Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 09:13 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,161 times

Advertisements

This pretty much sums it up:

By the Cult of Hillary Clinton, I don't mean the nearly 62 million Americans who voted for her. I have not one doubt that they are as mixed and normal a bag of people as the Trumpites are. No, I mean the Hillary machine—the celebs and activists and hacks who were so devoted to getting her elected and who have spent the past week sobbing and moaning over her loss. These people exhibit cult-like behavior far more than any Trump cheerer I've come across.

https://reason.com/archives/2016/11/...-saint-hillary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 PM

22,461 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Apparently, the link isn't working.

That said, they really are sore losers---crying for days, rioting in the streets---all because they didn't get their way.

They need to get a grip and suck it up and deal---just like we had to do when Obama was elected.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:18 AM

17,378 posts, read 14,626,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Apparently, the link isn't working.

That said, they really are sore losers---crying for days, rioting in the streets---all because they didn't get their way.

They need to get a grip and suck it up and deal---just like we had to do when Obama was elected.

It's because there's an automatic censor on the poop word that's in the link. You'll have to change the **** in the link to the other four letter word for poop.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:40 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,606 times
https://reason.com/archives/2016/11/20/america-called-bull$hit-on-saint-hillary
(note: substitute S for $)

LOL Apparently City Data Forum does not like the words encapsulated in the URL! Oh well here's some choice quotes...

Quote:
What's funny about this is not simply that it's the biggest chattering-class hissy fit of the 21st century so far — and chattering-class hissy fits are always funny. It's that whatever you think of Trump (I'm not a fan) or his supporters (I think they're mostly normal, good people), the fact is they've got nothing on the Clinton cult when it comes to creepy, pious worship of a politician.

By the Cult of Hillary Clinton, I don't mean the nearly 62 million Americans who voted for her. I have not one doubt that they are as mixed and normal a bag of people as the Trumpites are. No, I mean the Hillary machine—the celebs and activists and hacks who were so devoted to getting her elected and who have spent the past week sobbing and moaning over her loss. These people exhibit cult-like behavior far more than any Trump cheerer I've come across.

It's all incredibly revealing. What it points to is a mainstream, Democratic left that is so bereft of ideas and so disconnected from everyday people that it ends up pursuing an utterly substance-free politics of emotion and feeling and doesn't even realize it's doing it. They are good, everyone else is bad; they are light itself, everyone else is darkness; and so no self-awareness can exist and no self-criticism can be entertained. Not for even one second, in Heffernan's words. The Cult of Hillary Clinton is the clearest manifestation yet of the 21st-century problem of life in the political echo chamber.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:17 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
https://reason.com/archives/2016/11/20/america-called-bull$hit-on-saint-hillary
(note: substitute S for $)

LOL Apparently City Data Forum does not like the words encapsulated in the URL! Oh well here's some choice quotes...
I guess the mods think we're all little children who need our innocent eyes shielded from naughty words.

Anyway, here you go.

https://reason.com/archives/2016/11/20/america-called-bullsh*t-on-saint-hillary

Last edited by neko_mimi; 11-22-2016 at 01:26 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 05:30 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,403 times
Whenever a link is too long or has a word that does not format, you can use TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL to make a shorter link and also one that does not have the offensive word in it, for instance in this case America Called Bull**** on the Cult of Clinton - Reason.com

Now as for the topic, I have never seen anyone who has turned out to be a bigger bunch of crybabies as some Hillary supporters, people moving out of the country or at least threatening to, most of those got rich here in the US, so they are double babies and then all the riots, closing of roads, Black Lives Matter Groups Release List of Ridiculous Demands
college students too upset to take tests and their walkouts and all the damage being done to our nation by those babies. I for one am glad Trump got elected so hopefully some people with sense can wake up and get the democrat party to fall more in line with the wants and needs of the average people but, I am going to bet that will never happen and instead they will move even farther left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections