Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:27 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,946 times

Advertisements

This is part of a very large reasoning behind Trump using Twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 06:29 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL, that would be news to Webmasters who are constantly analyzing results. There is an entire industry built around ranking web pages.
That's right.

I didn't say they were willing to share their proprietary heuristic formulae or specific algorithms.

If you think they are doing something underhand, prove it.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
This is part of a very large reasoning behind Trump using Twitter.
It is?

Tell me about it, please. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2016, 08:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post

If you think they are doing something underhand, prove it.

I never implied nor said they changed the algo to favor Hillary. What I did say was if they were doing that they need to let their users know it. You can't have public policy of suggesting your algo is blind if it's being adjusted to favor particular sites.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I never implied nor said they changed the algo to favor Hillary. What I did say was if they were doing that they need to let their users know it. You can't have public policy of suggesting your algo is blind if it's being adjusted to favor particular sites.
So if you don't know whether Google is guilty of misrepresentation or not, OK. That's all I wanted to know.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:58 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You are going to rearrange your internet life for fake news? Have fun.
Fake news? They did this throughout the whole campaign. At one point there were no results for Trump even running for President. I did the search! All I got back was Hillary and Bernie results.

That was the day I switched to Bing.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:17 PM

27,126 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukua View Post
And if they did supposedly do this, what's the problem? Google is a COMPANY. As long as what they are doing isn't illegal, they can do whatever they want. They don't owe you, or Trump ANYTHING. The entitlement in this country is beyond me.

Sums up the Left in a nutshell.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:48 AM

776 posts, read 745,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am not saying that they are not legally liable, that's up to the courts to decide.. I am just saying there are no laws to lie to a person... but I guess it depends on the lie...
There are law and regulations where businesses can't misrepresent information with or about their product.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
In today's connected world, it's becoming easier for the elites to manipulate information than ever before.

I've never had my postings removed by any website until this election. Luckily the people came out and took back their country.

Had Hillary got elected, she will try to change the voting system and take those controls away from the citizens of the country and give it to her minions. Then it would be all over for America and the world, we'll be forever competing for the bottom and against people who have nothing to lose trying to get into this country.

It's just amazing the liberals have so much access to information today yet failed to see the causality of their grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections