Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Clinton's Popular Vote Victory Reduce Trump's Mandate?
YES. Trump's vote count is too low to be a mandate for sweeping change. 70 27.89%
NO. Trump won, and that's reason enough for a mandate for sweeping change. 125 49.80%
DOESN'T MATTER. The mandate concept is too vague to mean anything. 56 22.31%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 09:04 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It doesn't matter. If America is doing well 4 years from now, people wont care what is in his taxes. If it is not, he wont get re-elected anyway.
I totally agree, but in at least 4 states he won't get on the ballot unless he releases his taxes, so he will need to address that in some way, won't he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 10:32 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,813,710 times
The Clinton campaign was convinced that she'd win the electoral vote.
They ran the end of the campaign to run up the popular vote.
They even poured money into New Orleans for that purpose.
Why in God’s Name Would Donna Brazile Move Clinton GOTV Money Into New Orleans? | The Hayride

Old 12-20-2016, 04:23 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,277,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I totally agree, but in at least 4 states he won't get on the ballot unless he releases his taxes, so he will need to address that in some way, won't he?
Well, assuming he wants another term at that time, and he is not running unchallenged in the primary, he would release them. I guess if he feels like he has every other state locked up, he might not. Who knows.

It obviously doesn't matter for him in the general election. He is not winning CA or NY anyway. That would be pretty funny if he won the general election without a single vote in NY or CA. That would mean he wins with a landslide loss of the popular vote of epic proportions. The democrats' heads would explode.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:25 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times
Quote:
Are you attempting to say that he won't? Otherwise you have no point.

Trump won the 2016 nomination, election and electoral college fair & square. This when every unfair trick in the book was played against him.

He will do it again in 2020, because obviously, delusional Democrats have yet to learn their lesson. Maybe they will when they are reduced to a political party of just 3-4 states.

Old 12-20-2016, 04:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
No one is changing the term limit in these bills, they are legal because they are 'ballot access laws' every state has them and they vary from state to state, some states will not allow a Presidential candidate if they are a member of the communist party...where in the Constitution is that prohibited?
The Worst Ballot Access Laws in the United States - FairVote

But don't worry too much about it, given the wonderful start he's off to it's highly unlikely that he will be re-elected.

"The good news for Donald Trump a month after his presidential victory: 50% of Americans approve of the way he's handling his transition and preparations for becoming president, while 41% disapprove, according to a new NBC/WSJ poll. That's a higher approval/favorable number than he ever received during the campaign. But here's the bad news: Trump's 50%-to-41% score significantly trails Barack Obama's 71%-14% at this same point in time, or Bill Clinton's 73%-13%. (The NBC/WSJ poll never measured George W. Bush's transition approval in Dec. 2000, because the Florida recount was still going on when that poll was released.)" Trump Has Less Than a Mandate

1. Do you care to wager $$ on whether or not Trump wins re-election?
2. Who gives a flying **** on what the American public thinks of the transition. They have absolutely NO IDEA what is happening with the transition. None at all. So why even comment on it?

Old 12-20-2016, 06:09 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,038,285 times
Well, a thing or two.

When a candidate wins, be it big or small, the candidate often takes it to the bank with "the people think I'm great!"........and that is not necessarily the case.

For example, consider the Reagan-Carter election. It may not have been "the people think I, Reagan, am great!" but perhaps more of "No more Jimmy Carter!". (sound familiar?)

Equally, the reason one voted for this or that candidate may only apply at the election. Once the election is done, perhaps the love goes POOF!

Which in a way, comes back to a standard of work for us little people. "Don't tell me what you have done, show me what you can do!".

The election was then, it is done. Now, "you" have to work the job.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Well, assuming he wants another term at that time, and he is not running unchallenged in the primary, he would release them. I guess if he feels like he has every other state locked up, he might not. Who knows. It obviously doesn't matter for him in the general election. He is not winning CA or NY anyway. That would be pretty funny if he won the general election without a single vote in NY or CA. That would mean he wins with a landslide loss of the popular vote of epic proportions. The democrats' heads would explode.
I agree, if Trump maintains his support among republicans he can probably win the electoral college without any of those states but what happens to the Senate and House if he's not on the ballot? There 53 house seats in California, republicans hold 14 of them. Darryl Issa won by 1,000 votes and that was with Trump on the ballot, if he was not eligible to be on the ballot my guess is that he would have lost, along with several others..

Old 12-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
1. Do you care to wager $$ on whether or not Trump wins re-election?
2. Who gives a flying **** on what the American public thinks of the transition. They have absolutely NO IDEA what is happening with the transition. None at all. So why even comment on it?
Why are you getting so jacked up over what I said, are you getting worried?

Old 12-20-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you attempting to say that he won't? Otherwise you have no point.
Trump won the 2016 nomination, election and electoral college fair & square. This when every unfair trick in the book was played against him.
He will do it again in 2020, because obviously, delusional Democrats have yet to learn their lesson. Maybe they will when they are reduced to a political party of just 3-4 states.
Please see post #717

Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 AM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Donald Trump has lost popular vote by greater margin than any US President | The Independent

I just can't believe that she got MILLIONS and MILLIONS more votes and still didn't get the presidency!!
Ohh I know Trumpsters will say it's because of illegals... but making such serious accusations about integrity of elections and our democracy without proof is really ridiculous!
No we won't.

We'll just say, "scoreboard."

You you folks need to do now is ask MSM and Academia what you're supposed to think. What they need to stop telling you is the simple fact that the Popular vote doesn't matter and the EC does.

You don't get much for 2nd place in this deal... as y'all will see... all y'all that is, including Hillary Clinton herself AND Donna Brasille.

Don't feel shamed. It was not your fault, you voters. You were bamboozled.

You can congratulate us now.

Thank you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections