Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:19 AM

45,585 posts, read 60,969,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Aside from President Obama, Hillary received more votes than anyone else in the history of presidential elections !!

Although two weeks have lapsed, I am still really disappointed about the election results.
I find it deplorable that the election has impacted you so much. You really shouldn't cling so bitterly to the disappointment.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:21 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,985,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Stop it. That's just plain silly talk. We are more than ready for a woman in power. She just wasn't the right woman.

You've had some very kind replies in this thread. If you choose to ignore the comfort and advice and just continue clutching your pearls and whinging you will soon see the gentle tone disappear and be replaced with criticism.
Lol if women are allowed than how come no woman except HRC in the history got more than 2 million votes in presidential election?
And Hillary got 63 mil, more votes than ANY republican candidate and except Obama only in history!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:22 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,820,798 times
Quote:
Hillary lost because she is a woman! Despite getting 1.7 million more votes than the president-select, she still can't win! Why? Because those rust belt whites hate leadership by women!
What is wrong with the left? Don't you realize lies like this is partly to blame for your loss. It's not about man, woman, black white, it's about EVERYONE who just wants to be able to support their family and at least live a decent life. We are sick of you're attacks on people for daring not to align with you and you're ilk.

Identity politics, Hillary's corruption, the media's obvious favoritism and refusal to report honestly (dangerous for the people) AND Obamacare is just a few mentions of the long list of reasons I would not vote for Hillary.

I'm a woman and hope to see a woman prez some day but I'm not willing to vote this country down the path of more corruption to get one.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Life isn't always fair, so we just have to keep moving on and hoping for the best. A lot of us feel the way you do, more so this year than in any previous election. This election was different, it was more about trying to keep an inept, dangerously motivated man out out of the WH, more than it was about simply electing Hillary.

We knew Hillary had her baggage and failings, but Trump REALLY HAS FAILINGS !!!!! So, we will simply wait until January to see how things play out. I see him backtracking on some of the more radical views he had already, and he will have to contend with getting his ideas passed through both sides, so maybe they will be able to put a bit in his mouth and control his impulsiveness and tantrums.

Personally, I don't see him finishing 4 years, with the views and behavior he exhibits.
Well said except Hillary has always been my first choice!! I have been so devoted to her campaign since she announced she would run! U just have no idea how depressed I was after election night!

Hillary has fought for families and minorities, especially those struggling for much of her life! The evil right wing just kept witch hunting her for decades but their efforts were futile! I just can't believe those in the rust belts don't believe her

Old 11-22-2016, 08:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,535,515 times
Quote:
Lol if women are allowed than how come no woman except HRC in the history got more than 2 million votes in presidential election?
And Hillary got 63 mil, more votes than ANY republican candidate and except Obama only in history!
So you ignore my kind and gentle positive first post to you and choose instead to remain negative and acrid and all eaten up.

Alright then. Wallow in self pity. Screw it.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:29 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,535,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Hehe, yep. Alec Baldwin will be cashing a lot of SNL paychecks for the next 4 years. I have mellowed in my disappointment somewhat. My life will go on, the person in the WH really does not affect me personally a lot, maybe some people it does, but not me.

So, tomorrow I go on vacation for a week, forget about all this back and forth bickering, drink a lot of beer and eat some great food ! Life goes on.
I love this. Positive and forward-thinking. Have an awesome holiday!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Well said except Hillary has always been my first choice!! I have been so devoted to her campaign since she announced she would run! U just have no idea how depressed I was after election night!

Hillary has fought for families and minorities, especially those struggling for much of her life! The evil right wing just kept witch hunting her for decades but their efforts were futile! I just can't believe those in the rust belts don't believe her
Yea sure, you probably worked harder than she did.

Back when Bill was prez and Hillary was pushing Hillarycare, she was so concerned with women's pay that she said that nurses were undereducated and over paid. For Hillary, it's all about big corporations and cronyism, you know, those who have a lot of money to pad her coffers. She doesn't give a damn about the American and women.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
The pendulum swings back and forth in American politics. It always has. OP, I suggest a little break from this forum. Life will get back to normal for you a little faster if you don't voluntarily surround yourself with this topic here. America is a strong country. Have faith in that.
Your advice is fine but the problem is you have no idea how devoted I was to Hillary's cause!! If it wasn't for those 100k votes in Pennsylvania Michigan and Wisconsin she would have been president

Old 11-22-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
So you ignore my kind and gentle positive first post to you and choose instead to remain negative and acrid and all eaten up.

Alright then. Wallow in self pity. Screw it.
LOL, I agree. They won't be able to snap out of it, the propaganda engine of the liberal media is still here and they will keep them angry and wallowing in self pity.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:35 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,007,204 times
Quote:
Your advice is fine but the problem is you have no idea how devoted I was to Hillary's cause!! If it wasn't for those 100k votes in Pennsylvania Michigan and Wisconsin she would have been president
Yeah, so we were only 100K votes away from the most corrupt politician in history taking power. Now instead we have Trump, not much better, but at least he doesn't have her deplorable track record in politics...yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections