Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:33 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I am confident in my ability to carve out a living, to make sure my skill set is in demand. I gotten a raise of at least 3-5% for the 15 years every year except maybe 08. I was told repeatedly by trump supporters how trump was a social liberal, "he doesn't care what bathroom people use" etc it's clear by his appointments that was false, we are looking at a tea party level social regressive platform being implemented as we speak.
Since about 0.3% of the U.S. population is transgender, that's about the amount of time that Trump should spend on the issue in the net 4 years. I'd rather see him focus on good jobs, border security, and the economy which affect ALL Americans.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:34 AM

5,284 posts, read 6,221,083 times
I voted for Hillary and am still here. But I am by no means a Hilbot and this was actually the first vote I ever cast for a Clinton.

I will say it would be interesting to hear more reasoned posts and conversations about how Trump flipped some states and why Clinton cratered. I still can't figure which is the bigger takeaway. Her campaign should be an interesting case study for political aficionados. And it was a particularly wild election to say the least.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:38 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No one is "registering anyone" or making their platform based on fear. Get a grip

Obama acted like a dictator---especially when it came to dealing with illegals.
He couldn't work with congress to get anything done, so his pen and phone legacy will only last until he's gone. And don't tell me the congress refused to work with him. He didn't even try very hard. The guy wouldn't know how to compromise to save his life. A CEO of a company sure wouldn't be able to complain to his board of directors that he couldn't work with his management team. He would be expected to compromise. And I know he doesn't have the ability to fire his congress, but I don't think the effort to work with them was ever truly made. It was elections have consequences, we won, get in the back of the bus.

I'm hoping that both parties will start working together for us instead of this gang warfare they have where each side has to get revenge on the other side for things. The Democrats had congressional hearings on Borke and Thomas, then we had the GOP investigating every single thing the Clintons did. Then we had investigations on every single thing the Bushes did. Then we had Obama, and the vitriol there from both sides and it's ridiculous. I'm tired of it. Maybe with a guy who isn't really a party man, more can get done.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I am confident in my ability to carve out a living, to make sure my skill set is in demand. I gotten a raise of at least 3-5% for the 15 years every year except maybe 08. I was told repeatedly by trump supporters how trump was a social liberal, "he doesn't care what bathroom people use" etc it's clear by his appointments that was false, we are looking at a tea party level social regressive platform being implemented as we speak.
I don't think so, but we will see. He's throwing bones to the base, but Donald Trump will run the show. And the Taxed Enough Already Party doesn't care about social issues either. Some do like Ted Cruz, but he was rejected by the voters. I don't think Trump will forget that it was the labor democrats who put him over the top, and they don't want their social security messed with. The gay marriage and abortion issues were ruled on by the Supreme Court, and when it had a 5-4 split, so I would not worry too much about those issues.

And if he's awful, there is always an election in four years, and mid-terms in two.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I still haven't seen many of them back since election night.
You too? It def got quieter here after Election day.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I am inclined to agree but the reality is we just don't know yet what kind of presidency we will have. I am hopeful he will put in some significant work to address long standing issues that both parties have ignored (take your pick-there are many).

Actually the last 8 years have been relatively stable after the debacle that was the two Bush presidencies. Opinions seem to mirror political affiliations but unemployment before and now and the market before and now are indisputable signs that the country has not been run into the ground.
In the last eight years my insurance premiums went from $600 a month for the family to $1,200 a month for the family , with deductibles so high I can't even think about getting a non-life threatening procedure done. And I don't qualify for subsidies. The middle class has been pounded these last eight years. The market is great, but doesn't help me much. So, I'm willing to see what comes with a new direction.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
If you look at their "join date" you should suspect a few of the leavers were paid or volunteers for the campaign.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 AM

1,009 posts, read 709,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That's because the Trump supporters here have become unbearable and obnoxious and the mods do nothing about it.
You certainly jest

Old 11-21-2016, 07:08 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,263,880 times
I peek in once in a while since I work full time (seems like some believe we are paid to comment on here or think we have no jobs?) There weren't many of us to begin with, for every comment we make we get pounced on by like ten Trumpkin comments. Plus they start getting nasty and instead of going high I went low, so trying to take a break from here none the less.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:16 AM

1,009 posts, read 709,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We are all going to hurt because he won't do the things he says he will. He sends his work to foreign countries. He hasn't paid taxes while the rest of us have. And yet you are ok with this. How is he going to bring back companies to the US.
We are not talking about Obama here who promised false Hope and Change .

Trump used the existing tax laws to his benefit just like many of Hillay's contributors do the same thing . He will bring back jobs by changing the existing trade deals with other companies that Bill Clinton signed years ago . He will take away benefits from companies that go to other countries to open up business , by lowering the income tax rate he will invest money in this country and create more jobs .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections