Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy our Founding Fathers are defeating Liberals from the grave through the EC?
Lovin it,they were inspired 65 81.25%
my Founding Fathers are from Africa 0 0%
My Founding Father is Karl marx 0 0%
My Founding Father is Commander Spock...live long and prosper 5 6.25%
I support the popular vote 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 AM

31,027 posts, read 19,620,981 times

Advertisements

SO far, this poll, obviously more accurate and scientific than CNN or NBC, shows less than 5% of the nation wants to allow a popular vote to decide our President and is fully supportive of the Founding Fathers defeating Liberalism from the grave 200 years past their deaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 11:48 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
SO far, this poll, obviously more accurate and scientific than CNN or NBC, shows less than 5% of the nation wants to allow a popular vote to decide our President and is fully supportive of the Founding Fathers defeating Liberalism from the grave 200 years past their deaths.
There is no chance that the Electoral Vote will be changed any time soon. even if over 50% of the people want it changed, those people aren't in the right places to see that it gets changed.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:57 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,659,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Would you have still supported it if the tables had been turned? Trump wins popular vote but Hillary won electoral vote!

Old 11-18-2016, 12:25 PM

9,484 posts, read 14,451,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Would you have still supported it if the tables had been turned? Trump wins popular vote but Hillary won electoral vote!
The so-called democrats still have filibuster power in the Senate, no small power, and if they have any sense of Constitutional duty, they will use it at almost every turn.

If Bill Clinton's wife had won, the so-called republicans would continue to have filibuster power in the Senate, no small power, as well as a majority in the House, and they would be derelict in their Constitutional duty were they not to use it at almost every turn.

Checks and balances goes deep into the fabric of power at every level of government in these United States.

Rule from the grave!

Old 11-18-2016, 12:27 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,700,880 times
I wish the Electoral College functioned as the founding fathers intended. They wisely knew that the populace was too foolish to be trusted to vote directly for the highest office in the land. They were susceptible to supporting demagogues of low cunning who could appeal to the popular vote, but who did not have the intellectual or moral wherewithal to serve as president. They established the Electoral College as an important check on popular will. In those cases when the masses elected a tyrant, Electoral College voters were supposed to deliberate and pick a more suitable choice. If ever there was a time to do this, it is now. We are so clearly headed for utter disaster. Only fools who can't see it or bastards who cheer it on because they want to watch the whole thing burn welcome this. I wish the Electoral College members would not rubber stamp the popular vote in their states. I wish they would pick someone suitable -- a Mitt Romney or someone even more conservative but a person of principles. But they won't. They'll effect this vote for a demagogic tyrant, and the corpses of the founding fathers will cry dusty tears.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:52 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I wish the Electoral College functioned as the founding fathers intended. They wisely knew that the populace was too foolish to be trusted to vote directly for the highest office in the land.
That isn't why it was instituted.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:01 PM

2,793 posts, read 1,661,293 times
Honestly, I don't see anything to gloat about. Democrats will win again eventually.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:24 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,566,129 times
The Founding Fathers are turning in their graves. Donald Trump would be anathema to their sense of decency and decorum.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:45 PM

2,964 posts, read 2,921,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
The Founding Fathers are turning in their graves. Donald Trump would be anathema to their sense of decency and decorum.

aaahhhhh.....BWAHAHAHA!!! I shouldn't have read that while drinking...

You serious? Our founding fathers' sex scandal entanglements would put Trump to shame.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:32 PM

19,963 posts, read 7,928,804 times
Had the founders known we'd have open borders to the entire alien voting world 190 years later, they probably would done more than just the electoral college.

Funny how liberals want to get rid of the long standing electoral college but don't want to amend dubious aspects of the 14th amendment giving birthright citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections