Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 08:52 AM

24,690 posts, read 17,427,197 times

Advertisements

All along it was the Golden Girls election to lose and Trumps to win.

He ran an excellent campaign despite the cringe worthy tweet times.
Trump beat out 16 qualified candidates because he struck a nerve with the core of America and he appealed to their senses.
What did Hillary appeal to? I saw her message as a simple same ol same ol while America suffers and she gets richer.

She Lost, Trump Won and America gets to live at least another 4 years.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:56 AM

18,100 posts, read 27,569,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It sounds like the Electoral College 'system'...'robbed' her.
Trump won far and square.
That is our system...that is not to say I am happy about it.

I do think the popular vote should be the way.

Well if that was the constitutional law, he would have campaigned for and won that instead.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,368,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Meanwhile back on planet earth things are starting to look pretty good.
Yes, they are. I'm very excited. Can't wait till Friday! Then the real work of dismantling Obama's "legacy" begins.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:05 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,985,837 times
Whatever the bushes didn't finish off, trump will put the final nail in the coffin that is the United States!!! T_T

Old 01-18-2017, 09:22 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,568,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Whatever the bushes didn't finish off, trump will put the final nail in the coffin that is the United States!!! T_T
Oh yes. Will we even last the whole 4 years or will the USA be gone before 2020??

I can't even think about it!!T_T

Old 01-18-2017, 09:39 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,926,532 times
You have to hand it to crooked hillary, she really pulled something off by snatching defeat from the hands of victory.
She was the most sure thing winner ever to come along. On top of that, she spend several times more money on campaigning, had the crooked press in her pocket, and cheated in every way possible, and still got her monstrous azz handed to her...
America truly was the real victor, the Clinton crime family is finished.
hillary lost, America won..!

Old 01-18-2017, 09:48 AM

40,999 posts, read 49,390,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, they are. I'm very excited. Can't wait till Friday! Then the real work of dismantling Obama's "legacy" begins.
Obama's Legacy was written in sand. I'll bet Bin Laden will surface once he's left office.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 AM

26,096 posts, read 22,290,891 times
Quote:
"The final nail in the coffin" would have been the election of the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton and her and her cronies desire to take away everything we are as a people and a country - nationalism has been saved now, thank God! Truly, thank God!

That you say this makes me think that you didn't really understand what the election was about. It wasn't about single personal issues, social issues, etc., it was about saving our country.

Trump vs. Hillary Is Nationalism vs. Globalism, 2016 | The National Interest

I don't know if they still teach economics and American government in high school, but we all need to start promoting that be done. It will make it much easier for the younger people to understand "politics" and make it easier for them to choose candidates based on the big picture versus the current "me" agenda.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:58 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,952,500 times
Quote:
Think about it.. from encouraging and benefiting from hacking of US citizens by hostile foreign entities to colliding with Puketin to influence integrity of US elections to LOSING by 2.8 million votes ( it takes a FEW months just to count from 1 to 2.8 million even if you can count one number per second!)

There is simply NOTHING legitimate about Trump's so called presidency... he has nothing and I mean nothing in his life worthy of being a President. It's really a sad day in america when the world is turned upside down because of Trump!!
there is a liberal sucker born every minute, and this post proves it. go back a read the constitution, and remember how we choose presidents(hint it has nothing to do with the national popular vote), and note how many countries elections WE influenced, and recognize that EVERY country tries to influence every other countries elections.

once you do these things, you will be on your way to true adulthood.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:58 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,020,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It sounds like the Electoral College 'system'...'robbed' her.
Trump won far and square.
That is our system...that is not to say I am happy about it.

I do think the popular vote should be the way.
Have you read the Constitution to refresh your memory on how to propose an Amendment to it (you did learn that in your Junior High Civics class, didn't you)? In case you didn't learn it, or can't remember, it is in Article V of the Constitution
Have you written to your Congress critters asking them to propose an Amendment to the Constitution that will eliminate Article II, Section 1 and the Twelfth Amendment (remember, you must convince three fourths of the State Legislatures to ratify it)?
Have you started a petition drive to your State Legislature to call for a Convention to amend the Constitution to provide for the election of the President and Vice President by popular vote only (remember, you have to get 2/3 of the states to agree)?
If you have done nothing, you obviously aren't really all that interested in changing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections