Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Clinton's Popular Vote Victory Reduce Trump's Mandate?
YES. Trump's vote count is too low to be a mandate for sweeping change. 70 27.89%
NO. Trump won, and that's reason enough for a mandate for sweeping change. 125 49.80%
DOESN'T MATTER. The mandate concept is too vague to mean anything. 56 22.31%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 11:07 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you democrats view and divide everything by race and gender with your identity politics.

If Hillary so popular, run her again in 2020, I dare the DNC ......she has been running for President since 2005, the Washington establishment on her side, the MSM on her side and 98% of all newspapers in the nation campaigned for her and she has been the candidate with the most money in any campaign in history with over 1 billion dollars and still she lost 30 states and could only get 232 electoral votes.

By the way, Hillary National popular vote edge comes from California where she beat Trump by over 4 million votes.....she is not popular in the majority of the nation, she lost 30 states.

Get over it!
Ok, what do you think Trump meant about wanting to make America great again. The KKK and alt left sure think it's about making America white again so don't blame me. I'm not the one doing the Hitler salute. He wanted to get the scum out of DC too. But here he is appointing billionaires, CEO's and bankers. Do you really think that any of them care about the middle class and working poor. They don't even know what that is. Trump said he would keep jobs here in the US but he sends his jobs overseas. Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 PM

649 posts, read 316,346 times
It's obvious Trump has a huge mandate . He's already being presidential & Obama is less than relevant .

Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
It's obvious Trump has a huge mandate . He's already being presidential & Obama is less than relevant .
Trump has no mandate since he lost the popular by millions. And how is he being presidential....whining about everything and everybody on twitter. You call that presidential. lol

Old 12-10-2016, 12:01 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has no mandate since he lost the popular by millions. And how is he being presidential....whining about everything and everybody on twitter. You call that presidential. lol
Trump won't challenge California's vote count, i wouldn't so proudly proclaim that Hillary had more legal votes from actual living people without any machine 'malfunctions'.

It also doesn't matter because Trump not only didn't campaign to win the popular vote, but plenty of Trump supporters stayed home in Calif and NY because they knew he had no shot in those states, nobody stays home if popular vote is what wins.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:12 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Trump won't challenge California's vote count, i wouldn't so proudly proclaim that Hillary had more legal votes from actual living people without any machine 'malfunctions'.

It also doesn't matter because Trump not only didn't campaign to win the popular vote, but plenty of Trump supporters stayed home in Calif and NY because they knew he had no shot in those states, nobody stays home if popular vote is what wins.
How about you prove both of those allegations?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:41 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Like I said before. Hillary can be the mayor of NY or LA. Trump is going to be president

Old 12-10-2016, 10:52 AM

42 posts, read 67,397 times
Default No mandate at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Usually in elections it is said the a landslide victory is needed to serve as a mandate for huge, sweeping changes in laws and programs. Trump won in the Electoral College with a good margin but most would not call it a landslide. Hillary Clinton is winning the national popular vote by the largest margin in U.S. history:

Popular vote count Nov. 16 0800 PST

Clinton.... 62,414,099... 47.8%
Trump...... 61,255,290... 46.9%

Clinton lead = 1,158,809 (source: Cook Political Report)
There is no mandate when you lose the popular vote by millions!

Old 12-10-2016, 11:06 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ok, what do you think Trump meant about wanting to make America great again. The KKK and alt left sure think it's about making America white again so don't blame me. I'm not the one doing the Hitler salute. He wanted to get the scum out of DC too. But here he is appointing billionaires, CEO's and bankers. Do you really think that any of them care about the middle class and working poor. They don't even know what that is. Trump said he would keep jobs here in the US but he sends his jobs overseas. Sorry, doesn't make sense to me.
By your logic Hillary would bring in an America that riots since the BLM rioters support her.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
By your logic Hillary would bring in an America that riots since the BLM rioters support her.
Not my logic, just a fact.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:13 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Results is everything and Obama has regulated American Industry out the door in the past 8 Long Years. At least Trump is shaking up the line and looks like its heading the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections