Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 11:01 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,561,483 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 12:03 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,992,040 times
Many celebrities become overly impressed with themselves. Due to have sizeable bank accounts and being recognizable wherever they go they lose perspective. They start to believe they are that much smarter and better than the 'ordinary' people.

It's sickening to watch, especially people like Katy Perry who pranced around on stage with Hillary like she was the Queen of the world. Barf. She doesn't have enough life experience yet, and her brain isn't developed enough yet for her to know as much as someone who has been on this planet for the last 50 years or longer. On top of that she lives a pampered, catered to lifestyle which makes her even more removed from what every day people experience.

Being young and clueless is an excuse Katy could make, but 'The Boss', Bruce Springsteen? What's his excuse, too much partying throughout the years? When I was growing up his album 'The River' was one of ones I listened to a lot. Really identified with the image he created at the time. Either money and fame changed him greatly, or he never was the man he portrayed himself as. He obviously has no concern for what our citizens have to deal with on a day to day basis, but is a strong proponent for all the PC issues Democrats push. If I ever decide to spend money on music again, it wont be on his. That's my protest against his limp wristed shenanigans.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:57 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Nice!

Old 11-17-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Liberal celebrities are upset for the same reason as the rest of us: The bad guy won. It's just that simple.

However, on the other side, Ted Nugent is happy.

The lunatics are running the asylum now. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Are you alright? Should we call the waaahambulance?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:05 PM

8,700 posts, read 11,096,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Celebrities are just pissed because they didn't get their way. They are spoiled and privileged and used to getting their way and having their asses kissed. Most have no grasp on reality and live in a bubble. They need to shut their uneducated mouths and stick to what they know...entertaining.
+1000

Old 11-17-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Celebrities are just pissed because they didn't get their way. They are spoiled and privileged and used to getting their way and having their asses kissed. Most have no grasp on reality and live in a bubble. They need to shut their uneducated mouths and stick to what they know...entertaining.
Half of these morons don't even do that very well.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Obama is coming to their rescue. He is going to hand them the Freedom Metal. The Freedom Metal now has the value of a bottle cap or safety pin.
As least you can play skelsies(or skelly) with a bottle cap. (For the NYC crowd)!

Old 11-17-2016, 04:36 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,047,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
That was pretty cool. I know Trump supporters sometimes think of this election as a movement against the establishment and main stream media, but I hope it gets recognized and picked up as a movement against Hollywood. In my opinion Hollywood has been forming this weird relationship with the establishment which is strange because you think of it as just entertainment.

Another rant, so sick of people who laugh at me when I don't know the actors of a famous movie that we are talking about, then when I turn around and ask them who our Senators are they look at me like I am weird.....I even ask how many Senators we have in our State and most don't even know. Same goes for NFL players. I hangout with college educated people who supposedly are above average intelligent according to education, IQ and income. God what is the lower class like lol.

I do believe Hollywood and singers still had an effect, just not a big enough effect. I don't think we can measure this effect, but many young people look up to Jay Z and Beyonce.

Last edited by peequi; 11-17-2016 at 04:54 PM..

Old 11-17-2016, 04:45 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,129,151 times
Will there be any celebrities here to respond? Ted Danson or Richard Dreyfus would be good.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
I think celebrities will be just fine. Entertainment is one of the country's biggest exports. Yeah, yeah, but, but, but soon we'll be manufacturing up a storm with new protectionist policies.

But for now, this country is very dependent on the entertainment industry. In fact, the righties just elected a tv celebrity. And when the Celebrity Apprentice president elect ushers in his recession, everyone will turn to tv and movies as an escape from their economic misery, as they always do. Actors have a lot of job security in this country. I really wouldn't concern myself with worrying about them. They'll do just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections