Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The Pennsylvania recount end with a humiliating note for the fruitcake head of the Green Party

US judge rejects Green Party's Pennsylvania recount case | Fox News

In his 31-page decision, U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond said there were at least six grounds that required him to reject the Green Party’s lawsuit, which had been opposed by Trump, the Pennsylvania Republican Party and the Pennsylvania attorney general’s office.

Suspicion of a hacked Pennsylvania election “borders on the irrational” while granting the Green Party’s recount bid could “ensure that that no Pennsylvania vote counts” given Tuesday’s federal deadline to certify the vote for the Electoral College, Diamond wrote.

Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any ‘hack’ occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania’s voting system was not in any way compromised,” Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an “unexplained, highly prejudicial” wait before filing last week’s lawsuit.
In other words, "If this was so important to you, why did you wait the last minute?"

I suspect that the judge saw through exactly what Jill Stein was up to.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:48 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
In other words, "If this was so important to you, why did you wait the last minute?"

I suspect that the judge saw through exactly what Jill Stein was up to.

Absolutely....think about it.....with a positive ruling it could have become some sort of a template in future elections for the losing party....ask for a recount (without merit or standing) then sue and counter sue in enough targeted states to prevent enough electoral votes to be counted when the EC meet and deny victory to the winning party.

Jill Stein got slapped in the face and deservedly so.

Last edited by saturno_v; 12-12-2016 at 10:22 AM..

Old 12-12-2016, 09:55 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,958 times
45k in Pennsylvania, 23k in Wisconsin and 11k in Michigan

That was all trump won by compared to Hillary's 2.65 million votes lead nationwide

=[

Old 12-12-2016, 09:55 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,108 times
Quote:
The Pennsylvania recount end with a humiliating note for the fruitcake head of the Green Party

US judge rejects Green Party's Pennsylvania recount case | Fox News

In his 31-page decision, U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond said there were at least six grounds that required him to reject the Green Party’s lawsuit, which had been opposed by Trump, the Pennsylvania Republican Party and the Pennsylvania attorney general’s office.

Suspicion of a hacked Pennsylvania election “borders on the irrational” while granting the Green Party’s recount bid could “ensure that that no Pennsylvania vote counts” given Tuesday’s federal deadline to certify the vote for the Electoral College, Diamond wrote.

Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any ‘hack’ occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania’s voting system was not in any way compromised,” Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an “unexplained, highly prejudicial” wait before filing last week’s lawsuit.
Someone send this to Obama's desk before he leaves office in January in honor of the big investigation
he has ordered.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:56 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post

That was all trump won by compared to Hillary's 2.65 million votes lead nationwide

=[
I am sorry Daywalk, you lost again, again, again, again, again, I don't think I can type that many agains for every post you created...

Old 12-12-2016, 10:09 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am sorry Daywalk, you lost again, again, again, again, again, I don't think I can type that many agains for every post you created...
This person never tires of losing

Old 12-12-2016, 10:14 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Absolutely....think about it.....a positive ruling it could have become some sort of a template in future elections for the losing party....ask for a recount (without merit or standing) then sue and counter sue in enough targeted states to prevent enough electoral votes to be counted when the EC meet and deny victory to the winning party.

Jill Stein got slapped in the face and deservedly so.
The template has been created. All it will take next time is smarter Judge shopping (like happened with tobacco lawsuits and currently happens with gun control) and you'll see recount after recount with enough Electors not certified in time to throw the election into the House.

Play the long game, people.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:16 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:

=[
No, just in California. She didn't win the popular vote, overall, in the rest of the US.

So, she LOST.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:

=[
I don't know if you remember; but how many times did we hear that Trump did not stand a chance because Hillary had her super delegates and she knows how to play the game? It was OK for your side to know exactly what you are doing and 'steal' the election from a candidate with the most popular votes - but it isn't that funny when the shoe is on the other foot.

I really do not know if this was Trump's plan in the beginning. I don't even think that he really expected to win election night. He had so many telling him that it would never happen. But Trump was in the pits, meeting people, shaking hands and learning. He fought a very hard campaign. Hillary remained aloof and out of touch to many voters.

At the beginning of the Obama Presidency the Democrats controlled everything. If the Democrats had disapproved of the electoral college and wanted only the popular vote; that was the time to push the legislation forward. You are a day late and a dollar short to complain now.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:24 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The template has been created. All it will take next time is smarter Judge shopping (like happened with tobacco lawsuits and currently happens with gun control) and you'll see recount after recount with enough Electors not certified in time to throw the election into the House.

Play the long game, people.

I don't know...I hope not...the ruling was very brutal (and a logical one if you ask me), the federal judge basically told her she is insane....it does not get more brutal that that....

Last edited by saturno_v; 12-12-2016 at 10:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections