Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Clinton's Popular Vote Victory Reduce Trump's Mandate?
YES. Trump's vote count is too low to be a mandate for sweeping change. 70 27.89%
NO. Trump won, and that's reason enough for a mandate for sweeping change. 125 49.80%
DOESN'T MATTER. The mandate concept is too vague to mean anything. 56 22.31%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 11:31 PM

32,089 posts, read 15,085,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Results is everything and Obama has regulated American Industry out the door in the past 8 Long Years. At least Trump is shaking up the line and looks like its heading the right direction.
Trump is way over his head and has no idea what he is doing. If he was really serious about bringing jobs to the US, he would have never outsourced his. Sorry, he is not your savior, he won't bring jobs back. He just wants to line his pockets with the billionaires he appointed to his cabinet. You think they care about the middle class and working poor....what a joke. The rich wins, the rest of us are screwed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 11:38 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is way over his head and has no idea what he is doing. If he was really serious about bringing jobs to the US, he would have never outsourced his. Sorry, he is not your savior, he won't bring jobs back. He just wants to line his pockets with the billionaires he appointed to his cabinet. You think they care about the middle class and working poor....what a joke. The rich wins, the rest of us are screwed

Obama came with no business background ad has never ran a business!
God's sake he was a 1 term Senator and a Community organizer. Obama did not even serve in the Military. Obama was the least qualified Candidate for the Office of President. But he does have a way to fool you in thinking he will take of you!

Clinton was the most dishonest Candidate and it was the undoing of the DNC that led to your defeat.

Trump on the other hand has managed a worldwide company with stockholders who expect results!

It was Middle America who elected Trump. Not the establishment that was all in for Clinton!

Old 12-11-2016, 06:55 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
Quote:
Obama came with no business background ad has never ran a business!
God's sake he was a 1 term Senator and a Community organizer. Obama did not even serve in the Military. Obama was the least qualified Candidate for the Office of President. But he does have a way to fool you in thinking he will take of you!

Clinton was the most dishonest Candidate and it was the undoing of the DNC that led to your defeat.

Trump on the other hand has managed a worldwide company with stockholders who expect results!

It was Middle America who elected Trump. Not the establishment that was all in for Clinton!
The Trump organization is privately owned. There are no stockholders.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:57 AM

42,854 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
Results is everything and Obama has regulated American Industry out the door in the past 8 Long Years
I was curious about this claim, so googled it and found a Heritage article that lists each new 'regulation' that is 'killing business', and on the list, I found this:

Second, using this new-found power, the FCC imposed “network neutrality†requirements for treating all bits of content travelling over transmission networks in exactly the same way. Never mind that cat videos and digital 911 calls ought to be treated differently; forced neutrality has been pushed relentlessly by Internet firms that see benefits in constraining their rivals, and well as activists with a fundamental distrust of markets. As a result of these new rules, not only will investment and growth in the Internet be chilled, but innovation itself will be hindered, as firms find themselves compelled to ask permission from the FCC prior to making service changes. Red Tape Rising 2016: Obama Regs Top $100 Billion Annually

Well...that horrible regulation prevented internet providers from throttling content unless we pay extra to experience it at a faster speed...so Comcast which owns NBC might allow you to watch NBC news on your mobile device but throttle the speed to make content unviewable should you want to watch Fox or PBS

Other onerous regulations listed in the article include food safety, energy standards for air conditioners, and ozone standards. I'm sorry but I do not understand how any of that is causing industry to flee, I think it's made up $hit. Businesses leave the US primarily because of labor costs.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,564 times
Default WOW Hillary now extends popular vote lead to 2.8 mil! Shame on Donald for refusing to concede!

Donald Trump has lost popular vote by greater margin than any US President | The Independent

I just can't believe that she got MILLIONS and MILLIONS more votes and still didn't get the presidency!!
Ohh I know Trumpsters will say it's because of illegals... but making such serious accusations about integrity of elections and our democracy without proof is really ridiculous!

Old 12-13-2016, 09:59 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,766 times
Even if he conceded, so what? He still won.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:02 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,145 times
Ooooh dude, you overplayed the troll with this one.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:03 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
LOL. Ballot box stuffing discovered in Democrat districts.

Records: Too many votes in 37% of Detroit

Old 12-13-2016, 10:04 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,308,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Donald Trump has lost popular vote by greater margin than any US President | The Independent

I just can't believe that she got MILLIONS and MILLIONS more votes and still didn't get the presidency!!
Ohh I know Trumpsters will say it's because of illegals... but making such serious accusations about integrity of elections and our democracy without proof is really ridiculous!

Yesterday someone did the breakdown of these 2.8 mil more votes.......California and couple of other states?? Actually no...drum roll......basically only a handful of counties in the entire country (1.9 mil votes in Los Angeles county alone)...thank God for the EC system.....

Maybe the Democratic party will learn to manage to become relevant on more than few cities.....

Daywalk, get your valium daily dose and repeat with me...The EC system is not going to change, The EC system is not going to change, The EC system is not going to change.....

Old 12-13-2016, 10:07 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,346,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I can, it's call the E-L-E-C-T-O-R-A-L C-O-L-L-E-G-E!

Maybe one day you will get past the denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections