of "if you don't like it, leave" is just that - stupid. It would just as stupid if the election results were different. I'd never tell someone this. You can be bitter, you can be angry, you can march in the streets, but no, you shouldn't leave. This is our America. Not just mine. Not just yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
First, the Huffpo is an alt-left rag. Second, way to marginalize women, people. The left wants to make women seem like weak marshmellows, incapable of dealing with stress productively: they need their therapy dogs, playdoh, and coloring books. Give me a break!

Now, I admit we currently have a culture that seeks to wussify women, and men for that matter, so that they aren't required to deal with reality. We're seeing an example of this with the non-voting protesters out protesting Trump.

My hope is that folks learn to grow a pair once again, men and women. We aren't Europe or Canada. We're America and all that entails. People that don't like it, leave.

Rant (sort of) over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 05:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The title should be "Liberal Bedwetters Raise Fear of Increased Violence Against Women."

These sore, hateful losers just need to be ignored for awhile. Like forever.
I hear Trump election is good for
Planned Parenthood..
Trump Win Fuels Planned Parenthood Donation Surge | The Huffington Post

ACLU, the Sierra Club
Trump Effect: Civil Liberties Groups See Surge in Donations

And their reason? FEARS.. Its all liberals have in life.. the boogie mans gonna get them..

Old 11-16-2016, 06:27 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
"The Huffington Post spoke to several advocates who have spent decades working toward ending violence against women. Many expressed feelings of uncertainty, confusion and anger since Trump’s election. They had hoped for an incoming administration that would be supportive of their work, both ideologically and financially. "

Nuf said.

Trump's Election Raises Fears Of Increased Violence Against Women | The Huffington Post

Women are supposed to be equal. They are now allowed into combat. What is this "violence" you speak of???

Old 11-16-2016, 06:30 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
The democrat protestors blocked a pregnant woman's car and smashed her windshield as she was trying to make it to the ER/hospital-- THAT'S REAL VIOLENCE TO WOMEN.

democrats are hypocrites to the max......

Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I didn't vote for Trump but this fear mongering is way out of hand. Trump never said there would be 'mass deportation squads' he simply said we are going to stop housing Mexican nationals convicted of violent crimes in our jails. How is that is extreme? He isn't going to increase violence against women any more than Bill Clinton being First Man would have. Trump is pro gay and already appointed a gay man to be UN ambassador. He backed off his Muslim ban and now says the vetting system will be fixed.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:26 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The democrat protestors blocked a pregnant woman's car and smashed her windshield as she was trying to make it to the ER/hospital-- THAT'S REAL VIOLENCE TO WOMEN.

democrats are hypocrites to the max......
Great point!

Old 11-16-2016, 11:34 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Meanwhile the Clinton supporters hold up a sign calling for the rape of Trump's wife.

Maybe the fears are correct but they're looking at the wrong source.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:34 AM

381 posts, read 177,199 times
I'm a woman. I feel fine. My life has gone on as usual. As a minority woman, people have been bold enough to say some rude things to my face, but I don't blame the President for it, nor do I go about saying this is what happens in "Obama's America". It's high time people take responsibility for their own actions--regardless of who they voted for--instead of blaming these hateful acts on someone who hasn't even been sworn in yet

Old 11-16-2016, 11:41 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
I started to read the article, but stopped when they said that in 1980, it was still legal for husbands to rape their wives. Who is it trying to limit the number of people from countries that still allow that? Hint: It wasn't Clinton.

All this handwringing because people think all rapists are privileged white college frat boys. Any look at the sex offender registry will disabuse you of that notion. Plenty of men (and women) of all colors and political affiliations (assuming they even vote).

Old 11-16-2016, 11:46 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Hahaha.

Huffington post makes up more nonsense. This after being 100% wrong about the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections